Proof that boxing is dead

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Conor Mcgregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov weren't the only top P4P fighters to compete this weekend. Two of the best P4P boxers in the world competed this weekend: Srisaket Sor Rungivsai and Naoya Inoue. Both are universally ranked top 10 P4P in the boxing world: http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-terence-crawford-leapfrogs-gennady-golovkin

Despite them being two of the best P4P boxers in the world, literally nobody gave a shit about their fights. In fairness, Sor Rungvisai had a gimme opponent at ONEFc. However, Naoya Inoue took on a legitimate opponent on Payano, with Inoue scoring his second straight 1st round KO in brutal fashion.

This is not an anti-boxing thread. It's just shows the sad state of boxing that you can have a guy like Naoya Inoue competing, who should be a superstar, and nobody gives a shit.

naoya has a big following in japan and is making big bucks any time he fights there, i've seen several of his fights where the arena was absolutely packed

nobody gives a shit about his fight?

Boxing needs another Mike Tyson figure again to draw big.

You idiot lol.
One fight in each sport doesn't evaluate anything.

Shall we compare fury vs wilder or aj vs klitchsko to DC vs Lewis?

What time did the Inoue fight air? I know Sor Rungvisai fought at like 6 in the morning. Hard to get hyped for these fights at odd hours. Same shit happens with Rizin, unfortunately.

Boxing needs another Mike Tyson figure again to draw big.
Dude... Inoue has 2 decisions in 17 fights, and has taken out his last two opponents in the first round. He is a Mike Tyson figure. He touches guys and they go down. Every time he steps in the ring, magic happens.

Of his last six fights, none have even hit the half way point.

fury vs wilder is in December and we just had another canelo v ggg

boxing has it's problems for sure but good fights have been coming together

just stop lmfao

how anyone can buy a boxing PPV and enjoy the whole card is beyond me

I am a fight fan and rather watch paint dry

hours of cost cutting production and boring fights with no names all leading up to a Mayweather fight in which he pitter patters and dances for 12 rounds (nah, its art bro, its boxing science bro!!!). and you can never tell who is winning or losing because the judge's scores or so fucking wonky. Mayweather could throw zero punches in a round and win it somehow

yeah sign me up for $100 for that filth

GGG vs Canelo 1&2 put the final stake in boxing

Conor Mcgregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov weren't the only top P4P fighters to compete this weekend. Two of the best P4P boxers in the world competed this weekend: Srisaket Sor Rungivsai and Naoya Inoue. Both are universally ranked top 10 P4P in the boxing world: http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-terence-crawford-leapfrogs-gennady-golovkin

Despite them being two of the best P4P boxers in the world, literally nobody gave a shit about their fights. In fairness, Sor Rungvisai had a gimme opponent at ONEFc. However, Naoya Inoue took on a legitimate opponent on Payano, with Inoue scoring his second straight 1st round KO in brutal fashion.

This is not an anti-boxing thread. It's just shows the sad state of boxing that you can have a guy like Naoya Inoue competing, who should be a superstar, and nobody gives a shit.

ah no, i think boxing is on the up, ESPN, DAZN, showtime and Fox are all making moves on boxing forcing HBO to get out with there ridiculous 89.95 USD ppvs, all the fighters that stood by their promoters after this whole inactive war is finally settling, hell NBC is looking to air fights on nationwide television, also i watched Naoya Inoue and hope he wins the tournament, he's a beast.

War Wilder, Usyk, Lomachenko, Mikey Garcia (hopefully against Spence)

GGG vs Canelo 1&2 put the final stake in boxing

their fights were good but still does not compare to a top level MMA fight where anything can happen, someone can go stiff at the blink of an eye, a submission or takedown can come, etc

you just knew those guys were going decision

Boxing is far from dead! Fury vs the Dosser is coming up!

Also the bodybuilder sells out 90k at Wembley every time he fights. Perhaps it's dying in the States, but it's healthy elsewhere. Mayweather comes back and fights Manny, it still crushes any UFC PPV

how anyone can buy a boxing PPV and enjoy the whole card is beyond me

I am a fight fan and rather watch paint dry

hours of cost cutting production and boring fights with no names all leading up to a Mayweather fight in which he pitter patters and dances for 12 rounds (nah, its art bro, its boxing science bro!!!). and you can never tell who is winning or losing because the judge's scores or so fucking wonky. Mayweather could throw zero punches in a round and win it somehow

yeah sign me up for $100 for that filth
name one mayweather event you watched where the undercard was no names and floyd won rounds by not throwing punches.

Boxing and MMA are not competing against each other moron. They feed off each other. Massive events boost other events. And boxing is in phenomenal shape in the last two years. That helps mma to grow too.

There’s not much left in boxing after the Fury/Wilder/Joshua fights. All my friends who were casual boxing fans have now switched to casual MMA fans. They find Boxing boring now compared to MMA.

Are you serious? Naoya Inoue is what Dana White want. The Japanese market

Didn't UFC's biggest ever star just need to go over to boxing to make his first ever genuine payday?

Apparently boxing money > Reebok money.

Back