Proof that boxing is dead

Plenty of boxing on DAZN and so far it hasn’t been a disappointment. I decided to keep the app just to see the WBSS and Inoue. Also Anthony Joshua and Usyk.

Asian fighters in the lower weight classes not drawing American audiences? color me shocked.

TS needs to uppercut himself

It's so dead Floyd had to fight Connor in the octagon to make a decent buck for a living.

Conor Mcgregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov weren't the only top P4P fighters to compete this weekend. Two of the best P4P boxers in the world competed this weekend: Srisaket Sor Rungivsai and Naoya Inoue. Both are universally ranked top 10 P4P in the boxing world: http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-terence-crawford-leapfrogs-gennady-golovkin

Despite them being two of the best P4P boxers in the world, literally nobody gave a shit about their fights. In fairness, Sor Rungvisai had a gimme opponent at ONEFc. However, Naoya Inoue took on a legitimate opponent on Payano, with Inoue scoring his second straight 1st round KO in brutal fashion.

This is not an anti-boxing thread. It's just shows the sad state of boxing that you can have a guy like Naoya Inoue competing, who should be a superstar, and nobody gives a shit.

Mma ain't popular anymore....
You guys were all lied to. That niche sport that was supposed to be the biggest thing ever flopped.

What is this? Sherdog circa 2006?

There’s not much left in boxing after the Fury/Wilder/Joshua fights. All my friends who were casual boxing fans have now switched to casual MMA fans. They find Boxing boring now compared to MMA.

Oh go fuck yourself and your made up friends.
Hanes sniffers like you have been saying retarded shit like this for years. Go dryhump something.

how anyone can buy a boxing PPV and enjoy the whole card is beyond me

I am a fight fan and rather watch paint dry

hours of cost cutting production and boring fights with no names all leading up to a Mayweather fight in which he pitter patters and dances for 12 rounds (nah, its art bro, its boxing science bro!!!). and you can never tell who is winning or losing because the judge's scores or so fucking wonky. Mayweather could throw zero punches in a round and win it somehow

yeah sign me up for $100 for that filth
Only no names if you don't follow the sport. The average boxing PPV is actually packed with title fights and prospects, you just don't have Joe Rogan telling you how "stacked" it is.

In boxing defense, if you make a card with Cejudo vs MM, the same night as Canelo vs GGG 2, no one would care about that too, isnt the P4P ranking, is the fighters.

their fights were good but still does not compare to a top level MMA fight where anything can happen, someone can go stiff at the blink of an eye, a submission or takedown can come, etc

you just knew those guys were going decision

Bullshit.
Oh wow.... a takedown or a submission.
Boring fucking shit. Come here and play act that that is somehow more exciting than a boxing match.
Fuck outta here

Skill and talent doesnt equal PPV buys
Charisma, story lines, bad blood, intriguing fights equal PPV buys
Everyone tuned in to see Mayweather lose while hating his fighting style as an example
Speaking english normally helps PPV buys also with exceptions to mexican fighters like Canelo because of the Mexican fanbase, mexicans in america and also Mexicans are established as great boxers around the world with exciting fights
Asians do have a history of great boxers but they just arent that popular rarely disrespectful and dont speak english mostly
Smaller fighters are automatically at a disadvantage when it comes to PPVs

Conor Mcgregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov weren't the only top P4P fighters to compete this weekend. Two of the best P4P boxers in the world competed this weekend: Srisaket Sor Rungivsai and Naoya Inoue. Both are universally ranked top 10 P4P in the boxing world: http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-terence-crawford-leapfrogs-gennady-golovkin

Despite them being two of the best P4P boxers in the world, literally nobody gave a shit about their fights. In fairness, Sor Rungvisai had a gimme opponent at ONEFc. However, Naoya Inoue took on a legitimate opponent on Payano, with Inoue scoring his second straight 1st round KO in brutal fashion.

This is not an anti-boxing thread. It's just shows the sad state of boxing that you can have a guy like Naoya Inoue competing, who should be a superstar, and nobody gives a shit.

Is boxing dead in Britain, Mexico, Japan, Eastern Europe/Russia?? Boxing is thriving! In Britain mma is only ever in the mainstream media when Conor’s fighting. Most people don’t even consider it a legitimate sport. Antony Joshua sells out 90k stadiums every fight. Yeah boxing is clearly dead

There’s not much left in boxing after the Fury/Wilder/Joshua fights. All my friends who were casual boxing fans have now switched to casual MMA fans. They find Boxing boring now compared to MMA.
Looking at the numbers I dont think anyones watching UFC outside of Conor, who just lost.

Boxing had always been a niche sport...

When’s Hulk Hogan was popular in the 80-90s that world of entertainment was more popular than boxing. Venue attendance supported this

Compared to the level of prestige boxing used to enjoy in the mainstream, I think it has probably declined.

I think McGregor is the biggest star in combat sports. In terms of popularity, and relevance I think he has surpassed Floyd (not money).

Boxing seems to be becoming more of an acquired taste, MMA seems to be more widely accepted especially with the younger generations.

However, boxing is not dead.
Terms of popularity? Wouldn't he have sold more ppvs than Floyd if that was true?
McGregors done, or his star power is done at least.
UFC has to be in the worst spot they've ever been in. No one cares about anything going on in that sport.

I remember when people knew who Liddell, Ortiz, Silva, Gsp, and Brock were.
Now, no one knows anyone outside of Conor. Jones is gonna fight Gus again, no one cares.

Floyd killed MMA

Boxing had always been a niche sport...

When’s Hulk Hogan was popular in the 80-90s that world of entertainment was more popular than boxing. Venue attendance supported this
WWF was pretty big at a time and Hulk Hogan was one of the most popular athletes at that time but.....
Mike Tyson was in the same era and, its hard to say anyone in the fight world was bigger than him. Hogan was close tho.

Back