Proper 12 - Conor releases an alcopop which cannot be sold in Ireland as whiskey - I just ordered 2

What I don't get is this.

Conor doesn't need the money.
So: why sell inferior whiskey?
An Irishman who has money can afford to stick his name on an excellent whiskey and sell it to Americans who love Two Strips.
And he should have the pride NOT to push swill. There are plenty of shit whiskeys on the market already

I love how many people are mad about this, lol. All alcohol is piss, TS. It all tastes fucking awful and the buzz it can give you is not that great either. Anybody that drinks for taste is a goof that shouldn’t be trusted, too.
tumblr_mcdbf7ahay1rpwgoe.gif

Oh and it's name would probably fall under misleading advertising - because EU courts care about selling something pretending to be 12 years old instead of being 3 years of shite that other distilleries or supermarkets didn't want - WHICH IS WHY THEY ADDED FUCKING HONEY AND VANILLA BECAUSE IT'S piss.
It doesn't say anywhere that it's twelve years old.

God you butchered connaisseurs. You make it sound like a prehistoric crocodile or something

Looks like we both dropped the ball on this one, the real spelling:

"connoisseur"

You made a real asshole of yourself here ts. That's saying a lot on this modern version of sherdog.

Only Conor haters would become whiskey experts in an attempt to discredit Conor. I'm looking forward to the first sherdogger to complete their PhD in "why Conor is all hype and the aldo punch was a fluke" - thankfully PhD's at brazilian universities are about as real as their BJJ black belts so no one would give a shit.

To be fair, half of the press conference was about this whiskey. I wouldn't expect it to be very good, because the vast majority of celebrity products are terrible and fail, but I don't really care.

I would definitely expect fans who dislike Conor to try or say they tried the whiskey and say it's bile, because why not. Conor makes a lot of money acting like an ass and pissing people off, this is to be expected. It's fun hating colossal douche-bags.

And whiskey, of all things.

Here's this whiskey that I never talked about until five minutes ago. I promise it's awesome and I took great care in creating it, even though it was barreled long before I decided to go into the whiskey business.

Or even worse.

Try my awesome whiskey. It's the freshest bottle on the shelf.

Here is how whiskey is defined

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/medi...ctednames/IrishWhiskeytechnicalfile141114.pdf

"“Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is made from natural raw materials, 100% malted barley, water and yeast. Other natural enzymes may also be used at the brewing and fermentation stage. Malted barley is produced to individual specification by dedicated malting companies, which may be un-peated or peated in character. By using 100% malted barley, “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” has distinctive smooth, velvet, full and oily texture with a malty and sweet taste. “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is defined as a spirit made from a mash of 100% malted barley and: a) saccharified by the diastase of malt contained therein, with or without other natural enzymes; b) fermented by the action of yeast; c) distilled in pot stills in such manner that the distillate has an aroma and taste derived from the materials used."

Now take a look at the bottle

20180921_155227-02-jpeg.439817

Vanilla and honey added plus some BS about toasted wood.

"If so desired and prior to bottling, the blender may use the only additive which is permitted for Irish whiskey, namely plain caramel colouring (E150a)." - not fucking honey and vanilla.

Edit: somebody send me the back of the bottle and or a link showing this is sold as “Irish whiskey” in the EU (not via the US). I will then buy a bottle of this piss.

Edit 2: I ordered two via a friend from the US and one bottle from Tesco. Will take a look the back labeling and compare. Now that will take two weeks for the US bottles. I will also have a talk with some authorities about the “Proper 12” labeling for 3 year old piss. It might mean something other than 12 year old whiskey for somebody from Dublin but not a drunk German or Pole.

You're gonna grass up Conor to the EU for selling trash to casuals? Who cares...

To be fair, half of the press conference was about this whiskey. I wouldn't expect it to be very good, because the vast majority of celebrity products are terrible and fail, but I don't really care.

I would definitely expect fans who dislike Conor to try or say they tried the whiskey and say it's bile, because why not. Conor makes a lot of money acting like an ass and pissing people off, this is to be expected. It's fun hating colossal douche-bags.

And whiskey, of all things.

Here's this whiskey that I never talked about until five minutes ago. I promise it's awesome and I took great care in creating it, even though it was barreled long before I decided to go into the whiskey business.

Or even worse.

Try my awesome whiskey. It's the freshest bottle on the shelf.
Don't give me any of that old whiskey, I want the freshest bottle you have!

Umm... Doesn't that say "with hints of" on the label? As in, nothing is added? Plenty of whisky has those taste characteristics, and sometimes you'll find that mentioned on the label. That doesn't mean they put honey or vanilla flavour in it, obviously.

Yes. It says "hints of" which means the flavors come naturally from the blend. There are no adjuncts.

Oh and it's name would probably fall under misleading advertising - because EU courts care about selling something pretending to be 12 years old instead of being 3 years of shite that other distilleries or supermarkets didn't want - WHICH IS WHY THEY ADDED FUCKING HONEY AND VANILLA BECAUSE IT'S piss.
EU doesn’t give a shot about the UK, do you live in a cave in Dagestan?

Feel like it would have been easier to break into the beer market because you don’t have to age as long and shit like that.

What I don't get is this.

he should have the pride NOT to push swill. There are plenty of shit whiskeys on the market already

He throws heavy metal objects at buses with women onboard.

Is normal.

they r called "tasting notes" buddy....

it's not actually vanilla and honey

Haha no, you will not, you dumb fuck.

Yes I will, because that’s the shit I do when I get pissed off at cunts like Conor. Check this thread for updates.

Also going to narc him about his laughing at the DA over his plea deal during the press conference. Which also broke a couple of alcohol advertising related laws. Internationally.

Also, try and look up an EU regulation is. Then try and figure out what it’s relation to a directive is. Then work out a geographical indicator is. Or what misleading consumer means. Then maybe tell me why Proper 12 in the context of EU law isn’t misleading? In Germany for instance?

Last edited:
Back