PROPOSAL: Whitebelt threads and posts can only be seen by other whitebelts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible proposal. Either whitebelts have as much to say as anyone else, or they don't. If they have something interesting to say, then everyone should have the chance to see it. If they don't or don't often enough to make it worth it to allow them to post, then just ban them, but this is a stupid compromise.

Here, I'll post stupid one line replies.

that was my thought.

after every post i like, hell, even ones i don't, i'll quote it, then say something like:

right on, bro!

word!

WAR (insert name here, in caps)!

i'll hit the next belt level sooner or later.

hahahahaha man I can't wait till I get rid of this noob belt and people in the world will respect me.

you are only an orange belt
why are you making this thread?
most white belts/low posts are people who train and dont post very often.
it is the people that have thousands and thousands of posts in a year or two that are the morons, trolls and keyboard warriors

The irony of TS's post is almost sickening, just like the people who make threads about how there are too many threads about a topic.

wow, just wow.

Bad idea, im a 'white belt' and i have a valid opinion. Most white belts are previous members trying to gain re-access to the site and or are just immature idiots. Dont judge all by the stupidity of a few people.

This. & BTW, just because you obtained an orange belt in two months doesn't make you cooler or more knowledgeable than anyone. It just means you have a lot of free time on your hands. ...and since your such an expert, maybe you're already aware that you posted this in the wrong forum and this thread will likely be wastelanded.

internet%20police.jpg

Get over yourself TS !

I like this idea but it should be White, Yellow, Orange, Blue and Green should only be allowed to see their own threads.

If only whitebelts talked to other white belts then they wouldn't know they're a dumb white belt.

If anything, it'd just fuck up the retardedness of sherdog more.

You don't get out much do you?

I don't care about belt color, it is more about join dates and the comments made. A 2009 blue or higher is just someone trying to waste bandwidth with increased keyboard wear and tear.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that if you die tomorrow, someone can print out your pretty orange belt and put it on your tombstone

lol ive never seen a thread where TS gets so much shit before :D hillarious

and yes, i agree with most ppl who posted in this thread, postcounts/belts doesnt say anything about your mma knowledge, thats why this is a bad idea.

If only whitebelts talked to other white belts then they wouldn't know they're a dumb white belt.

1000 posts in 1 month? Shut the fuck up. You were a whitebelt less than 30 days ago DOUCHE BAG!

Hi, I'm the outside world. Have we met?

I don't care about belt color, getting an avatar was nice, but that's where my interest stopped.

The problem with white belts is that anyone can get one in five minutes but they can substantially ruin the discourse on the site. Sexkitten was recent whitebelt, posted pictures of tits, and stirred up drama for a good day or so. There was some dude spamming tranny photos in all the threads, also a whitebelt. Other whitebelts are obviously accomplished trolls who turn every thead in which they post into a flamewar.

Also, banned users just simply reregister, and never learn a thing about why they were banned in the first place, because they don't need to.

You'd see none of this if whitebelts had to prove themselves before posting at large.

If you have a real life, and don't have time to post, this would *help* you, for you'd be out in a tenth of the time as usual. But then again, apparently some of smartest and funniest people you've ever met were whitebelts, so why would you want to leave.

Are people so insecure about the quality of their thoughts that they would oppose instituting a meritocracy? The criteria for good posting wouldn't be "PHD thesis" but rather, "show that your argument is plausible". You can be wrong and still have made good points.

WOW are you for real??? Didn't you have a white belt like.....last month. You have more post in 1 month than I've had in 2 years.....

did i mention your an idiot earlier!!! who ever felt like making this rediculous thread???

i don't care about belt color, getting an avatar was nice, but that's where my interest stopped.

The problem with white belts is that anyone can get one in five minutes but they can substantially ruin the discourse on the site. Sexkitten was recent whitebelt, posted pictures of tits, and stirred up drama for a good day or so. There was some dude spamming tranny photos in all the threads, also a whitebelt. Other whitebelts are obviously accomplished trolls who turn every thead in which they post into a flamewar.

Also, banned users just simply reregister, and never learn a thing about why they were banned in the first place, because they don't need to.

You'd see none of this if whitebelts had to prove themselves before posting at large.

If you have a real life, and don't have time to post, this would *help* you, for you'd be out in a tenth of the time as usual. But then again, apparently some of smartest and funniest people you've ever met were whitebelts, so why would you want to leave.

Are people so insecure about the quality of their thoughts that they would oppose instituting a meritocracy? The criteria for good posting wouldn't be "phd thesis" but rather, "show that your argument is plausible". You can be wrong and still have made good points.

i am a white belt who's been on here for two years! And i am still a white belt because i have to work 50 hrs week, pay my morgage,support wife and kids but mainly have a life and dont sit on my computer and post all day and think highly of myself because i am ahead of somebody in something that takes no skill just lots of free time. Which you aparently have tons of!!! There are white belts on here that have been here years longer than me and im ahead of them in posts and they are some of the majority of the people i feel are adults most the time and have great points!!! But because we have lives and cant post all day were lesser than you in the mma world??? Your a fuckin joke!!!

How about...white belts get KO'ed/banned when they mock a higher belt :D

this proposal isnt even possible within the forum software,
so you can forget it from the outset,

the closest thing they could do without creating a huge workload for the mods would be to create a sub forum in the HWs for new members, and that would be the only place where white belts could create threads, they can see and reply to threads everywhere else, but the only place they can create new threads is in the "white belt forum/new members forum"

if they want to troll on their, cool it doesnt mess with the other members and it gives the mods a chance to see who is a serious poster, while at the same time it still allows white belts to post their opinions on things

some forums use premod for new members posts and threads, but the activity on this forum doesnt really make that an option,

I have been viewing sherdog since 2004, set up an account january 2008 to make a post, then continued viewing. My 2nd post was a few months ago. I have made only one thread and it was a very good one that ended up making a good discussion. Post count doesnt mean anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back