PROPOSAL: Whitebelt threads and posts can only be seen by other whitebelts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can moderate posts, so lumping whitebelts together into a usergroup whose posts are moderated IS possible HOWEVER, to have 10 moderators sign off on each white belt post is madness. i dont think you realize exactly how many posters there are on this site.

That's my proposal, whitebelts can make threads and post, but only other whitebelts can see their posts.

In this scenario, whitebelts are free to make shitposts free of any thought or analysis, but they live in a shitocracy. Mods can view whitebelt threads and posts; if they think that a particular post showed some thought with substantial material, they can approve that post. 10 mod approvals means that the poster gets his yellow belt, and joins the forums at large.

A good poster could get his yellow belt in 10 posts, whereas idiots advocating unsupportable positions would be forever in whitebelt limbo.

It's undeniably net gain, goatse spammers would have to spend weeks posting thoughtful analysis to get banned in an hour, Kimbo supporters would actually have to advance arguments as to why he's GOAT, and Timmah fans would actually have to map out a plausible road for his redemption.

These potential whitebelt posters don't have to be Nostradamus, they just have to show the reasoning behind their thoughts. Just posting "Fedor by armbar" or "Brock wins" does nothing to add to the debate at hand and should not be encouraged.

Just ridiculous. Are white belts not allowed to contribute to discussion? Do I have to wait till a mod happens to see my post among hundreds of others so others can read what I have typed?
I've been coming to this site now for about 7 years (back when it was 'serving up fistfuls of MMA' and I have followed MMA since the early days. Yes I watched UFC 1 when it was fairly new out and seen more or less every one since. Also saw most of the Prides and Vale Tudo tounaments whilst they were going strong.
I'd say there is a fair chance of me knowing a damn sight more about MMA than TS.
However, I should not be able to post to anyone other than other white belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back