PROPOSAL: Whitebelt threads and posts can only be seen by other whitebelts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to have some sort of restriction, mainly to keep people from making multiple accounts/making accounts right after they are banned. But that could just be related to their IP's. As far as the white belt thing, who cares? The time you've spent on an internet forum = nothing.

Ummm, I have been here years before any of you losers...but because I don't post whore, I guess I lack MMA knowledge.
Get a life.

Exactley. WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT BELT YOU HAVE. Anyone who does care......YOU ARE A FUCKING LOSER.....end of thread

If you don't like a thread, ignore it or report it if it's a troll job. Let the mods do their job. There's plenty of white belts that don't make only 'shitty' posts. This belt system used on sherdog seems to give people superiority complexes or something.

100posts before you can start a thread, simple.

I will say this. Whitebelts do spew some retarded stuff that's for sure. But my main thing is if your a whitebelt and you make bold statements about this fighter is going to kick this fighter's ass then your lame. If you have no sig or avitar to lose than I don't want to hear from you. If I can't make you eat your words with a sig or avitar bet don't talk no mess.

1500+ posts since Mar 2009???? R u serious???

Wow... Sherdog, he's a pro...better watch out... lol

That's my proposal, whitebelts can make threads and post, but only other whitebelts can see their posts.

In this scenario, whitebelts are free to make shitposts free of any thought or analysis, but they live in a shitocracy. Mods can view whitebelt threads and posts; if they think that a particular post showed some thought with substantial material, they can approve that post. 10 mod approvals means that the poster gets his yellow belt, and joins the forums at large.

A good poster could get his yellow belt in 10 posts, whereas idiots advocating unsupportable positions would be forever in whitebelt limbo.

It's undeniably net gain, goatse spammers would have to spend weeks posting thoughtful analysis to get banned in an hour, Kimbo supporters would actually have to advance arguments as to why he's GOAT, and Timmah fans would actually have to map out a plausible road for his redemption.

These potential whitebelt posters don't have to be Nostradamus, they just have to show the reasoning behind their thoughts. Just posting "Fedor by armbar" or "Brock wins" does nothing to add to the debate at hand and should not be encouraged.

Honestly i see just as many if not more stupid threads started by non-white belts as i do by white belts. Post count does not = intelligence. It never will. How about when a non-white belt starts an idiotic thread or makes a few stupid posts we kick em down a notch till they tighten up their game.

1) I enjoy the fact that the TS has 2 months on the forum and is talking about 'whitebelts'. Just cause he spammed 500 posts in 60 days doesn't make you a sherdog alum.

2) Easiest rule: new reg's don't get 'new post' abilities for 30-90 days.

I think people should be limited to only posting 100 times a month so that way you would still be a white belt
And whoever thinks that the mods should read and judge every white belt thread/post should be the guy to do just that

dumb as hell thread, anyone can post what they want, who gives a damn what belt they are, people are dumb.

me wite belt. not no how 2 post cuz i read mor than i post. wish i wuz orange belt. then me smart.

yes good idea so us white belts can't see great threads like this one

The "white belt" comments from some people with big post counts make me laugh.

Take the TS for example. He believes that since April 2009, he has had around 300 WORTHWHILE things to say on this forum...

Sure..

Just because some people choose as and when to contribute does not invalidate their opinion or voice. Especialy as the overwhelming majority of posts and comments on this site are a waste of time to say the least.

It's pretty easy to clock up a multi thousand post count weighing in on every single "Fedor would destroy X" thread around here, but some of us have more restraint and time allocation skills.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sure there are retarded new white belts on here, but alot of the older members like to read, and don't need to give our opinion on every single thread, but only threads where we feel we have something to add to it.

If only whitebelts talked to other white belts then they wouldn't know they're a dumb white belt.

If anything, it'd just fuck up the retardedness of sherdog more.

Here, I'll post stupid one line replies.

To boost my post count so I can be someone.

I think you should be forced to read every whitebelt thread for making such a stupid fucking post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back