Pros & Cons of Eating from a Food Truck?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Never eaten from a food truck before even though there are 4 districts in my area where they serve customers.
A family member scared me with an assumption 5 years ago about health and sanitization issues with food trucks, which made me boycott them for quite some time.
Now I need sherdog "expert" opinions about this.

How often do you eat from food trucks?
What did you order?
Was it worth eating?
Would you recommend others to slightly dine there?
What didn't you like about the food at food trucks?
What would you change?

All the time. All types of food. Very popular in big cities.

If you see a big crowd around it that means its usually pretty good.

Look up yelp/social media reviews.

All trucks have to pass safety inspections like a regular restaurant.

Try one this weeekend.

They are probably tad better than this in terms of overall hygiene.

Food trucks are cool. Being in LA, food trucks have been around forever. We called them roach coaches back in the day, still do. Every Friday, there is a food truck gathering, where 50-60 food trucks line-up in a neighborhood not too far away from me. I don't go to it but I have done a few times.

Pros- Cheap and good food. There is anything you want. From Mexican, to American, i.e. fried chicken, burgers, grilled cheeses, Asian cuisine.

Cons- I like to eat at restaurants and take my time to eat. Unless I am on the go, food trucks don't do it for it.

It's cheap, easy and good

Its addicting

Once

Cant member

I think so

Nah

Cant remember but that suggests nothing.

The girl running it hit on me, I was rushed and the truck never appeared again. Oh well, another cutie lost.

Why are people concerned over hygiene? Flavour is #1 concern.
Bad hygiene places will only strengthen your immune system

Why are people concerned over hygiene? Flavour is #1 concern.
Bad hygiene places will only strengthen your immune system
I kind of agree as long it doesn't kill you. I once ate at this place in Thailand that resulted me in getting the constant runs for a week. Came out of the experience stronger.

I kind of agree as long it doesn't kill you. I once ate at this place in Thailand that resulted me in getting the constant runs for a week. Came out of the experience stronger.

Love the positive attitude.
You won that battle.

Love the positive attitude.
You won that battle.
There was a chinese restaurant in my area run by this really old couple. Place was really good and they would give me extra food. But it was a bit sketchy in terms of cleanliness. I could tell they don't properly wash their silverware and plates. One time after eating there I barfed all over the bathroom that night. Then I went there again a couple weeks later because I couldn't 100% sure. The place so good so I had to take the chance. I figured if I got sick again I would know for sure. Sure enough, I got sick again.

Didn't go back since and the place was closed down when I walked past it a couple years later.

There was a chinese restaurant in my area run by this really old couple. Place was really good and they would give me extra food. But it was a bit sketchy in terms of cleanliness. I could tell they don't properly wash their silverware and plates. One time after eating there I barfed all over the bathroom that night. Then I went there again a couple weeks later because I couldn't 100% sure. The place so good so I had to take the chance. I figured if I got sick again I would know for sure. Sure enough, I got sick again.

Didn't go back since and the place was closed down when I walked past it a couple years later.

The filth made it taste even better. I'm glad you survived.

I was at my favorite place in Brooklyn, it's the best Mexican food around. I know there's roaches and rats everywhere in NYC, and there's nothing you could do about it, but the one time I saw it at that spot it just ruined me....even though I know it's there.

I don't know why, but I had the Rocky theme song playing in my head after I read your story.
Not the Eye of the Tiger, but the other one JDS uses.

Mexican burrito trucks are fucking fire, espcially of those little bastards dont speak any english

Now the end results is some fire ass shits, but thats how you know its top quality. So its a pro or con depending how you look at it.

Last edited:
Usually pretty cheap, though not always. I had a $10 alligator taco last week. @Cubo de Sangre has some relatives who live pretty close to a whole bushel of food trucks on Oahu that have really good garlic shrimp and fish tacos for pretty cheap. Maybe steer clear of beef or chicken, but seafood is hard to fake, so probably pretty safe there. Nobody's twisting a goddamn cat hoof into the shape of a shrimp.

Last edited:
pro: you can eat whatever you like from whatever truck
con: you shit your pants from food not being stored properly/ handled

Eat. If you get deathly ill pooguts, don’t eat again.

Back