Pros vs cons

theres pros and cons to every technique i use to think boxing had to be done 1 way sadly a lot of coaches r like this

it all comes down to your style and what you are trying to do to pick what works for you for instance i dont like throwing hooks palm facing the ground

I will contest that right now

jab:
cons
-doesn't have much power compared to other strikes
-stiff jab is bad against leg kicks
-ARIZE does not approve of punches. Thus makes it 100% useless in combat sports

teep:
cons
-takedown city
-easier to read compared to other kicks, jab, setc
ud think so huh i love when guys throw teeps or body kicks of any kind or thigh kicks i drill all the time to blast the hips for a double off it but msot guys in ufc just jump back or try to parry it even khabib conor and lots of other guys lately have been throwing that front kick and nobody is snatching it up for some reason

[
I will contest that right now

jab:
cons
-doesn't have much power compared to other strikes
-stiff jab is bad against leg kicks
-ARIZE does not approve of punches. Thus makes it 100% useless in combat sports

teep:
cons
-takedown city
-easier to read compared to other kicks, jab, setc

i disagree.

if you jab the way JWP does, its alot of power

if you jab properly, for MT, you should still be light on that front foot, able to check leg kicks in time.

no takedowns in MT. For MMA yes it is a easy takedown

I dont think the teep is easy to read compared to a roundhouse.

Remember to Teep it Real Homies

e83397a6f9c48b7c5efacb5e872b7ddd.jpg

Philly Shell

Pros:
Can see everything clearly
Built in counters
almost impenetrable body defense

Cons:
Takes good sense of timing or else can get you knocked out
Weakness to overhand right on top of head

Do you agree if I add to the pros, that the front hand strikes come from an odd angle that make it a bit harder to read? And that it's harder to see if it's a jab, hook, or upper?
And on the cons, that when you throw a rear hand body hook, you are wide open from all angles?

PUNCHES

Pros
-No Pros.

Cons:
-You strike with one of the weakest part of your body... With the smallest bones, the most fragile: Your fingers.
-You need to wrap your knuckles not to hurt yourself.
-You need to wrap your wrist not to hurt yourself. (Godemit, How many ways there are to hurt your hand with this strike? It's ridiculous. You are supposed to hurt your opponent, not yourself)
-Most of combat sports require the use of gloves... Why would you strike with your fist with a pillow over it, instead of using unprotected parts like the shin, knee or elbow?
-While you punch, you don't protect your most important organ, your brain.
-Your legs have so much muscle mass than your arms. The kicks generate so much power than the punches.
-You need to be in close range.
-You don't look cool. Every bozo can punch. And that's the first strike every drunk douche will throw.
-And a dozen of other pros I wont bother explain cause they are so obvious...

Only uncoordinated people will say it's easier and faster to strike the head that way. This is the technique of lazy people, who don't want to put work in the gym.

Last edited:
Do you agree if I add to the pros, that the front hand strikes come from an odd angle that make it a bit harder to read? And that it's harder to see if it's a jab, hook, or upper?
And on the cons, that when you throw a rear body hook, you are wide open from all angles?

PUNCHES

Pros
-No Pros.

Cons:
-You strike with one of the weakest part of your body... With the smallest bones, the most fragile: Your fingers.
-You need to wrap your knuckles not to hurt yourself.
-You need to wrap your wrist not to hurt yourself. (Godemit, How many ways there are to hurt your hand with this strike? It's ridiculous. You are supposed to hurt your opponent, not yourself)
-Most of combat sports require the use of gloves... Why would you strike with your fist with a pillow over it, instead of using unprotected parts like the shin, knee or elbow?
-While you punch, you don't protect your most important organ, your brain.
-Your legs have so much muscle mass than your arms. The kicks generate so much power than the punches.
-You need to be in close range.
-You don't look cool. Every bozo can punch. And that's the first strike every drunk douche will throw.
-And a dozen of other pros I wont bother explain cause they are so obvious...

Only uncoordinated people will say it's easier and faster to strike the head that way. This is the technique of lazy people, who don't want to put work in the gym.

A real Muay Thai fight should be between 2 fighters with flesh hooks for hands to enable an interesting clinch game......

thought the title was pros vs cons( as con artists) which are plentiful in this subforum

Back