PS3 vs. PS4.

PS4 by a mile. Performance, graphics and framerate are way better. Games I've played have been well optimized and haven't seen any game breaking glitches yet like you used to get with Bethesda. Better controller as well.

PS3 had so many great games
PS4 aint got shit I like

PS2

i've only had like 3 games on the Ps4
and about 12 on the ps3

PS3.

Better games.

Better battery on the controller.

Ability to play your games off the disk.

PS3 has had better games. My favorite games on PS4 are remastered versions of PS3 games. Of course the technology of the PS4 is superior. And we haven't even seen it pushed to its limits yet...

PS3 has had better games. My favorite games on PS4 are remastered versions of PS3 games. Of course the technology of the PS4 is superior. And we haven't even seen it pushed to its limits yet...

Doesn't even make sense. Bloodborne, hzd, etc. outclass everything PS3 had to offer. People forget how glitchy the releases on the PS3 were as well because the way PS3 was designed seemed to be a serious challenge for cross platform programmers. So happy they went to a hardware model that is more standard.

PS4 is the better console.

PS3 had some awesome games though, ps4 is still somewhat new so we'll see.

Doesn't even make sense. Bloodborne, hzd, etc. outclass everything PS3 had to offer. People forget how glitchy the releases on the PS3 were as well because the way PS3 was designed seemed to be a serious challenge for cross platform programmers. So happy they went to a hardware model that is more standard.
Doesn't make sense to you maybe, but it makes sense to me. I still prefer the better PS3 games over those games. The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto 5, Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3, etc. PS3 has a better library by far. We'll see what gets released on PS4. Is Grand Theft Auto 6 current gen or next gen? Is The Last of Us Part II as good as the first one, let alone better? Same thing with Red Dead Redemption 2. Remains to be seen...

This thread would be better if you framed the matchup more sensibly. The PS4 is unquestionably the superior piece of hardware, and the PS3 unquestionably has the superior overall library. Better would be to pit the PS4 library vs. the PS3 library at the same point in its lifespan. So:

Current PS4 Library vs. PS3 library through February, 2011.

Doesn't make sense to you maybe, but it makes sense to me. I still prefer the better PS3 games over those games. The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto 5, Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3, etc. PS3 has a better library by far. We'll see what gets released on PS4. Is Grand Theft Auto 6 current gen or next gen? Is The Last of Us Part II as good as the first one, let alone better? Same thing with Red Dead Redemption 2. Remains to be seen...

Eh your selection of games doesn't rate too well with me so I see the problem. Really your complaint could be listed as a lack of follow ups. The actual games made from my perspective have been amazing and even not using up all the resources have been an impressive step forward for console gaming.

Eh your selection of games doesn't rate too well with me so I see the problem. Really your complaint could be listed as a lack of follow ups. The actual games made from my perspective have been amazing and even not using up all the resources have been an impressive step forward for console gaming.
I feel the same way about your games. You're right about follow ups. I'm looking forward to the announced and unannounced sequels to those games. I think most people would agree with me that the PS3 has a superior library while the PS4 is a superior hardware console. Feel free to disagree. And we will ultimately see where the PS4's library ends up...

I don't have a new console(PC Master Race checking in), but only one of the games you posted is a PS3 exclusive... So the point you're trying to make isn't really being made.

That being said, I love my PS3.

Lmao you listed two games. One of which is basically a sequel to the three Dark Souls games on the ps3. Fail.

PS3... But the PS4 is catching up.
The PS3 really surpassed the 360 especially towards the end of it's life cycle.
An example being exclusive Japanese developed RPGs.

I don't have a new console(PC Master Race checking in), but only one of the games you posted is a PS3 exclusive... So the point you're trying to make isn't really being made.

That being said, I love my PS3.
The discussion we were having was PS3 vs PS4. Exclusives wasn't necessary to the discussion and I never said they were exclusive.

Back