PS3 vs. PS4.

PS4 is obviously more powerful, and plays the latest games.

Overall though, PS3 will be remembered more fondly, as it was a major player in one of the greatest console generations of all time. I don't know where the PS4 will land in that debate over time, but so far all signs point to middle of the road. It's kind of a awkward transition period in gaming going on right now, and I think when all is said and done, the PS4 will be mere footnote in the history books.

10 years from now, what do you think the greatest games and milestones in gaming will come from this generation? I can't think of many.

I just took the time and the money to fix my ps3 over buying a ps4.

Ive not seen anything to entice me to buy a ps4. The graphics, the sound, all that shit hardly looks different to me. An NES game vs a SNES game vs a N64 game all look worlds different to the point ya just HAD to get a newer system. Now theres talk about...frame rate? I dont give a shit about that. Just give me a fun game.

And PS3 has em. If PS4 has em, i dont even know.

Fun Fact, ive never played Red Dead Redemption. Only because i have a hard time aiming guns with analog. Give me a mouse...

I just took the time and the money to fix my ps3 over buying a ps4.

Ive not seen anything to entice me to buy a ps4. The graphics, the sound, all that shit hardly looks different to me. An NES game vs a SNES game vs a N64 game all look worlds different to the point ya just HAD to get a newer system. Now theres talk about...frame rate? I dont give a shit about that. Just give me a fun game.

And PS3 has em. If PS4 has em, i dont even know.

Fun Fact, ive never played Red Dead Redemption. Only because i have a hard time aiming guns with analog. Give me a mouse...
I think the amount of seventh gen remasters is quite telling. The games were incredible and advanced enough to where they can be polished and presented with the current gen games. We didn't see this with the 6th gen games, at least not nearly to the same extent.

Right now library wise I give the edge to the PS3. GTA IV, GTA V, The Last of Us, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect Trilogy, Uncharted Series, COD Modern Warfare 1, Saints Row, Batman Arkham Series, etc. are all game series I've spent an unhealthy amount of hours on.

Outside of The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, I feel like most of the games I've enjoyed this gen are remasters.

I like the PS3's video player interface better, but PS4 might play a few more video formats or ones PS3 doesn't.

I like the PS3's video player interface better, but PS4 might play a few more video formats or ones PS3 doesn't.
Could be. I also think PS4 no longer plays audio CD's and some other formats as well. I guess it goes both ways.

Lmao you listed two games. One of which is basically a sequel to the three Dark Souls games on the ps3. Fail.

I was busy at the time. Furthermore the person listed games re-released for PS4 with better graphics and performance which invalidates most of their argument. I would also list games like nioh, monster hunter world, toukiden 2, and more as well. Literally most of the games the other guy listed are obviously better on PS4 due to better graphics and performance. Almost all the best PS3 games were immediately released for 4.

PS3 has had better games. My favorite games on PS4 are remastered versions of PS3 games. Of course the technology of the PS4 is superior. And we haven't even seen it pushed to its limits yet...

Doesn't make sense to you maybe, but it makes sense to me. I still prefer the better PS3 games over those games. The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto 5, Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3, etc. PS3 has a better library by far. We'll see what gets released on PS4. Is Grand Theft Auto 6 current gen or next gen? Is The Last of Us Part II as good as the first one, let alone better? Same thing with Red Dead Redemption 2. Remains to be seen...

I feel the same way about your games. You're right about follow ups. I'm looking forward to the announced and unannounced sequels to those games. I think most people would agree with me that the PS3 has a superior library while the PS4 is a superior hardware console. Feel free to disagree. And we will ultimately see where the PS4's library ends up...
Pardon me, what was that?
You're really only talking about games.

Of course the PS3 has a more solid library, it was around for 10 years while PS4 is in it's 4th or so. And of course the PS4 has better hardware, it's a newer console and has an x86 architecture.

What even is this discussion, again?

I think the amount of seventh gen remasters is quite telling. The games were incredible and advanced enough to where they can be polished and presented with the current gen games. We didn't see this with the 6th gen games, at least not nearly to the same extent.

The remasters are not night n day different. Id say, polished.

Shit, anyone remeber Super Mario All stars for the snes? It was a rehash of all 3 SMB games and they were majorly different.

Hell, ps3 games dont dazzle my eye a lot more than the ps2 games. I think the miniscule details, tho vast and plentiful, are too tiny to appreciate wholey.

I was busy at the time. Furthermore the person listed games re-released for PS4 with better graphics and performance which invalidates most of their argument. I would also list games like nioh, monster hunter world, toukiden 2, and more as well. Literally most of the games the other guy listed are obviously better on PS4 due to better graphics and performance. Almost all the best PS3 games were immediately released for 4.

More like the best PS4 games are rereleased PS3 games. That's not a good argument.

The remasters are not night n day different. Id say, polished.

Shit, anyone remeber Super Mario All stars for the snes? It was a rehash of all 3 SMB games and they were majorly different.

Hell, ps3 games dont dazzle my eye a lot more than the ps2 games. I think the miniscule details, tho vast and plentiful, are too tiny to appreciate wholey.
The difference between earlier PS3 games and later PS3 games is pretty astounding. I got the PS3 originally for GTA IV. BIG difference between that and GTA V. Heavy Rain was probably the 1st game with really standout graphics that was nowhere near what was capable on PS2. Not necessarily saying it was a great game, but it pushed the ante. Then there were other games like L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, the aforementioned GTA V, The Last of Us, etc.

The only thing that makes the PS3 a "better" console is that online gaming was free. No PS+ necessary.
PS4 is empirically a better console: better being determined by hardware. Bigger, stronger, faster, so to speak.

You may enjoy the PS3 more, but that doesn't make it better. It is simply not as powerful and doesn't have nearly the same amount of features as the PS4 provides, library and online gaming capabilities aside.
Libraries develop over time, so of course the PS3 has a deeper library of games. That's a big "duh," and I really don't see how there can be a discussion on the matter. 10 years of games versus 4 years of games. Silly argument to try and make.

PS4 by mile. There are so many good exclusives for PS4 and more on the way!

Thread does have a misleading title.

Still, Buyers Bias exists here too.

More like the best PS4 games are rereleased PS3 games. That's not a good argument.

The best PS4 games are bloodborne and hzd which were generation defining games. If you don't like the play style that's fine but let's not pretend they didn't advance gaming on the console.

PS3 was my 2nd least favourite PS iteration (behind only the PSP). I quickly went to the Xbox 360(which had quite a few problems itself) for nearly all of my gaming. My PS3 basically became an expensive movie player that I occasionally used to play the really good exclusives.

The PS4, on the other hand, is one of my favourite consoles to come out in a long time and I haven't even been slightly tempted to buy an XboxOne. Granted, there haven't been any big Xbox exclusives, that I care about(DGAF about Halo), come out yet.

The PS3 could play PS1 games, so i'll have to give it the advantage.

I like both though.

Back