PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X

SheetsMMAfan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After swearing off consoles 4 years ago and building a VERY nice gaming PC, the time has come....

Gonna end up buying a console for this Red Dead Redemption 2, and I am trying to weight the Pros and Cons of the Xbox One X vs the PS4 Pro.

I have been out of the console scene for quite awhile and I am not really brand loyal, so it probably boils down to the Pros and Cons of the monthly services as well. Would also like general user feedback on whichever system you do own out of the two, or both if you have both.

Any help guys?

Edit (Decision) - Thanks for all the input fellas. Gonna head to the local mom and pops and pickup a PS4 PRO and the new Spidey game to hold me over until RDR2.

Edit 2: Bought a used PS4 Pro God of War Edition (just console and controller) from Gamestop for $375. Felt I got a steal, because you can't touch the limited edition PS4's (Spiderman, GoW, Star Wars, etc), even used for cheap from people online.

Got the console Thursday afternoon, bought Spiderman with it, and I binged it while my wife worked this weekend. 9 Hours Thursday, 5 Friday, 12 Saturday, 14 Sunday. 100% trophies. I was suppose to make the damn game last until Red Dead 2.... Fuck me.....

Last edited:
If you have a good gaming PC then you have access to most Xbox exclusives on the Microsoft Store already so just get a PS4 imo.

PC + xbox makes no sense imo, same games

if you're not interested in the switch, ps4 is the way to go

PS4 exclusives offer way more than Xbox One exclusives, and since you have a gaming rig you can probably play most of them on the PC already.

Once you done with RDR2 you can catch up on some great exclusives like God of War, Spiderman, Bloodborne, the Uncharted games, The Last of Us, etc. Then you'll still have access to big upcoming exclusives like TLoU2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Days Gone, and Death Stranding.

at this time and likely for the remainder of this gen, the PS4 has the larger community, has more exclusives, are is the lead dev system for muliplat titles. PS4 way to go.

I am happy with my PS4 pro for exclusives alone. I love the 4k in some games, too. However, not all games are in 4k, or get a performance boost with 4k, it is more reliable on the Xbox One X.

God of War + Last of Us + Uncharted >>> any games the Xbox One has to offer

I have all 3, kind of agree with some of the sentiment in here though, go for PS4 Pro, nad get a dongle and an Xbox One pad for the console games you want to play on Xbox Live.

If you didnt have the gaming PC, it would be a much harder decision as the PS4 pad sucks testicles in comparison to the Xbox.

Bro…

PS4 Pro

Or dubs.

If you have a good gaming PC then you have access to most Xbox exclusives on the Microsoft Store already so just get a PS4 imo.
Yup, no reason to get an Xbox if you have a good PC.

Not true only certain games are playable on pc alone, a lot need to connect to an Xbox with game running in the Xbox to play.

It’s utter bs.

In the same situation. Going with the pro for Red Dead and the exclusives.

Even ignoring that some games can be played on the PC as well as Xbox, its exclusives aren't as good as the PS4's.

I'll probably buy a PS5 if the rumors about patents suggesting backwards compatibility for PS1 to PS4 are accurate.

PS4 Pro. Leading platform for multi games (such as RDR2) and better exclusives (especially since you have a gaming PC).

Depends on what you want. Do you like PS4 exclusives, do you want the more powerful system in the X1X to run games at 4K?

Thanks for all the input fellas. Gonna head to the local mom and pops and pickup a PS4 PRO and the new Spidey game to hold me over until RDR2.

Not true only certain games are playable on pc alone, a lot need to connect to an Xbox with game running in the Xbox to play.

It’s utter bs.

how many? like 3? he said "most" are available on pc which is correct. and all upcoming exclusives will be on windows 10 aswell afaik.

how many? like 3? he said "most" are available on pc which is correct. and all upcoming exclusives will be on windows 10 aswell afaik.
Most of the games I own are not playable on pc alone without the game loaded in the Xbox and running connected to my pc.

I know I’ve tried.

Now with the new games coming out it’s possible more will be playable going forward but that’s not what it is today, no matter what their advertising wants to say, it just isn’t that way.

Most of the games I own are not playable on pc alone without the game loaded in the Xbox and running connected to my pc.

I know I’ve tried.

Now with the new games coming out it’s possible more will be playable going forward but that’s not what it is today, no matter what their advertising wants to say, it just isn’t that way.
You’re talking about 3rd party games then? What 1st party Xbox games are you not able to play on PC?

After playing on my new pc I cant go back to laggy slow ass consoles

Back