PS5.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
When do you think the Playstation 5 will come out? Maybe next year?

History would suggest 2021. It was 7 years between PS3 (2006) and PS4 (2013), 6 years between PS2 (2000) and PS3, and 5 years between PS2 and PSOne (1995).

money is on 2020. And GTA 5 will be re-released on it and sell an other quadrillon copies.

History would suggest 2021. It was 7 years between PS3 (2006) and PS4 (2013), 6 years between PS2 (2000) and PS3, and 5 years between PS2 and PSOne (1995).

An astute observation with an appropriate response. concur!

I'm guessing by Christmas 2020. Sony has been sending out surveys asking people what features gamers would like in a new console.

Let them add 5ghz wifi support for the ps5, bitches couldn't give the ps4 that basic feature.

Also whichever year the ps5 releases wait for a year at least to buy it. The library will be sparse initially and the 1st gen versions usually have issues.

Also whichever year the ps5 releases wait for a year at least to buy it. The library will be sparse initially and the 1st gen versions usually have issues.

1st gen usually have issues? Really the only issue I've heard of from a console is the xbox 360 RROD. Other than that getting a console right away has never been an issue. Other than the random hardware issues here and there which are unavoidable regardless of when you buy your console.

Just got mine a month ago, currently playing Dark Souls 4.

When do you think the Playstation 5 will come out? Maybe next year?

Development has supposedly slowed down recently on it, but depending on the production of AMD's Navi GPU (which seems to be the frontrunner for it) goes your probably looking at late next year or will be the year after.

Every new numbered PS console release will take longer than the previous one because games already look realistic, so new technology that makes enough visual and overall hardware difference for a good sales pitch takes years from now. Releases like PS Pro mean it'll take longer. How long those advancements take is tough to gauge.

The PS4 Pro can do 4k at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps so I don't really see the need for the next generation yet. Also, the library for PS4 is nowhere near the PS3's yet so hopefully no new console for a while.

Unless they make it backwards compatible with PS4. Then maybe the library wouldn't be an issue.

2021. The Last of Us Part II remastered and Grand Theft Auto 6 will sort of get it started.

money is on 2020. And GTA 5 will be re-released on it and sell an other quadrillon copies.
Maybe, but how long can they go without a new GTA? Can they really get away with remastering that shit again? My prediction is that in 2020 is when The Last of Us Part II comes out. 2021 is when the PS5 drops. They remaster The Last of Us Part II and then GTA 6 comes out to entice everybody to switch to PS5.

It's right out of the Sony playbook. They dropped GTA IV in 2008 which is when a lot of people switched to PS3. And then in 2013 they released TLOU and GTA V, and then remastered them a year later. Okay technically Rockstar isn't a Sony entity, but they've done exclusives only with Sony and are closer to Sony than Microsoft.

Let them add 5ghz wifi support for the ps5, bitches couldn't give the ps4 that basic feature.

Can you use a dongle on the PS4?

1st gen usually have issues? Really the only issue I've heard of from a console is the xbox 360 RROD. Other than that getting a console right away has never been an issue. Other than the random hardware issues here and there which are unavoidable regardless of when you buy your console.

The fat PS2's had problems with the laser getting out of alignment and causing disc read errors.

Maybe, but how long can they go without a new GTA? Can they really get away with remastering that shit again? My prediction is that in 2020 is when The Last of Us Part II comes out. 2021 is when the PS5 drops. They remaster The Last of Us Part II and then GTA 6 comes out to entice everybody to switch to PS5.

It's right out of the Sony playbook. They dropped GTA IV in 2008 which is when a lot of people switched to PS3. And then in 2013 they released TLOU and GTA V, and then remastered them a year later. Okay technically Rockstar isn't a Sony entity, but they've done exclusives only with Sony and are closer to Sony than Microsoft.
2022 is the rumor for gta

Back