PSA: PED does indeed have an effect on technique too.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.

Anyone who disagrees with this is simply clueless

Jon Jones didnt even train, he beat Cormier after a weekend of cocaine. God's gift, all he had to do was show up

Yup

PEDs allow for more training time and faster recovery

More training time and faster recovery allow for time to refine technique

If they didn't have a benefit, then why would dudes risk everything to take them?

Anyone down-playing that is transparent. Their fave fighter has been exposed as a CHEATER, period.

Seriously, this should be so goddamn obvioudsto anyone with a single clue. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills arguing with the retards who have argued with me about this obvious reality

Of course. Vitor's kicking game looked amazing.

Jon Jones didnt even train, he beat Cormier after a weekend of cocaine. God's gift, all he had to do was show up

And yet TWICE, he was busted for PEDs when facing Cormier. And a THIRD time (in the first DC fight) had HIGHLY suspicious T / E ratios.

Yeah, he really has the edge there.....Except that HE didn't believe so, hence the need to continuously juice up.

lmao

People are stupid Bro. Steroids are a massive benefit, it's why people take them.

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.

I’ve been saying this for years. It makes you more confident and No brain fog. Your mind is 3 times sharper.

Good post TS this stupid steroid apologetic needs to die. Steroids DO increase skill indirectly and HGH has been shown in scientific studies to directly increase hand eye coordination. That's why baseball players ran wild with it.

I’ve been saying this for years. It makes you more confident and No brain fog. Your mind is 3 times sharper.

I wonder how much confidence PEDs give to those guys who own everyone in the gym but can't fight under pressure. I wonder if their inhibitions are gone or greatly reduced once they are all juiced up and are actually able to fight like they do in the gym.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.
tenor.gif

Example:

Going back a couple years, that's why Brock roided up to fight Mark Hunt. we all know Brock without roids would've gassed after a few minutes with all that mass and got KO'd by Hunt. Do I like USADA? honestly, no I don't, but I am glad something is finally being done about these cheats in this great sport. It's kinda sad seeing all these guys like Overeem, JDS, Pig Rigg, Vitor, etc. who just aren't the same anymore without the juice...

Last edited:
DC is yet to actually fight a "clean" Jones so its hard to tell but 1 of the "wins" Jones has over DC is deemed a NC under USADA due to multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole which unfortunately makes all his MMA accomplishments null and void.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Boasting about the PED usage on twitter does not help either.

DC very well could be 2-0 over a "clean" Jones in this USADA era.

If anything since DC beat Miocic, Jones needed the PEDs to fight DC and could never beat DC without the PEDs to the point he was willing to risk his MMA career for the PEDs.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.

jonesCollage.jpg

Bas Rutten kind of paraphrased this by saying Steroids are for Pussies, some guys rely on the mental benefit for sure.

DC is yet to actually fight a "clean" Jones so its hard to tell but 1 of the "wins" Jones has over DC is deemed a NC under USADA due to multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole which unfortunately makes all his MMA accomplishments null and void.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Boasting about the PED usage on twitter does not help either.

DC very well could be 2-0 over a "clean" Jones in this USADA era.

If anything since DC beat Miocic, Jones needed the PEDs to fight DC and could never beat DC without the PEDs to the point he was willing to risk his MMA career for the PEDs.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.

jonesCollage.jpg
You don't need to be invested in another man, I just want to see him destroy fools in the octagon

Back