PSA: PED does indeed have an effect on technique too.

First of all you will doing anabolic steroids changes everything,
an average fighter can become a complete killer

Even if you get caught doing anabolic steroids,
You can blame it on contaminated protein shakes or whetever,
and people will stil call you GOAT anyway (Jones, A. Silva)

Or you will get an immediately title shot, even tho you are banned.
Because you have big muscle, its all good <Moves>

Everyone should use it. Risk vs reward, simple.

why do you think mlb guys do it. robinson cano signed for 200 million and he only losing 5 million during his suspentuion.

arod made almost 750 million and gave up 25 million being suspended.

#winning.

Coming from a competitive athlete since the age of 3, regardless if you're serious about MMA or table tennis, if you're competing clean you're shooting yourself in the foot. Idgaf what all these "cheater!" anti PED posters who never did anything competitively a day in their life says.

You dont give up everything in your life with a tiny window for millions of dollars and fame that could last several life times to compete as a clean athlete and get your shit pushed in by some dude not even remotely on your level but since hes cycling and you're not, youre fucked and looked over in an instant.

"Integrity" dont mean shit when the stakes are that high for any serious athlete. Integrity isnt going to pay your bills or feed your family when you gave up everything to compete and youre cut because you cant hang and refuse to do what 9 out of 10 serious athletes do.
I agree 1000%

One of my biggest regrets is NOT using steroids during my competitive athletic career.

I was an All-American lacrosse player in high school and wound up getting a 1/2 scholarship to college.

I was on the bubble of the upper echelon of lacrosse. I played on all star teams with guys who went pro & won college & NLL (pro lax) national championships.

After my athletics career was over I did a cycle and put on 20+ pounds of pure lean muscle and I got significantly faster and had endless cardio. I am on TRT now and at 39 I run 4 miles a day and look almost as good as I did in college.
Steroids are fucking awesome.

Even with the half scholarship I am still paying off my student loans...$100 bottle of testosterone cypionate would have saved me about $40,000.

100% true

Petty sure these Anti-PED posters are coping with the fact that they are fat and unathletic. They think PEDs are a silver bullet to turn you into Yoel Romero, when in reality they are just part of a long career of hard work
Juice-head confirmed

100% true

Petty sure these Anti-PED posters are coping with the fact that they are fat and unathletic. They think PEDs are a silver bullet to turn you into Yoel Romero, when in reality they are just part of a long career of hard work

Romero would be average at the gym where I lift.

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.
Took PEDs for SATs. Got 1700 son!

Sorry man but it isn't that simple. If it were, anyone could be a Ufc champ. Roids help, but it is far from the end game. Honestly. If everyone roided, someone would still be at the top. I am not advocating for roid usage at all. But a guy like Silva has a shit ton of talent to go with it.
No no no, if Erick Silva took PEDs he would become Anderson Silva.

PEDs make you a better human in every way ... that is why people do them.

7EB65FC5-B966-4B2C-90C4-5295C2D6B7F6.jpeg
Jon Jones didnt even train, he beat Cormier after a weekend of cocaine. God's gift, all he had to do was show up

Pretty sure thats what jones looks like when he doesnt train, if you think a ripped jones at the weigh in and fight doesnt train then I want what you're smoking

One of the dumbest arguments on Sherdog (and trust me, you idiots make many) is that steroids has no effect on technique.

Example:
"Roids didn't make Cormier susceptible to head kicks".

At the most fundamental level, steroids help someone recover more quickly. This means that they are able to train more, which adds to their rep counts. The more reps they have, the better their technique gets.

But improved physical performance from steroids also have an effect on technique during fights too. Your stamina in a fight has a direct effect on the execution of technique. The more tired you are, the worst your technique gets. The more tired you get, the less you are able to concentrate on your opponent's technique.

If a person has more stamina during a fight because of steroids, they are able to do a perfect kick maybe 30 times as opposed to 10 times. They are able to dodge 30 punches as opposed to 10 punches.

If Jon Jones didn't have the stamina, that kick might not have landed. He might not even have had the energy to throw a kick at that point. He might have been to tired to dodge one of Cormier's punches. PED has huge implications. This is just 1 example of many.

Don't you idiots ever make the argument about how PED has no effect on someone's technique again.

Of course. They help on many levels. Only idiots can say that Clean Jon would beat Daniel. Just watch Jon's fight with Ovince.

I think steroids also give a serious mental benefit. Look at the way Reem used to just walk people down.. and I know his chin is shot, but it makes fighters feel invincible.
I think this is huge. Confidence plays a huge part in a fight.

Of course. They help on many levels. Only idiots can say that Clean Jon would beat Daniel. Just watch Jon's fight with Ovince.
You're right. But it's also naive to thing that a clean Cormier lost to a dirty Jones.

My mates cardio (soccer) was like day and night. No idea what he took, but his cardio was even better than mine.

PEDs dont work the same for everyone and not everyone can afford the best .. fucken cheaters.

Back