PUBG becomes 1st game in history to break 3 million concurrent users on Steam

i have 7,000+ bp points...i think ill go for the good 10k mark

That's pretty insane. I remember playing it at San Diego comic con back in 2016 and thinking "this won't go anywhere". Shows how much I know.

I ended buying it and returning it because it felt like a camp fest. It had incredible tension, though. It felt like much of the excitement was when something wasn't happening. I'll probably still pick it up again but I was hoping for a little more variety.

When the last couple of circles are coming in, and you're running through a field knowing at any moments shots are going to start raining in on you, it's basically a horror game. I'd say a lot of amateur players like to camp, but they usually die. The game is about planning ahead and constant intelligent movement.

i have 7,000+ bp points...i think ill go for the good 10k mark

You don't bother with the crates?

It's all superficial anyway... which I like.

Plus most people won't see them anyways

Well, it's official. PUBG reached a peak concurrent user total of 1,338,091 gamers today.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
*Edit* Just realized I missed Saturday. It hit 1,349,413 users, so the record fell yesterday while I was away.

It is the new king of Steam. All hail the king.

Last edited:
What's sad/crazy is this game is still in alpha. Tons of bugs, ui is sluggish, player movement is sluggish, network is sluggish, etc.

My mind is boggled that this game has grown to this size considering h1z1 never got close yet that game isn't much different/inferior.

Hell, you don't even get to see who's in your game... unless you're paying attention to the kill notifications.

Maybe there is a way to see who's in your game and I just don't know.

How do viewers know when they are in a twitch streamers game and troll them?

I heard they do it, I just don't know how they know.
Kill feed, map location, number of players remaining, and game type.

Fuck a lot of these streamers though. They're good entertainers but typically bad at the game and constantly bitch about being "stream sniped." People are being banned for the mere allegation of sniping a stream.

Just change the kill feed to show only true names for teammates while masking all others.

This game looks so buggy but so friggen fun, love watching funny clips of people playing on fb when it comes up.

Great idea lmao, watched a dude invade a party and he grenades them all.

Sucks ps4 won't get

What's sad/crazy is this game is still in alpha. Tons of bugs, ui is sluggish, player movement is sluggish, network is sluggish, etc.

My mind is boggled that this game has grown to this size considering h1z1 never got close yet that game isn't much different/inferior.

I haven't seen too many bugs so far, not that many more than other online shooters.

I think the movement only feels sluggish when compared to other games. Other shooters are fast paced on purpose to encourage run and gun tactics. I could be wrong, but it feels like the game is going for a most realistic feel.

After playing for awhile, I've gotten used to it and it feels fine.

However, you're right. There seems lot's of room for improvement and they seem to be working hard at it.

The UI is definitely designed for a mouse. The inventory management is going to need a serious over-all before they port the game to the console. As it is, it take forever to loot and swap items for a player you just killed with a controller.

Gonna have to get this once I get sick of Destiny 2 as it looks like a lot of fun. Any word if this is going to be crossplay between PC and Xbox? How long do matches typically last? Once you're dead, are you stuck watching (actually, watching as a spectator until the last one seems kind of fun)?

I dislike exclusives that aren't first party titles but man, fuck Sony this generation. They're the reason I can't do crossplay or cross platform characters in Destiny 2. Good get for Microsoft.

Gonna have to get this once I get sick of Destiny 2 as it looks like a lot of fun. Any word if this is going to be crossplay between PC and Xbox? How long do matches typically last? Once you're dead, are you stuck watching (actually, watching as a spectator until the last one seems kind of fun)?

I dislike exclusives that aren't first party titles but man, fuck Sony this generation. They're the reason I can't do crossplay or cross platform characters in Destiny 2. Good get for Microsoft.

Ms and Sony both do this. MS wouldn't do cross play with FF14 which is why it was never released for the Xbox.

is this game worth it?, is it fun or does it drags and gets gay fast like playing LoL

You can leave the match and go find a new one as soon as you're dead if you're playing solo. If you're in duo or groups you stay and watch your teammate(s).

is this game worth it?

Its the high school sweethearts bastard child of H1Z1 King of the Kill and ARMA. Who's developer are the overcompensating grandparents of new weapon additions to mask their flaws.

If youre a casual gamer you'd enjoy it.

is this game worth it?, is it fun or does it drags and gets gay fast like playing LoL

It's only $30.

I know I'm digging a game when I want to play it when I'm at work and I'm trying to put the kids to bed early

Its the high school sweethearts bastard child of H1Z1 King of the Kill and ARMA. Who's developer are the overcompensating grandparents of new weapon additions to mask their flaws.

If youre a casual gamer you'd enjoy it.
Jesus, you're such a whore for Valve. I don't understand what is gained by this. You lost (in spectacular fashion) the debate about Overwatch being a viable eSport with staying power to yours truly. You didn't believe in this game from the start, IIRC, either. At some point you'd think you'd stop beating dead horses to avoid these embarrassments. No need to be a debbie downer just because this franchise is yet another that experiences success outside your beloved Counterstrike.

Maybe, just maybe, people don't care. They like it.

It's possible because I see more and more chatter about this in the press, lately, for all games, as it seems that some in the industry think it is the future of gaming, but again, if I had to guess, I would guess a hard "no" for the same, classic reason: PC servers will host Keyboard + Mouse input players, and Console will host Controller input players.

C'mon, you need to stop with this.
There is no reason why these games can't be fun games with little to none esport success.
With what did you start, Rocket League?
There is a reason why top 3 have been there for years, and others fall behind less than 50% views of 3rd place.
Eventually you will be right, but keep it realistic until one of titles gets serious esport viewing numbers.
Or at least try to make a point why in your opinion PUBG will be a big esport success, and not just a casual streamer success.
No. This is what fails about your argument; if streamer share is the metric, then even less popular (i.e. 4th and lower) place games that dominate eSports in other genres (i.e. fighting) with even higher eSport view-shares aren't "eSports". Of course that's absurd. Fighting games were the original arcade eSport. Conversely, to disregard those with a wider appeal is merely to punish them for that appeal, and to disregard their viewership and competition on an absolute scale-- not to mention all those tournaments-- as "success". Also absurd. It's tantamount to an argument that Soccer isn't a sport in the USA because Football/Basketball/Baseball gobble up all the market viewing and playing shares. It's untenable and illogical.

You need to stop regurgitating this nonsense. Take a moment to ruminate on the philosophy of it.

hqdefault.jpg

PXdX78v

Concession accepted.

Seriously, WTF is your point?

You responded to post by Madmick where he was getting on KanesDeath's snarky comment trying to belittle PUBG as a "bastard child", for some reason insulting the developers and finally taking a dig at the type of gamers who would probably like the game. Obviously, KanesDeath doesn't share the enthusiasm for the game, despite the fact it just broke Steam's record for most online players at one time. Which is a significant event in the 15+ years of Steam's existence, especially since DOTA2 is a free to play game.

Then you jump in about some nonsense that it can't be an E-Sport or won't be a popular E-Sport... what?

First, what does that have to do with anything?

Two, are you fucking crazy? If the game continues it's current trajectory of increasing popularity, the developers would be fucking crazy not to try to break in the E-Sport arena, because that would only serve to give the game even more legs. Will it work? Who knows... this whole phenomena has exploded so quickly, it may fade just as quickly.

It's all about money. It the potential is there, someone will find a way to make it, someway/somehow.

Back