punched in the ear, after the ringing subsided i can barely hear out of it.

that happened to me after my last fight... it took about a month to heal properly, it's annoying as hell lol

Yea i know how u feel...It fckin sucks dude, it will get better.

Necro bump lol.

I was searching online because I just had an amateur Muay Thai fight Saturday and 3rd round, got clocked pretty good in the ear/side of the head....hands were down a bit from exhaustion.

Head was ringing badly and with 30 seconds left, fight waved off...which sucks, I think if I went to Decision I may have pulled it out but I didn't want to risk anything further....first time this has happened and I'm known for being able to take a good shot.

Whats weird is, I immediately tried to blow out my ear on Sunday (day after) and it seems like I could blow air out, but then today, its still blocked feeling but when I try to blow my ears out, nothing happens...

Anyways, need to stop speculating and get it checked out

I burst my eardrum after taking a hard hit, pinch your nose shut and try and blow out. If air comes out of your ear, you've punctured it. It heals by itself though, over a few weeks, not much you can do to treat it.

faaacckkk....

i just did this test for shits and giggles and air is coming out of my right ear... shiat... i usually get pains in my right ear every once in a while... gonna have to goto the doc to get this checked out ASAP...

has this happened alot to you guys? and would headgear prevent it?

Happened to me once, now I never spar without head gear. Since then, ive taken shots to the head and never had an issue. Maybe im a pussy but it always amazes me when people train without headgear, I know it gets hot and its not always comfortable but its better than what happened to the OP....

Anyone ever get this problem? I was punched in the ear yesterday and after the ringing went away it still feels clogged and I cant hear out of it well. My instructor says it will go away, just seeing if anyone else has had this issue.
Hey this happened to me this past weekend. I can still hear out of it but my ear feels clogged. What happened with your ear? Did it heal? How long did it take? thank you!

Back