Pure QB standpoint: Rather have Winston or Mariota?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Same draft. Few years have gone by. Who would you rather have?

Said it then, both of these dudes are cans and I wouldn’t have wasted a top pick on either

Mariotta came from a gimmicky spread offense than any decent college QB can look good in (someone’s open on every play) and Winston’s got some major character issues/turns it over way too much

If you put Mariota's head on Winston's body you would have a great QB.

I’d take Ryan Leaf over both those cans.

Mariota because I feel Winston going to go on Kellen Winslow esque crime spree.

Mariota widely.

Mariota, just because he's not getting into trouble. But the truth is he doesn't have enough leadership ability to deal with a youth soccer team.

Id rather have Christian Ponder than either. And Im a Vikings fan, so I know what kind of useless Im getting.

Winston makes throws that Mariota dreams of. If Winston could cut down on the errant passes and pussy grabbing the ubers he will be fine.

Said it then, both of these dudes are cans and I wouldn’t have wasted a top pick on either

Mariotta came from a gimmicky spread offense than any decent college QB can look good in (someone’s open on every play) and Winston’s got some major character issues/turns it over way too much

I’m no big mariota fan but the system needs an athletic qb. You can’t throw Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in that system and get the same results. But you can probably throw Tahj Boyd in there and be fine.

That said Mariota over JaJameis 7 days a week. Winston is seriously missing a chromosome or something. Although I feel for both qbs getting drafted into such bad franchises lmao.

Mariota is so overrated, it's insane.

I don’t think this is really a case of him being overrated rather than Winston being a retarded can.
Both are true. I'd take him, reluctantly, but it's nuts how either of these guys get talked up.

Winston, if you look at what they did last year specifically. I don't like either of them as a franchise option.

Back