Putin Critic Barred From Running for President Against Putin

Quipling

classical conservative
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...m-russian-presidential-election-idUSKBN1EJ0P2

Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was barred on Monday from running in next year’s presidential election after officials ruled he was ineligible to take part due to a suspended prison sentence {for embezzlement} he says was trumped up . . .

Navalny has been jailed three times this year and charged with breaking the law by repeatedly organizing public meetings and rallies.

Other threads discussing Navalny:
Debate about whether Navalny is racist
One of Navalny's prior arrests
Navalny Jailed prior to election

Russia's election is scheduled for March 2018. Navalny has never broken 5% of the vote, but has been trying to raise his profile through confrontational tactics. An independent polling organization found that 18% of eligible voters who recognized his name were likely to vote for Navalny in the aftermath of his arrest.
http://www.levada.ru/2017/04/06/aktsii-protesta-26-marta-i-navalnyj/

Last edited:
Putin Critic Barred From Running for President Against Putin.

Why would you even consider running against Putin? He will simply have you killed. No one will know that Putin was the culprit. He has done it before and will do it again. Remember, this guy was the 'head' of the KGB. Yeah, he can make people disappear like magic...
@Quipling

like navalny, who isn't even known beyond the Urals, would even stand a chance.
they didn't ban him because he might win.
they did because he would have caused a shitshow and made Putin look bad.

In before he drinks some tea

Guy's kucky he wasn't barred from life itself:rolleyes:

When Russians say that politics is a blood sport, it's not a figure of speech.

are you not afraid your own president do this? lol. worrying about russia or china when the west is in shambles. navalny could in theory win if he allowed to run though, i could see his support hit a strong 30% or so. and with other candidates on the ticket it could take away from putin. but this would assume that russian media not back putin 100%. Putin is actually better for Russia than navalny. Actually that depend on what you want russia to look like. Putin want to recreate ussr 2.0, his nationalism is not ethno and racism in russia is limited to dark skin people and way off foreign people and yes chechens. but at same time putin is very tolerant towards central asian FSU immigrants especially tajiks and uzbeks and kazakhs so much that they are the main people (along with muslims in caucasus and white russians in siberia) who are growing population with birthrates. and putin plays nice with chechen and dagestani leaders to keep them in the federation so they not try and become separtist state. if navalny was president i bet 100 euros he would wall off chechnya and probably let it go. navalny would also probably try and sweat talk ukraine even though he know that it was USA and CIA who turned and overthrow legit ukraine government.

This. Or he would betray his country like Gorbatchev and Eltsine did.

Someone's getting a polonium injection for Christmas.

are you not afraid your own president do this? lol. worrying about russia or china when the west is in shambles. navalny could in theory win if he allowed to run though, i could see his support hit a strong 30% or so. and with other candidates on the ticket it could take away from putin. but this would assume that russian media not back putin 100%. Putin is actually better for Russia than navalny. Actually that depend on what you want russia to look like. Putin want to recreate ussr 2.0, his nationalism is not ethno and racism in russia is limited to dark skin people and way off foreign people and yes chechens. but at same time putin is very tolerant towards central asian FSU immigrants especially tajiks and uzbeks and kazakhs so much that they are the main people (along with muslims in caucasus and white russians in siberia) who are growing population with birthrates. and putin plays nice with chechen and dagestani leaders to keep them in the federation so they not try and become separtist state. if navalny was president i bet 100 euros he would wall off chechnya and probably let it go. navalny would also probably try and sweat talk ukraine even though he know that it was USA and CIA who turned and overthrow legit ukraine government.
This is illegible.

Pretty much agree with this. Navalny's tactics were to build awareness by drawing crackdowns on the anti-corruption protests that he was organizing. I doubt that he would have drawn more than a third of the vote, but that whole process was not one that Putin wanted to go through. Only a third of the people surveyed saw the crackdowns as legitimate uses of government power.

This is illegible.

Pretty much agree with this. Navalny's tactics were to build awareness by drawing crackdowns on the anti-corruption protests that he was organizing. I doubt that he would have drawn more than a third of the vote, but that whole process was not one that Putin wanted to go through. Only a third of the people surveyed saw the crackdowns as legitimate uses of government power.

you cannot read. what did i say that confuse you?

How convenient that is for Putin. A dictatorship under the veil of democracy

you cannot read. what did i say that confuse you?
This streamofconciousness textwall.

Why would you even consider running against Putin? He will simply have you killed. No one will know that Putin was the culprit. He has done it before and will do it again. Remember, this guy was the 'head' of the KGB. Yeah, he can make people disappear like magic...
@Quipling

That's probably true, if there was actually someone more popular than Putin in Russia, and could actually beat him.

Putin is more popular in Russia, then Obama or trump is in the US.

Why do you think that white Russians in Siberia is growing population? From what I understand these republics have growing population and according to stats from 2010 the biggest ethnical group there were Russians but it doesn't mean that these Russians connected to growing birthrates. Like, I think around 8 months ago I saw on TV they mentioned top names for babies in Moscow, in top 5 names for girls, I think number 4 was some Muslim name, like Amina/Madina etc.

This streamofconciousness textwall.

Your just being a dick now. you can read it. here it is again.

<17><17>

are you not afraid your own president (Trump) would do this?

lol. worrying about russia or china when the west is in shambles. navalny could in theory win if he allowed to run. I could see his (navalny) support could maybe hit a strong 30% or so and with other candidates on the ticket it could take away from putin. but this would only work if the russian media not back putin 100%.

Anyhow Putin is actually better for Russia than navalny. But i guess that depend on what you want russia to look like. Putin wants to recreate USSR 2.0, and his nationalism is not ethno and racism in russia is limited to dark skin people and way off foreign people and yes chechens. But at same time putin is very tolerant towards central asian FSU immigrants especially tajiks and uzbeks and kazakhs so much that they are the main people (along with muslims in caucasus and white russians in siberia) who are growing population with birthrates.

Also putin plays nice with chechen and dagestani leaders to keep them in the federation so they not try and become separtist state. if navalny was president i bet 100 euros he would wall off chechnya and probably let it go. navalny would also probably try and sweat talk ukraine even though he know that it was USA and CIA who turned and overthrow legit ukraine government.

Last edited:
Why do you think that white Russians in Siberia is growing population? From what I understand these republics have growing population and according to stats from 2010 the biggest ethnical group there were Russians but it doesn't mean that these Russians connected to growing birthrates. Like, I think around 8 months ago I saw on TV they mentioned top names for babies in Moscow, in top 5 names for girls, I think number 4 was some Muslim name, like Amina/Madina etc.

Because facts. and i never said that muslims were not growing they are. they grow everywhere in the world in population rapidly except the balkans. But siberia and far east russia does not have any muslims basically. Does it not make more sense that people who live in the woods and ´country´ and ruraler cities would have higher birth rate than those living in a dense city? also university education and stuff plays a role. People who better educated except for the really rich class have only 1 or 2 kids while those less educated have like 3 or more. and with muslims in russia in some areas they are averging 3 no matter what it seems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

Russia_birth_rates_2012.PNG

Back