PWD 161: Is WWE/Wrestling dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My school banned pogs. Thought they were too close to gambling.

There was a lot of lame pogs tho

fichasalf6.jpg

fuck outta here, Alf

[YT]M_UR201plc8[/YT]

Interesting to watch old WCW and seeing some Japanese midget coming out to Goldberg's music.

ALF was one of my favorite shows when I was a pup
That movie about the dude that wrote ALF is pretty good too
Forgot the name but Ben Stiller is in it and so is Owen Wilson I think
Hes a hop head

I turned 28 in may. Looks like a bunch of 27-28 years old in here. The way I see it we have two years until being considered old.

Weird how we're all in the same generation/age/etc. So some were in the same age group when watching rasslin' for the first time.

If you werent a kid in the 80's you missed out big time on toys, cartoons and rasslin
80's toys were the dopest shit ever

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and GI Joes had many battles in my house.

Actually seeing the kids of today I find myself more often than not thinking in our days we had more fun, we had better toys, cooler TV shows, cooler music, and even more epic videogames and movies.

Kids of today only play with their tablets and talk about bulges.

TV shows, video games and movies are debatable. Shows like Breaking Bad, GOT, Wire, Walking Dead, True Detective, etc. just were unheard of back in the 80s/90s. People had Walker Texas Ranger, A-Team and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Video games, I love old school 16bit games more than anyone but games have advanced so much and have given people so much interactivity. That's not even talking about the graphics.

Movies? Yeah, some are more CGI-orientated now but there are still some grade A films that simply could not be made in the past.

I do think we should get rid of the bulge people, though.

TV shows, video games and movies are debatable. Shows like Breaking Bad, GOT, Wire, Walking Dead, True Detective, etc. just were unheard of back in the 80s/90s. People had Walker Texas Ranger, A-Team and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Video games, I love old school 16bit games more than anyone but games have advanced so much and have given people so much interactivity. That's not even talking about the graphics.

Movies? Yeah, some are more CGI-orientated now but there are still some grade A films that simply could not be made in the past.

I do think we should get rid of the bulge people, though.

Those other two, while having their own charms, are best enjoyed ironically. Buffy was a legit great show though. No surprise it came near the end of the 90's and the time period we're talking about.

Meh, as someone who born in the early 90s and growing up through the 00s, i have no nostalgia goggles to "preach" about how 90s and 00s shits were better. It wasn't. We are just literally get ourselves high by thinking about the "good ol' day" in our head.

Your childhood musta sucked

If you are replying to me, no. Back then there's MTV when it was still Music Television, Cartoon Networks with well thought out, kids-focused shows instead of the current adult-bait shows like Adventure Times (come at me bro). And also back then we still have PS2 as the leading console with a shitload of game library that free from all the modern nonsense like pre-order bonus, or DLCs, or hype train.

See how I can spin it into the best years evar?

I remember when I was a kid back in 2004 and my favorite wrestler was John Cena and him losing the US title to Carlito really rustled me. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Weird how we're all in the same generation/age/etc. So some were in the same age group when watching rasslin' for the first time.

I'm 29, so I seem to fit right in with everyone here, but I only started in the late 2000's, and fell off until about 2012.

How come the NWO in WCW did not use this song.

Meh, as someone who born in the early 90s and growing up through the 00s, i have no nostalgia goggles to "preach" about how 90s and 00s shits were better. It wasn't. We are just literally get ourselves high by thinking about the "good ol' day" in our head.

My wife was born in the early 90's, and she contends it had the best TV shows for kids, and I'm hard pressed to disagree.

Sure, I had Ninja Turtles (was never a GI Joe fan, sorry, show sucked) and Transformers, but the 90's had X-Men, Batman The Animated Series (seriiously the best animated show of all time in my esitmation) and Superman, which led to Justice League and then Batman Beyond and JL:Unlimited, along with lesser shows like Static Shock, all of which together are probably the best cartoon progression that will ever be done and tied together. There are several entire SERIES of cartoons for kids there, going over YEARS, with the same characters, with PROGRESSION and change. You could actually grow up watching shows and the characters grew up and changed with you.

And Buffy was a great show (and Angel, my personal favourite).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back