PWD 161: Is WWE/Wrestling dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those other two, while having their own charms, are best enjoyed ironically. Buffy was a legit great show though. No surprise it came near the end of the 90's and the time period we're talking about.

I don't get how you can enjoy something ironically. That just makes it sound cynical and like you're only pretending to like it so you can fit in. You either enjoy it or you don't. Granted you may be laughing at it rather than with it, like Plan 9 or Hudson Hawk, but it's still entertaining.

I don't get how you can enjoy something ironically. That just makes it sound cynical and like you're only pretending to like it so you can fit in. You either enjoy it or you don't. Granted you may be laughing at it rather than with it, like Plan 9 or Hudson Hawk, but it's still entertaining.
I don't know if I used the word "ironic" correctly, but what I'm referring to is enjoying something in a way other than its creators intended. With Walker in particular, there were many moments that were obviously meant to be dramatic, but ended up being laughable (see: "Walker told me I have aids").

Well, those are basically Hipsters. Like this prick wearing an A-Team shirt and skinny jeans. Guaranteed he's not watched a single episode, but he's wearing one because it's "Cool" and "Retro", mainly because no one else watches it now (although I still watch them on Netflix).

I've told the story about the Hipsters in HMV, who decided to play a game of "I'm more pretentious and obnoxious than you", where they would pick up CD's by some cheesy act from the 70s saying "Oh my god!! I've wanted this for ages", until some Hobo-Girl shouted "OH MY GOD! DO THESE PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS!!"

Then, they made there way to where I was, the War and Western section, and one of the girls picked up a copy of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. At this point, I thought "Tread lightly", and she said it "Oh my god, I'm gonna get it!" Her friend said "Really?!" She then said "Can you imagine the reaction? Me, of all people, with the epitome of American cinema, people would be like 'no way'?"

Then this old man, an angel, looked up at her and said "Well, you best put that back then. Because that's Italian!" And they left, being shown to be the poseurs that they really are, he looked at me, and said "Twats", and I was in a good mood the rest of the day.

I don't know if I used the word "ironic" correctly, but what I'm referring to is enjoying something in a way other than its creators intended. With Walker in particular, there were many moments that were obviously meant to be dramatic, but ended up being laughable (see: "Walker told me I have aids").

That's "So bad, it's good", like The Room. But Hipsters like things ironically.

Yeah, so bad it's good is different. That's perfectly fine. "Guilty pleasure" is another term I hate. Fuck that. If I like something I like it, fuck what anyone else thinks.

Well, maybe grown men watching cartoons for little girls. They ought to feel guilty.

PointedForsakenFieldmouse.gif
[/IMG]

broc5k sighting. see you in another 4 months.

I was going to make it three months and 29 days just to fuck with you, but I actually got a day off. It's kind of strange when I come back here, I haven't been able to watch any shows lately so I'm all sorts of lost.

Serious question though, when did everyone turn on Big-E? When he was a jobber blowing up Twitter with all sorts of hilarious shit, people were blowing him left and right on here.

I was going to make it three months and 29 days just to fuck with you, but I actually got a day off. It's kind of strange when I come back here, I haven't been able to watch any shows lately so I'm all sorts of lost.

Serious question though, when did everyone turn on Big-E? When he was a jobber blowing up Twitter with all sorts of hilarious shit, people were blowing him left and right on here.

Only Captain Can hates him. Most don't really give a shit.

Hey guys, I am going to my first RAW and am wondering which seats you would take in the green section. I am thinking lower 209 would be the best but I am not too sure. Thanks.

seatmap-2014-wweraw.jpg

Sandow cm punk needs to happen and have Paul instruct Brock to smash

Well, those are basically Hipsters. Like this prick wearing an A-Team shirt and skinny jeans. Guaranteed he's not watched a single episode, but he's wearing one because it's "Cool" and "Retro", mainly because no one else watches it now (although I still watch them on Netflix).

I've told the story about the Hipsters in HMV, who decided to play a game of "I'm more pretentious and obnoxious than you", where they would pick up CD's by some cheesy act from the 70s saying "Oh my god!! I've wanted this for ages", until some Hobo-Girl shouted "OH MY GOD! DO THESE PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS!!"

Then, they made there way to where I was, the War and Western section, and one of the girls picked up a copy of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. At this point, I thought "Tread lightly", and she said it "Oh my god, I'm gonna get it!" Her friend said "Really?!" She then said "Can you imagine the reaction? Me, of all people, with the epitome of American cinema, people would be like 'no way'?"

Then this old man, an angel, looked up at her and said "Well, you best put that back then. Because that's Italian!" And they left, being shown to be the poseurs that they really are, he looked at me, and said "Twats", and I was in a good mood the rest of the day.

I love that story. :icon_cry2:icon_cry2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back