PWD 162: This'll Put Butts In Seats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the Superman Cena push started, I've always said that I hate Cena the character, but really like Cena the guy. He's WILLING to put anyone over, works with charities, and I've heard he's always at NXT giving advice to young guys. Its not HIS choice to be put over everyone like Hogan, Nash, etc used to do.

not true
he's only willing to occasionally put over guys that he personally feels has earned it on their own. He never gives anyone a rub, he won't lose a match or feud to help make someone, he only loses to estasblished superstars. It holds the product back, no different than hogan.

Well if someone wouldve just quickly explained it instead of 4 separate assholes quoting me just to say they werent gonna explain it then it wouldnt of turned into this mountain of fuckery that its become
Prolly gonna tear down this whole thread and leave ashes in its wake and youve got no one to blame but yourselves

I would have explained it, but I thought you were joking.

WWE issued the following statement on Lana's promo at WWE Battleground:

"Last night's segment during WWE's Battleground event was in no way referring to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy. The storyline with characters Rusev and Lana has been a part of WWE programming for more than 3 months. WWE apologizes to anyone who misunderstood last night's segment and was offended."

They should make fun of those who got rustled on RAW tonight. Will put butts in seats.

They should make fun of those who got rustled on RAW tonight. Will put butts in seats.

That was a decent nonpology. They should shit in everyone's mouths tonight. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. If 24 did a season where rebels shot down a plane that some ambassador or senator was on, it would be "edgy" and "ripped from the headlines."

Well if someone wouldve just quickly explained it instead of 4 separate assholes quoting me just to say they werent gonna explain it then it wouldnt of turned into this mountain of fuckery that its become
Prolly gonna tear down this whole thread and leave ashes in its wake and youve got no one to blame but yourselves

:eek:

That WILL put butts in the seats...

I honestly don't really know anything about that. I religiously watched wrestling as a kid all the way up to until about 2007, then not a thing until the Rumble of this year.

Long and short of Cena/Nexus.

- Nexus was the hot angle of 2010, got people interested in it, it was something fresh and new, featuring new guys in a prominent position, particularly Wade Barrett as the winner of NXT 1 and the leader of the group.

- SummerSlam, 7-on-7 Elimination Tag Team Match. Team WWE (Cena, Jericho, Edge, R-Truth, Morrison, Bret Hart and Bryan) vs. The Nexus.

- Finish of the match is a 2-on-1 scenario, Barrett and Gabriel vs. Cena. Barrett DDTs Cena, on exposed concrete, he then kicks out of the cover, pins Gabriel after his devastating "Move out of the way of the splash" finisher, and then makes Barrett tap out to the STF, the internet explodes with "WHAT THE FUCK!! HE WAS DDT'd ON FUCKING CONCRETE!!"

- Edge appears on Jericho's podcast, they talk about the SummerSlam 2010 main event, the story coming out of it is Cena saying "I get DDT'd on concrete, I come back for the win", Jericho and Edge say "That's the dumbest fucking idea ever, Barrett needs to go over for this angle to work", Cena won't budge, despite the two of them literally pleading with him to let Barrett go over, he says "No, DDT on concrete, I come back to win". The finish happens, turns out to be the dumbest finish ever, Cena says "That's not how I saw it turning out, you guys were right". But the gate has been shut after the horse had bolted by this point.

cena knew what he was doing to nexus
just trying to save face with the ''you guys were right'' bullshit

rofl

concrete DDT

It pisses me off that the DDT, once known as the most lethal move in Pro Wrestling has just become another setup move. But the fucking fireman's carry, renamed the Attitude Adjustment is a game changer, brotherjackdude

Next, the Full Body Slam and Mongolian Chop will be renamed as the World Ender and Skull Splitter and will have to be banned

Lana should mime a plane being shot out of the air tonight on RAW.

I'm betting we'll get a Zeb promo tonight but we won't see Rusev or Lana on the show tonight.

Long and short of Cena/Nexus.

- Nexus was the hot angle of 2010, got people interested in it, it was something fresh and new, featuring new guys in a prominent position, particularly Wade Barrett as the winner of NXT 1 and the leader of the group.

- SummerSlam, 7-on-7 Elimination Tag Team Match. Team WWE (Cena, Jericho, Edge, R-Truth, Morrison, Bret Hart and Bryan) vs. The Nexus.

- Finish of the match is a 2-on-1 scenario, Barrett and Gabriel vs. Cena. Barrett DDTs Cena, on exposed concrete, he then kicks out of the cover, pins Gabriel after his devastating "Move out of the way of the splash" finisher, and then makes Barrett tap out to the STF, the internet explodes with "WHAT THE FUCK!! HE WAS DDT'd ON FUCKING CONCRETE!!"

- Edge appears on Jericho's podcast, they talk about the SummerSlam 2010 main event, the story coming out of it is Cena saying "I get DDT'd on concrete, I come back for the win", Jericho and Edge say "That's the dumbest fucking idea ever, Barrett needs to go over for this angle to work", Cena won't budge, despite the two of them literally pleading with him to let Barrett go over, he says "No, DDT on concrete, I come back to win". The finish happens, turns out to be the dumbest finish ever, Cena says "That's not how I saw it turning out, you guys were right". But the gate has been shut after the horse had bolted by this point.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I guess I'm way more behind the times than I thought and retract my previous support of back stage Cena.

It pisses me off that the DDT, once known as the most lethal move in Pro Wrestling has just become another setup move. But the fucking fireman's carry, renamed the Attitude Adjustment is a game changer, brotherjackdude

Next, the Full Body Slam and Mongolian Chop will be renamed as the World Ender and Skull Splitter and will have to be banned

Khali had a Mongolian Chop as a finisher and I remember seeing videos of a period of maybe 2010-2012 where the Big Show's finisher was a punch. Not a dramatic superman punch like Reigns uses now, but just a good ole punch in the face.

Yeah, especially a DDT on concrete, any other situation, if someone gets DDT'd on concrete, you'd have Michael Cole putting on a sombre face, like he's gonna tell us that Jerry had another heart attack, about this heinous assault, but for Cena, he eats it like it's nothing.

It's interesting that he (from your quick run down) realized that the other two were right afterwards. He must have just really thought that was going to go over really well, and I can understand why, it's a huge example of Super Cena/'never give up' which has been what his character has been about for some time now and it was rather popular, and for it to continue to be so, he probably felt he would need to 'overcome' more every time out.

Unfortunately most people felt that this was over the acceptable line, so it wasn't well received.

That actually makes me think, what does everyone think the BEST Cena fued/storyline has been in the 'modern' Cena era? Where he's a world champ, after his rapper days brawlin' with JBL. Doesn't matter what part is the best, if the end match didn't work out (like in the Nexus example) for example, just the build-up/story.

Khali had a Mongolian Chop as a finisher and I remember seeing videos of a period of maybe 2010-2012 where the Big Show's finisher was a punch. Not a dramatic superman punch like Reigns uses now, but just a good ole punch in the face.

Big Show still uses the punch as a finisher. It's the WMD!!! The thing is, that's a move that could be a believable finisher for a giant if he had been using it as a finisher since the beginning but it's basically a case of that in the last 4 years, Big Show has realized he has knockout power in his right hand so he better start using it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I guess I'm way more behind the times than I thought and retract my previous support of back stage Cena.

He's a guy who seemingly takes an arbitrary dislike to some guys. Like Alex Riley, it's pretty egregious what he did to that guy. Yeah, people think he sucked, but he was getting over as a babyface, and had potential.

He also fucked Reks and Hawkins over pretty bad too.

Big Show still uses the punch as a finisher. It's the WMD!!! The thing is, that's a move that could be a believable finisher for a giant if he had been using it as a finisher since the beginning but it's basically a case of that in the last 4 years, Big Show has realized he has knockout power in his right hand so he better start using it. :rolleyes:

chris hero>big show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back