PWD 164: The Miz Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell does his singlet have to be so low cut?

Well, his gimmick is that he's "The Last of a Dying Breed", so he's gone for an old school singlet.

Or, more likely, he doesn't want his fat ass to be muffin topping over regular trunks. BOlieve it or not, he's actually lost weight

ecf64c5c8dsmithjames.jpg

Also, if he looks familiar...

0.jpg

Literally, the first thing said about AJ when she walked through the curtain on NXT was "This is AJ Lee, she likes Comic Books and Video Games."
I never got what that line meant to the people who loves it. I mean really, so what if some girl likes videogames and comics. If you like that too, it only means two things. Either you're a collector or you're a fucking nerd.

It's not even funny.

CM Punk on The Nerdist podcast no. 553. Very funny stuff.

Desperate much?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5978

TNA Wrestling Signs American War Hero Chris Melendez to Multi-Year Agreement

446b2ae0a0a528acc6168730e3558c96_XL.jpg

As you might possibly have noticed, he's got one leg. TNA are clinging on so badly they've resorted to bringing in a crippled soldier as a cheap ratings ploy.

Oh, the story about TNA losing their TV deal has been "proven false" according to the faithful on their FB page. Yup, they've swallowed Dixie's bullshit again...

The modern age PC era is hard on pro wrestling. They can't do what they do best without getting hurt, and they can't take anything for it. A simple concussion can end a title reign these days. They have to be on their best behavior 24/7 and can't even say something on twitter without the PC police complaining. At the same time, they aren't allowed to be themselves anymore and have to play a soap opera writer's script. They can't promote themselves, because they'll get buried quicker that way.

I'm being half facetious about most of this, because it's a good thing that we as a society have come to understand (and react on) head trauma and drug addiction. In an industry where more than half die before the age of 60, of course it's a good thing that it's all being looked at. But damn if it doesn't castrate pro wrestling at it's core. A double edged sword that will only get worse as time goes on. Also, the reality tv era....ugh.

Desperate much?

As you might possibly have noticed, he's got one leg.

Oh, the story about TNA losing their TV deal has been "proven false" according to the faithful on their FB page. Yup, they've swallowed Dixie's bullshit again...
Who cares. As if people really watch TNA. They pay the survey company that does the ratings. Fucking bullshit, I don't believe more than 37 people actually watch that idiocy.

I never got what that line meant to the people who loves it. I mean really, so what if some girl likes videogames and comics. If you like that too, it only means two things. Either you're a collector or you're a fucking nerd.

It's not even funny.

It stems from this:

cute-girl-plays-video-games-become-obsessed-with-her.jpg

When Cena is banged up and gonna be going for that Rocky Maivia/Batista movie money the 5 year YES movement will begin, the Roman Empire will be the new Cena, and the lunatic fringe will have to go full Austin.

I honestly can't see Cena making any money in Hollywood.

It stems from this:

cute-girl-plays-video-games-become-obsessed-with-her.jpg
Who the hell finds this shit funny? I'd rather look at McLuvin's pictures. So they make a meme with a fat guy with pimples to laugh at? I bet it's a spitting image of themselves.

Kids love him. Don't underestimate the purchasing power of kids. Plus, they bring along their parents. Package deal, WWE is so smart keeping him as a face this long.

Lots of dumb movies in Hollywood and they are blockbusters simply because kids love them. Just look at the likes of Nemo, Frozen, Kung Fu Panda. I mean what the fuck. They should make movies involving interesting people. A movie that will make you use your brain. Say for example "The rise and fall of Buff Bagwell, how he stuff'd his buffness into asses."

You'd think after The Marine he would have studios knocking down his door...

The Rock started it off with a cameo in The Mummy 2 and then Scorpion King. I personally didn't enjoy either film, but I could certainly see the appeal that Dwayne could represent in Hollywood - he just couldn't really act at the time. But he got better, and better - his role in Be Cool had me laughing hysterically.

Now he's finding his own as the new age Arnold - the goto guy for action movies, but he can also be comedic. It works, and he looks the part.

Cena is going to have to do more roles to show his range - from what I've read he's already doing some now.

I thought Cena was good in Legendary, that was a good film.

Kids love him. Don't underestimate the purchasing power of kids. Plus, they bring along their parents. Package deal, WWE is so smart keeping him as a face this long.

Lots of dumb movies in Hollywood and they are blockbusters simply because kids love them. Just look at the likes of Nemo, Frozen, Kung Fu Panda. I mean what the fuck. They should make movies involving interesting people. A movie that will make you use your brain. Say for example "The rise and fall of Buff Bagwell, how he stuff'd his buffness into asses."

To be fair, Pixar made some legit good movies. There are "family films" which find a nice balance between entertaining both the kids and their parents/adults. Those take more skill than your typical gore fest, IMO.

Well, his gimmick is that he's "The Last of a Dying Breed", so he's gone for an old school singlet.

Or, more likely, he doesn't want his fat ass to be muffin topping over regular trunks. BOlieve it or not, he's actually lost weight

ecf64c5c8dsmithjames.jpg

Also, if he looks familiar...

0.jpg
Is that the IWC's hero Kevin Steen?

It's not even funny.
1. That's the main reason Neckbeard Nation loves her so much.
2. It's funny because certain people still get mad whenever it's brought up.

Desperate much?

As you might possibly have noticed, he's got one leg. TNA are clinging on so badly they've resorted to bringing in a crippled soldier as a cheap ratings ploy.

Zack Gowan is not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back