PWD 166: Bone Cold Works the Marks Better Than Anyone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always appalled when the topic comes up on Sherdog how many people admit to doing it and will seemingly argue that there's nothing wrong with it.

Additionally, my wife and I watched the Mick Foley vs Randy Orton Hardcore match from years back today, and it made me wonder about a few things I was hoping someone on here could answer for me.

I started watching WWE right at the Evolution formation (as I'm sure a fair few people on this site did, seeing as it was right after TUF1, I believe), and didn't keep up with it for more than a year or so. How long was Evolution actually an active group in the WWE? It seems that, looking back, they were the winners of every fued on every show for the entire time I watched, was it really like that?

Also, did Foley ever WIN a feud in his time in the WWE? I know that's not really his purpose, but I am interested to know if he did.

Lastly, at some point (from watching old clips/vids) it seems like Foley was the GM of RAW or something(?). Does anyone know what time period that was in (pre/post evolution) and what led to it? Seems like it had some funny moments.

Evolution started in early 2003 and ended in early 2005. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_%28professional_wrestling%29 It began when Triple H, Orton, Batista, and Flair beat up Scott Steiner and Randy left the group after he beat Benoit in 2004 at Summerslam for the title after Triple H kicked his ass the next night on Raw. Batista famously left the group after he won the Royal Rumble after Triple H orchestrated a car almost hitting Batista to scare Batista into taking on JBL from Smackdown at Mania 21. TUF 1 started at the end of Evolution's run. Foley was the commissioner of the WWF in 2000 after he lost his fatal 4 way main event at Wrestlemania 2000. This was from June to December. This way 3 years before Evolution existed. There was no real good reason he was commissioner. He also didn't really win many feuds in his time with the WWF.

Some may surprise you...

- Per the Wrestling Observer, these are the current match times for all of SummerSlam's matches. These can (and will) of course change by Sunday by at least a small degree, but it gives you an idea of who is getting how much time:

* Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, 25 minutes
* Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon, 15 minutes
* Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns, 20 minutes
* Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins, 15 minutes
* Paige vs. AJ Lee, 12 minutes
* Rusev vs. Jack Swagger, 12 minutes
* Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho, 15 minutes
* Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz, 10 minutes
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...rSlam//s-Matches-Get?.htm#LyECl8UDKgBaRyHM.99

Most of those are fine, but I take it Steph/Brie is the sticking point? Gonna need some serious outside interference there to stop the crowd dying before Bork/Hogan Jr.

Some may surprise you...

- Per the Wrestling Observer, these are the current match times for all of SummerSlam's matches. These can (and will) of course change by Sunday by at least a small degree, but it gives you an idea of who is getting how much time:

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...rSlam//s-Matches-Get?.htm#LyECl8UDKgBaRyHM.99

I will do a pick'em just for the heck of it. I have a feeling only half of my predictions will come true. Oh and they should had kept Rusev's full name, now it sounds generic.

Lesnar
McMahon
Reigns
Ambrose
AJ
Rusev
Wyatt
Ziggler

Most of those are fine, but I take it Steph/Brie is the sticking point? Gonna need some serious outside interference there to stop the crowd dying before Bork/Hogan Jr.

Yeah, I thought the times made sense and assumed that the Steph/Brie match would have a lot going on in it, with Brie's sister getting involved as well as Steph having at least one person there to help her (HHH or Kane?). Look like a good split of the times to me.

So apparently TNA is interested in ADR and want to make him the champ. Hahahaha they're expecting this move to change the game of pro wrestling.

That'll put butts in the seats.

WWE is burying the Wyatt Family.

I am always appalled when the topic comes up on Sherdog how many people admit to doing it and will seemingly argue that there's nothing wrong with it.

Additionally, my wife and I watched the Mick Foley vs Randy Orton Hardcore match from years back today, and it made me wonder about a few things I was hoping someone on here could answer for me.

I started watching WWE right at the Evolution formation (as I'm sure a fair few people on this site did, seeing as it was right after TUF1, I believe), and didn't keep up with it for more than a year or so. How long was Evolution actually an active group in the WWE? It seems that, looking back, they were the winners of every fued on every show for the entire time I watched, was it really like that?

Also, did Foley ever WIN a feud in his time in the WWE? I know that's not really his purpose, but I am interested to know if he did.

Lastly, at some point (from watching old clips/vids) it seems like Foley was the GM of RAW or something(?). Does anyone know what time period that was in (pre/post evolution) and what led to it? Seems like it had some funny moments.

Evolution was strong for a couple years. I dont remember the specifics of what happened with evolution after they bounced orton out for winning the title. I think by WM 21 it was completely over with batista challenging triple h

Foley was always used as a contender for the championship since 96. Feuds and matches with hbk, stone cold, the rock, and triple h all while those men were champions. After that run he was never full time enough to invest in winning a feud.

As commissioner foley was probably more active than HBK. HBK was commissioner before foley but would make sporadic appearances and decisions. Foley was more active but I think the wwe could and should have done more with the commish title at the time

10570342_709267872480217_238480830138726808_n.jpg

Some may surprise you...

Unless those include entrances, video packages, and post match stuff I can't imagine those times are accurate. Brie hasn't wrestled in months and Stephanie has wrestled in years so I don't see how they could do 15 minutes bell to Bella. Plus most three hour PPVs the WWE has put on over the last couple years have had about 90-95 minutes of combined match times. Those numbers add up to a bit over two hours.

Hogan's Birthday celebration on Raw tonight ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Ya'll just jelly ...

hulk-hogan1.jpg

Fucking Lulz

Hulk Hogan's ex-wife Linda Hogan is being sued by Charlie Hill, the then-19 year old she began seeing after her marriage with Hulk ended. Hill is alleging that Linda forced him to perform a number of laborious tasks throughout their relationship, and is seeking $1.5 million in damages. Those tasks? Waxing her yacht, digging a creek, fertilizing acres of avocado trees, pulling reeds from a lake and perform additional construction and landscaping tasks at the mansion the two were sharing when they were together.

Mick Foley will be the on The Steve Austin Show soon.

Hogan's Birthday celebration on Raw tonight ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

U kidding right? nWo reunion! Hopefully they take over the show and we have Nash squashing a bunch of midgets.

U kidding right? nWo reunion! Hopefully they take over the show and we have Nash squashing a bunch of midgets.

It's only a three hour show. Is that enough time for Nash to get to the ring?

Unless those include entrances, video packages, and post match stuff I can't imagine those times are accurate. Brie hasn't wrestled in months and Stephanie has wrestled in years so I don't see how they could do 15 minutes bell to Bella. Plus most three hour PPVs the WWE has put on over the last couple years have had about 90-95 minutes of combined match times. Those numbers add up to a bit over two hours.

you can count on hhh and bib boob bella making appearances in that match. i am sure there will be only a few minutes of wrestling

Im going to mark out hard for the nWo tonight I hope they throw mysterio like a dart again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back