PWD 186: What? No, it's OK because I'm the one being put in that spot on name alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smigg

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
m76v5y.png

Rules

-Do not come here and tell us what we are discussing and/or watching is gay/fake. We don't care. A lot of people don't care. We love it and we'll keep watching the shows and we'll talk about it here.

-There will be a lot of arguing starting from post #2 to post #1000 like any other thread. We are passionate. Sometimes we disagree with each other but at the end of the day, we all laugh at gifs/videos/quotes from our favorite performers all throughout pro wrestling history.

-You can also be a pro wrestling fan if you are into MMA. Major MMA organizations around the world have borrowed tricks from pro wrestling to get people tuned in. Pro wrestling is legit, choreographed along with a great story. Actual physical contact happens. Chair shots, steel steps bumps, table breaks and other crazy spots are real.

-Name calling of other posters is allowed but referring to them as idiots, trolls or morons (we all are in our own way, we don't need to be reminded) will not be tolerated. We want to maintain a friendly vibe in here.

-Talking about performers that have passed away is fine, but let's respect their families' privacy by not discussing how they died or what they have done in the past that caused their death. Unless it's REALLY funny.

-Post #1000 starts the next thread. If the poster of #1000 does not make a new thread within 10 minutes of his post, the poster of #1001 can make the next thread and so on.

Mascot: Alice Goodwin-Pennant
alice-goodwin-pennant.jpg

Theme Song: Clutch - Electric Worry/One Eye Dollar
[YT]_QWCQu3eEis[/YT]

Shit, didn't even notice that, was looking at her tits.

Love the mascot. Pretty cool theme.

They are still a million times better then Reigns and Cesaro can and will rebound.

Cesaro could rebound. He just has a 69 year old Swiss-dismissing obstacle in his way.

Neither do I. I am just bored with him. It has been about a decade of him on top. Wrestling needs an antidote for a character like him. It needs something organic to replace him otherwise WWE's descent into mediocrity during the past decade will continue. I am sure of that. 100%.

They have plenty of people in play now but Cena isn't getting replaced anytime soon.

I like RR, and I don't have a problem with the WWE molding him to be the next big star. In light of the time he lost with the injury, though, I don't know whether he's the right guy to headline WM this coming year, though. I guess we'll have a better idea when he comes back, but a lot of my positive feelings for his future coming sooner rather than later had to do with the assumption that he'd be working with Orton, Rollins, HHH between SummerSlam and Royal Rumble to get better in the ring and on the mic. Since he hasn't been able to do that, I'm skeptical. I also don't think a match between him and Brock would be very good.

The hate he gets, though, is pathetic. It's knee-jerk "WWE is bad!" bullshit. The guy comes across as a hard worker. Even if you think that his acting classes aren't paying dividends yet, the fact that he's doing that while he's out hurt shows that he recognizes his short-comings and is working on them.

I still think Cena is going to beat Brock for the title before Mania. And with that in mind, my pick would be for Rusev to win the Rumble.

Cesaro could rebound. He just has a 69 year old Swiss-dismissing obstacle in his way.

Cesaro is probably the most boring guy on the roster, has been for years. If it wasn't for Swagger and Dutch he would probably be back in ROH by now.

They have plenty of people in play now but Cena isn't getting replaced anytime soon.

Hopefully when Cena is "replaced" it will be by a couple guys. While I agree that wrestling has had plenty of long-time top guys throughout its history, one of the best periods was a time when there were several top guys vying for that top spot (i.e., Austin, Rocky, Foley, Taker). I would love if a few years from now they were able to keep guys like Bray (and/or Harper), Ambrose, and Rollins all near that top level, even if RR is the top of the top.

Cesaro is probably the most boring guy on the roster, has been for years. If it wasn't for Swagger and Dutch he would probably be back in ROH by now.

Do you find his matches boring, or do you just mean his personality.

His matches are usually good to great, he is freakishly strong, he was getting over using the big swing to pop the crowd - then instead of going full on babyface WWE inexplicably alligned him with Heyman.

He did it once maybe he could get over again.

All that being said though I would keep him away from the mic. His mic work is horrendous.

Do you find his matches boring, or do you just mean his personality.

Both and i've been saying this since the second he debuted years ago. He was going nowhere for a while before he joined the Real Americans and even then didn't get over until he started swing Khali around the ring. Putting a belt on him didn't help, giving him a hot chick didn't help, putting him with Paul Heyman didn't help either. His promo against Cena probably hurt his career more than Strikers "marking out bro" comment. If he doesn't have another big guy in the ring with him to show off how strong he is, he doesn't have anything to offer.

Most boring guy on the roster doesn't get cheered by fans for over a year we'll still being a heel and used like complete shit. Maybe you should find a better term then boring to describe Cesaro..

"Where did you get those sneakers, kmart?"

What can still goes to KMart let alone knows where one is in 2014?

"Where did you get those sneakers, kmart?"

What can still goes to KMart let alone knows where one is in 2014?

The kind of people who buy John Cena's KMart exclusive sneakers, who are also a big sponsor of the WWE.

The kind of people who buy John Cena's KMart exclusive sneakers, who are also a big sponsor of the WWE.

The last K-mart is my area got bought out by "Mercado Northgate"

Just stumbled upon an old Extreme Expos

The last K-mart is my area got bought out by "Mercado Northgate"

We don't even have KMart here. Although, I just know that if we did, we'd probably hear about 100 "GayMart" jokes an hour.

Cesaro is great in ring. It's sad that he only did the Alpamare waterslide against Sheamus. But he sucks on the mic and being from Switzerland isn't a really compelling background launching point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back