PWD 212: I'm A Mark, Playing A Mark, Disguised As Another Mark

Matthew Broderick's slap on the wrist is appearing in Deck The Halls.

This is a film where every day of filming, Broderick was actually saying "This is it, I have actually reached the low point of my career, this is what it is now" and wondering what had happened to his career where he was making movies like that.

I personally enjoyed that movie, but I have near Mick Foley levels of loving Christmas.

That was such a weird movie. I expected it to be that Matthew Broderick was a no-fun doucher, and Danny DeVito was a good dude that everyone liked except MB due to jealousy. But it turned out that they were both pieces of shit. In the end, I was hoping their wives would stay gone and find good dudes to end up with instead.

one of you twitter people should let Nash know a few people still get it

•Brian Fritz at Sporting News reported yesterday that TNA is not only behind in paying wrestlers but also its production team, who are apparently still owed money from the One Night Only PPV tapings back in February.
•TNA has released Sanada and he's expected to stay in the United States and work the independent scene.

TNA is dying.

ROH's Cedric Alexander talks race in pro wrestling, says WWE's New Day gimmick in extremely offensive

Ring of Honor's Cedric Alexander recently discussed The New Day, and issues facing African-Americans and other minorities in wrestling, in an interview on Glenn Clark's Jobbing Out podcast.

Clark and co-host Aaron Oster talked with independent wrestling veteran about the Briscoes turning down WWE and the notion of guys like Alexander making a living in a low politics environment vs. risking it all going to work for Vince McMahon. That brought them to a joking question about whether or not Cedric would be one of Adam Rose's Rosebuds like other indy workers have done ("oh God no"), and that led to talking about Kingston, Woods and E's act.

This opens up a whole different can of worms here, because everyone I know that watches WWE is offended by The New Day... extremely offended because of the whole racial thing," Alexander said. "It's like, 'oh we're three black guys, we'll sing, we'll dance. You've got Kofi Kingston, who's a phenomenal athlete, Big E Langston is a gigantic, threatening man and Xavier Woods is extremely intelligent. So why make them sing and dance when they obviously can be more... serious, I guess?

When they first started this thing, it was like two or three weeks that they did it where Xavier would come out and be like a Malcolm X type of thing. He was preaching black power without saying black power, which I think is fantastic because you don't offend anyone. But when you've got three black guys singing and dancing, stereotypes get fed too much and I hate it.

Read more:http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/4...race-in-pro-wrestling-offended-by-wwe-new-day

Cedric must not be a fan of the Mexicools or Kerwin White.

TNA is dying.

Dreamer's promotion is going to start airing on the fight network next month
PPW just signed a deal and will be in 85 million homes in June
JJ's promotion is finally doing stuff
NJPW
Lucha
WWE
ROH

I don't think singing and dancing is a black stereotype
new day doesn't sing anyways

I don't think singing and dancing is a black stereotype
new day doesn't sing anyways

Well, the funny thing is, he says "Look at them, making them sing and dance, that's stereotypical, it's bad! They should be these Militant Black Power guys, that are fighting for the black man!"

Because being a Militant Black Guy isn't stereotypical!

Hulk Hogan is at the Barrett Jackson auction in Florida.

Well, the funny thing is, he says "Look at them, making them sing and dance, that's stereotypical, it's bad! They should be these Militant Black Power guys, that are fighting for the black man!"

Because being a Militant Black Guy isn't stereotypical!

Good point.

Back