PWD 246: We Comin' For You

There's a difference between one guy having too many jobber matchest and not having a place for jobber matches.

But that was a nice **clears throat** strawman.

Raw and Smackdown should not have any jobber matches what so ever. It does nothing for storyline purposes or direction. ADR should not be in jobber matches in 2015 on both Raw and Smackdown

Crowd reaction is proof of that. You live in the past as well.

Now there's your strawman!

Now Bubba can't talk to me because he knows he can't do it

Gt6ylDb.gif

Raw and Smackdown should not have any jobber matches what so ever. It does nothing for storyline purposes or direction. ADR should not be in jobber matches in 2015 on both Raw and Smackdown

Crowd reaction is proof of that. You live in the past as well.

Now there's your strawman!

I respectfully (for now) disagree. Between Raw and Smackdown you've got 5 hours of wrestling per week. That is plenty of time for a couple jobber matches between the two shows each week to build up certain new guys (as was done with the Ryback) or to help keep guys strong or resuscitate them after losing a feud. Proper use of jobbers could avoid some of the 50/50 booking we see, because instead of guys trading wins to keep them both strong, you could see one guy win a feud decisively, and then use jobbers to help the other guy get some mojo back on his way to his next feud.

Giving ADR a few easy wins right after his return is fine, although I would agree that they shouldn't have both been against the same guy. He came back with a nice surprise win over Cena, so giving him a couple matches where he gets all his offense in to re-familiarize him with the viewing audience makes sense. On the other hand, given that he is now the US champion, I'd have rather seen them go with an angle where he was forced to continue the "open challenges." In that case, though, R-Truth would have been a perfectly acceptable first challenger.

You're way too obsessed with "storyline," imo.

I respectfully (for now) disagree. Between Raw and Smackdown you've got 5 hours of wrestling per week. That is plenty of time for a couple jobber matches between the two shows each week to build up certain new guys (as was done with the Ryback) or to help keep guys strong or resuscitate them after losing a feud. Proper use of jobbers could avoid some of the 50/50 booking we see, because instead of guys trading wins to keep them both strong, you could see one guy win a feud decisively, and then use jobbers to help the other guy get some mojo back on his way to his next feud.

Giving ADR a few easy wins right after his return is fine, although I would agree that they shouldn't have both been against the same guy. He came back with a nice surprise win over Cena, so giving him a couple matches where he gets all his offense in to re-familiarize him with the viewing audience makes sense. On the other hand, given that he is now the US champion, I'd have rather seen them go with an angle where he was forced to continue the "open challenges." In that case, though, R-Truth would have been a perfectly acceptable first challenger.

You're way too obsessed with "storyline," imo.

And you're way too fine with matches that serve no purpose or direction. Much worst!!!!! This idea of fans needing to "familiarize" with the wrestlers moves is straight garbage, as if they can only do that with Jobbers...

Save that for Superstars and Main Event. Again... Listen to the crowd during jobber matches these days.... Dead silence. We have all been accustomed to these same style matches for so long that nobody cares.

You can't keep bringing the old man Pro Wrestling vision up in 2015. Things change and you're stuck in the past because things worked then. Just like so many people in these threads are still stuck in the past with their muscle man fandom. That has changed too...

I don't hear anybody complaining about Strowman NOT beating up jobbers every week and showing us what he has....

Fuck that shit.

And you're way too fine with matches that serve no purpose or direction. Much worst!!!!! This idea of fans needing to "familiarize" with the wrestlers moves is straight garbage, as if they can only do that with Jobbers...

Save that for Superstars and Main Event. Again... Listen to the crowd during jobber matches these days.... Dead silence. We have all been accustomed to these same style matches for so long that nobody cares.

You can't keep bringing the old man Pro Wrestling vision up in 2015. Things change and you're stuck in the past because things worked then. Just like so many people in these threads are still stuck in the past with their muscle man fandom. That has changed too...

They do serve a purpose and direction - they are building one guy up at the expense of another. When Ryback was carrying around two jobbers on his back the crowd was chanting "Feed Me More!" It got him over. Rusev crushing mid-to-low-card faces got him over as a monster heel. When Reigns ran through Jimmy Uso, Cody, Rey Rey and Golddust at Survivor Series it got him over.

You keep saying I'm "stuck in the past," but "progress" for the sake of progress is just masturbation. And I, as a wrestling fan, don't feel a need to apologize for enjoying wrestling matches even if they don't all have a soap opera "storyline" attached.

Which is not to say that I don't think there should be more and better-developed stories and feuds in WWE. I do. But even just with Raw's three hours, there's plenty of time to cover multiple bases. Some progression of main event storylines and b-story lines, one or two really good competitive matches, and a feature match for someone to crush a can, get his offense in, and get put over as a badass by the commentators. Everyone goes home happy. As opposed to your plan, which seems to be to make me unhappy.

They do serve a purpose and direction - they are building one guy up at the expense of another. When Ryback was carrying around two jobbers on his back the crowd was chanting "Feed Me More!" It got him over. Rusev crushing mid-to-low-card faces got him over as a monster heel. When Reigns ran through Jimmy Uso, Cody, Rey Rey and Golddust at Survivor Series it got him over.

You keep saying I'm "stuck in the past," but "progress" for the sake of progress is just masturbation. And I, as a wrestling fan, don't feel a need to apologize for enjoying wrestling matches even if they don't all have a soap opera "storyline" attached.

Cody and Golddust were the tag champs at the time and that was an awesome feud... Not jobbers but you did just help my point in bringing them up so thanks. They really helped getting over the Shield at the time. Uhh what about them jobber matches? I can't even remember them..... Probably because they ain't important which is my point.

You're making up stuff when you say that Rusev got over as a monster heel by beating Xavier and Truth... No crowd was dead. He got over once he was put in feuds.

If you're a wrestling fan then why do you care to watch a match with an obvious outcome? Oh ya and this match has no story or reason to care by the way...

So Truth and Xavier Woods were not jobbers? Excuse me while I find my contact after this eye roller.

Reigns got horrible pops last night... If it wasn't for him coming through the fans... Wow his entrance would be near silent.

Heel turn is still much needed. Don't let the pops in one city fool you. He ain't over.

So Truth and Xavier Woods were not jobbers? Excuse me while I find my contact after this eye roller.

You obviously can't read.

Golddust and Cody aren't jobbers
Truth and Xavier(at the time) were

Now run along child

Cody and Golddust were the tag champs at the time and that was an awesome feud... Not jobbers but you did just help my point in bringing them up so thanks. They really helped getting over the Shield at the time. Uhh what about them jobber matches? I can't even remember them..... Probably because they ain't important which is my point.

You're making up stuff when you say that Rusev got over as a monster heel by beating Xavier and Truth... No crowd was dead. He got over once he was put in feuds.

If you're a wrestling fan then why do you care to watch a match with an obvious outcome? Oh ya and this match has no story or reason to care by the way...

I agree: No crowd was dead; they were all rocking.

I. Like. Wrestling. Matches.

I like long matches and short matches. I like technical matches and brawls. I like iron woman matches and ladder matches and, yes, squash matches. I like wrestling matches. You're a wrestling match bigot, that's what you are. Either that or you think I'm saying I want nothing but squash matches on Raw with only competitive matches on PPV or special events like the old days. That's clearly not what I'm saying.

I did, admittedly, forget that the Rhodes brothers were ever champions, though. My bad.

Aside from Ziggler and Wyatt's fuckery about eating and absorbing the BOD like wrestlings Majin Boo, Raw was a fun show.

Mainevent was 10 guys under 40 and full timers with a hot crowd. Somehow I think that elicits complaints somewhere.

Reigns got horrible pops last night... If it wasn't for him coming through the fans... Wow his entrance would be near silent.

Heel turn is still much needed. Don't let the pops in one city fool you. He ain't over.

Because the crowd chanting his name when he was baby face selling doesn't count.

LOL.

All about the entrance now? Who are you Vince and Dunn?

Aside from Ziggler and Wyatt's fuckery about eating and absorbing the BOD like wrestlings Majin Boo, Raw was a fun show.

Mainevent was 10 guys under 40 and full timers with a hot crowd. Somehow I think that elicits complaints somewhere.

There's always gonna be complaints somewhere.. You might as well live with that fact rather then ... You know COMPLAIN about COMPLAINING...

But ya I agree last night was a good show. Nice to see the young guys get the main event two weeks in a row.

Because the crowd chanting his name when he was baby face selling doesn't count.

LOL.

All about the entrance now? Who are you Vince and Dunn?

Yes I made a comment so now that means all about... How far can you reach dude?

Wow crowd chanted his name? What was the percentage? Do I need to show you what it sounds like when a crowd really chants somebody's name?

Did you just start watching wrestling? He ain't over... Prove it or otherwise shut up

Back