PWD 500: Hard Work Pays Off, Dreams Come True. Bad Times Don't Last,But the PWD Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday the 13th fellas!
The wife just cashed her first camwhore cheque (made a little under two months of her old job's pay in two weeks). The first thing she did after getting home was order New Japan World. Bought me some beers for some afternoon drinks and put a stew in the slow cooker. Life is good brahs!

To be fair, Wrestlemania 30 was the Daniel Bryan show, and I don't think it did too bad considering it was the first year they really pushed the Network. It's still in the top 5 highest grossing WMs of all time, it just took a huge PPV cut because everyone got the WWE Network for one month. It had 690,000 PPV buys, in contrast to WM 31 which had 259,000, with Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns as the headliner and Sting's WWE debut.

WM30 was in the 1st month of the network. By the time WM31 came around, the network had 1 million subs and the need to pay $55 for the show wasn't necessary. And we've already had this debate before WM30 became the Daniel Bryan due to Punk quitting two months before and messing up their plans.

Sean Waltman had more personality than Bryan.
He was supposed to, he was the hype man for every group he was in.

Bryan was a much better wrestler. But I know how nobody cares about that kinda stuff around here.

Bryan’s run was the last time they had an over face as champion.

Bryan was a much better wrestler. But I know how nobody cares about that kinda stuff around here.

There's been plenty of guys who were better wrestlers than Daniel Bryan with equally boring personalities.

It's not the nobody cares, it's that every since WM20, a certain demographic of wrestling fans believe that workrate makes a star and that's all that matters when the history of pro wrestling as a whole has never supported that.

Your argument implies that those wrestlers also had a upside, Bryan never had that upside.
I DONT mean to say imply that. My point is it’s a poor era to use buyrates as a measure of someone’s ability. It’s not like the Wwe had been doing gangbusters and it came to a haunt when DB came into the fold

You’re a Roman fan right ? Do you think Roman has more charisma than DB? Do you think his mic skills are as good as DB? DB can get on the mic and talk for 10+ minutes and sound completely natural and non scripted (even when he is scripted). It’s really hard to find that these days in the wwe. And he got people behind his message

There's been plenty of guys who were better wrestlers than Daniel Bryan with equally boring personalities.

dean-malenko-04-1358099428.jpg

It's not the nobody cares, it's that every since WM20, a certain demographic of wrestling fans believe that workrate makes a star and that's all that matters when the history of pro wrestling as a whole has never supported that.
I can't speak for anyone else, I acknowledge that showmanship and mic skills are crucial (which is why it's funny when they push a guy like Roman Reigns, who I think has less charisma than Bryan) but I also like a great wrestler every now and then. Bryan could tell a story in the ring, which I think people are ignoring. It's why I've always liked Cesaro. And for a few weeks, people around here will say how good he is. Then they go back to bashing him because he isn't The Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back