PWD 501: TV Ratings and PPV Buys (No One Cares... Except Struggle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THis is going to turn into the exact debates about cm punk where I make the point to @TheStruggle that cm punk had the best matches for a long stretch of time and you’ll never admit it or even admit he had good matches during that time frame.

So I’ll just say this - I don’t care if you don’t like DB. That’s totally reasonable to say I hate his promo style and the way he jumps to the ring and his stupid beard. That would be all fine with me, people have their preference. But it’s disingenuous to say he doesn’t have charisma when he had the biggest reactions we had seen in over a decade. It also comes off as very biased to blame DB for low buy rates when it was painfully obvious the product was bad and going downhill regardless of Bryan.

It’s okay to not like something and at the same time recognize that there are in fact good qualities about that thing.

Daniel Bryan should be removed as SD commissioner or whatever he is. Dude is boring to listen to and botches his lines every week.

THis is going to turn into the exact debates about cm punk where I make the point to @TheStruggle that cm punk had the best matches for a long stretch of time and you’ll never admit it or even admit he had good matches during that time frame.

So I’ll just say this - I don’t care if you don’t like DB. That’s totally reasonable to say I hate his promo style and the way he jumps to the ring and his stupid beard. That would be all fine with me, people have their preference. But it’s disingenuous to say he doesn’t have charisma when he had the biggest reactions we had seen in over a decade. It also comes off as very biased to blame DB for low buy rates when it was painfully obvious the product was bad and going downhill regardless of Bryan.

It’s okay to not like something and at the same time recognize that there are in fact good qualities about that thing.

Who in the blue hell are you and what have you done with full lakersfan?

PPV buyrate discussion...

sleepy-cat.gif

even Vince McMahon doesn't care about buys or ratings anymore

as long as the money is coming in he can retire on his private island guarded by Shawn Michaels look alikes

I don't think Bryan can be critiqued at all regarding his time as champion(buy rates/tickets/merch, etc). He didn't have a chance to see what he could do as champion due to injuries cutting his reign short. His world title run I don't even count because that was a clear second tier title when he held it.

Bryan can be very entertaining and can cut very good promos. He's clearly great In the ring and his style, while reckless and ultimately shortening/ending his career, was a style that led one to believe he could compete with much bigger guys. His stuff with Kane was some of the funniest stuff ever. He was not a Dean Malenko type wrestling robot that had no iota of charisma. I'm not saying he's a legend or an all-time great or anything but it's hard to argue that the run from summerslam to wm 30 wasn't some of the best story work the wwe has done in the last 15yrs or so.

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and the their SJW fanbase killed the business. Fight Me IRL

giphy.gif

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and the their SJW fanbase killed the business. Fight Me IRL

giphy.gif

I'd put CM Punk higher up the poop pile than Bryan. CM Punk always seemed like a douche IRL and took himself too seriously.

Not sure why they are splitting Hype bros up. No one will care about either of them apart (not that anyone cares with them together).

Carmella in the one piece is actually pretty sexy. She has nice legs.

What in the fuck is going on in here?!? Everyone shut the hell up NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back