PWD 512: Bring back SHFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
risking spoilers to even just come in to this forum, but I'm catching up on Takeover now and I just had to say I fucking lost my shit when

Ember won the title. I figured Kairi was a lock. But more I think about it, she was the only one who shouldn't have won. Ember or Nikki only ones with reasonable bridge from Asuka to now - having taken her to the limit; Royce obviously just for the heel heat of the low totem pole heel winning the top title after Asuka. Kairi needs the climb after her clean sweep of the MYC, or else how can she really do her underdog spots every match. And I'll just say it ... Ember has the most scintillating finisher in all of WWE (until Ricochet signs, assuming they let him do the 630)

She just needs to add a couple credible alternate finishers ... like a submission and maybe a pinning combination, to make it less obvious when the Eclipse is coming.

NXT Takeover was good. NXT is hitting its stride again.

@Wrath of Foamy

ron-simmons-05.jpg

Legend.

A forgotten gimmick, I was scared of him as a child and was rooting for Marc Mero. Five year old me popped hard when he got the brick handbag.

Watched him smash jobbers a few months back. His Dominator was beautiful...

When you’re in the deer stand waiting on that 12 point to walk out. That bastard is gonna be on my wall soon

Lars Sullivan V Kassius Ohno was good, not great. Lars still seems a bit green but he seems to have a good head and handles himself well. I'd like him to find a better finisher though, maybe something involving strangulation. I wish Ohno would wear something a little more flattering and sort his physique out, because he is fantastic.

Alistair Black V Velveteen Dream was a major accomplishment for Dream, who must have turned a lot of heads with his breakthrough performance. The right guy won here though, as Black can be a huge star on any roster that he is put on. He should be pushed to the moon, and made to say as little as possible.

The woman's title match was four women putting their all and throwing caution to the wind. They all performed well, Royce is over, Sane looked to be in agony after taking a particularly violent superplex and the right woman won. I like Sane as a babyface but she doesn't need it at all, at least not yet. Moon has worked hard and been a part of some great matches. She deserves it and has the wrestling chops to keep the title strong.

Drew McIntyre V Andrade "Cien" Alma's surprised me, but I am happy for Cien, as few on the roster deserve it more. He consistently puts on excellent wrestling matches and now with Vega managing him, seems like a perfect package. McIntyre is a machine in the ring and more than looks the part, but he keeps being beaten up by people have his size, when he should be headbutting and tossing them around.

Watching War Games now.

Man Takeover was great last night. War Games itself fell just a taddddd flat for me but it had some good moments.

risking spoilers to even just come in to this forum, but I'm catching up on Takeover now and I just had to say I fucking lost my shit when

Ember won the title. I figured Kairi was a lock. But more I think about it, she was the only one who shouldn't have won. Ember or Nikki only ones with reasonable bridge from Asuka to now - having taken her to the limit; Royce obviously just for the heel heat of the low totem pole heel winning the top title after Asuka. Kairi needs the climb after her clean sweep of the MYC, or else how can she really do her underdog spots every match. And I'll just say it ... Ember has the most scintillating finisher in all of WWE (until Ricochet signs, assuming they let him do the 630)

She just needs to add a couple credible alternate finishers ... like a submission and maybe a pinning combination, to make it less obvious when the Eclipse is coming.

Ember was absolutely the right call to win the strap.

I like Kairi but she is not Asuka. She is a small underdog and doesn't need a win streak or to dominate. Nikki Cross hasn't evolved enough from being insane and Peyton just isn't stylistically ready or built to be a champion.

Ember has the record, the presentation and the finisher. Absolutely the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back