Q&A on Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why i hardly read this thread anymore, the bar girl section was a bit ridiculous but neccesary i think... the rest of the bull shit on this thread makes me sick... i wish i could teep the shit out of most the people posting here

its like most of the questions that come up are things i checked out on google before my first trip. sherdog is NOT a god damn search engine. people should do research first, and if they have a camp related question, or area specific, etc be my guest. but all this bull shit about visa runs and everything... go look yourself

also good for douchebags that dont want to do their own research, check out MuayThaiLand - Living and Training at Authentic Muay Thai Boxing Camps in Thailand (as stated before many times) its full of information about everything people ask on here and is a fun forum as well not moderated by douche bags rubbing their e-cock. (no offense stand up mods are fine by me : )

I agree about the bar girl thing, I dont really need to know about peoples sex lives. Outside of that one comment, what practical information are you offering? Everyone on here knows how to Google and most probably know about the website your linking to.

You probably only came to Thailand for a couple weeks so your not concerned about Visa issues. Being Thailand requires all visitors to have a Visa its a pretty important issue for any traveler. I have up to the minute detailed information about Visas that I'm writing about here for free, if your not interested no problem, ignore it.

Myself, I'm a little bit bored of people like you posting this kind of tough guy highly critical nonsense, talk about hypocritical. "I dont like tough guy e-peen contests! My peen is larger than a African Elephants, everybody else needs to STFU, read my writing, I'm very important!"

Bryan Lee has some serious thoughts being projected in this thread. Where abouts are you in Isaan?

Bryan Lee has some serious thoughts being projected in this thread. Where abouts are you in Isaan?

I'm in Khon Kaen, been here for three years, well into my eighth year in Thailand. I'm heading out the door to go to our local club which is not Muay Thai but a Judo Club. One of the instructors there is also the head of local High School Sports and teaches Muay Thai. I'm a very old white belt, long time grappler but I have never tested for any belt, maybe later. Were trying to get a Jiu Jitsu program going here and Jiu Jitsu is starting to take off in Bangkok & Phuket.

How often are there fights in Lumpini stadium? Thanks.

A Japanese guy is running Rompo, the ever colorful Pek is currently AWOL in Klong Toey, most likely he is loosing money gambling on his favorite game which is the Thai version of Chess. He seems to really suck at it but loves the game and loves to bet it on more than anything.

Faisal is opening a old gym back up in Bangkok. He has been hard at work the last few months fixing everything and the last pictures I saw a few days ago it looked really good. The place had gotten run down and he fixed the bathrooms and poured a bunch of new concrete. If anyone is thinking of coming over an you weigh more than 80 Kilo you may want to talk to him about training there because he is set up for training big guys being he himself is a big guy.

Everyone is saying Pek is AWOL but I ran into him the other day and he has a new gym on sukumvit 24. he gave me his business card which i lost but the gym is right across the street from tops. asked a friend and he says the place is good. Either he's been making some good money on that checkerboard game or he found a dumb foreign invester to pay for his gym.

Where is Faisal opening up his gym? And do you know how far he is from opening?

Everyone is saying Pek is AWOL but I ran into him the other day and he has a new gym on sukumvit 24. he gave me his business card which i lost but the gym is right across the street from tops. asked a friend and he says the place is good. Either he's been making some good money on that checkerboard game or he found a dumb foreign invester to pay for his gym.

Where is Faisal opening up his gym? And do you know how far he is from opening?

That's good news about Pek, He is one of the most entertaining guys I have ever been around. If you see him again get his info and send me a PM, next time I'm in Bangkok I will go see him.

Faisal's gym is called Diamond Fighting Muay Thai and is at Ramkhamhaeng, I think down Soi 3, but I have never been there. I can call them tomorrow and get you some contact information. They are open now as far as I know and I understand the work is either finished or close to it. I got a message from his wife Caitalin earlier today saying they were working on a website this week so it should be up soon.

How many Kilos are you fighting at? PM your phone number and I will call you,,,

That's good news about Pek, He is one of the most entertaining guys I have ever been around. If you see him again get his info and send me a PM, next time I'm in Bangkok I will go see him.

Faisal's gym is called Diamond Fighting Muay Thai and is at Ramkhamhaeng, I think down Soi 3, but I have never been there. I can call them tomorrow and get you some contact information. They are open now as far as I know and I understand the work is either finished or close to it. I got a message from his wife Caitalin earlier today saying they were working on a website this week so it should be up soon.

How many Kilos are you fighting at? PM your phone number and I will call you,,,

Yeah I will for sure. Pek is definitely colorful, I was lucky enough to be there when him and the new japanese owner of rompo brawl it out peks last day there. pek landed about 5 clean shots but kanda has a good chin. it got broke up before anything crazy happened but man pek still has some speed.

Nice i'll have to head down to Faisals place next time i'm out here. Man i'm going back to the states in 5 days after almost 7 years here now. but i'll let you know when i'm back out here around may-june. Looks like we know alot of the same people, I used to train and hang with all the old rompo cats like ramazan, dzabar, tomas, shuki. Only met Faisal a couple times.

I fought at 90kg 2 months ago, should be around the same when i'm back. i'll let you know and thanks for the info on his gym. going to check it out next time for sure

Yeah I will for sure. Pek is definitely colorful, I was lucky enough to be there when him and the new japanese owner of rompo brawl it out peks last day there. pek landed about 5 clean shots but kanda has a good chin. it got broke up before anything crazy happened but man pek still has some speed.

Nice i'll have to head down to Faisals place next time i'm out here. Man i'm going back to the states in 5 days after almost 7 years here now. but i'll let you know when i'm back out here around may-june. Looks like we know alot of the same people, I used to train and hang with all the old rompo cats like ramazan, dzabar, tomas, shuki. Only met Faisal a couple times.

I fought at 90kg 2 months ago, should be around the same when i'm back. i'll let you know and thanks for the info on his gym. going to check it out next time for sure

I would have loved to seen Pek pop the Japanese guy on the chin, that would be like the best youtube video ever! Was anyone else around when it went off? Who broke up the fight? That is classic Muay Thai, The gym owner punching people in a argument. A guy up here sponsored some fighters and the first time he went to a fight there was a shoot out and he was to scared to ever go back,,,,,, classic.

Ramazan and Dzhabar are both fighting in Bangkok on the 16th. I got a email from Dzhabar yesterday but I dont think I will make it down for the fight unless its a last minute thing.

Where is Shuki? Yoshi is back in Georgia, we talk on the phone but he never posts anything on the net.

Hi Bryan Lee

I'm hoping you can help as one of your post's mentioned you know alot about Visa's
I've googled what i need for a 30 day Visa which just seem's to mention a return ticket and money in an acount,

But i can't seem to find out how to apply 90 day visa as im planning on being in Thailand for 3 months do you know what i would need to apply for one and do can you recomend a site to apply for one im in the UK if that makes any difference,

Would rather see if i can get a 3 month visa rather than the 30 day visa as i heard the rules have changed and you can only get the 30 day visa extended by 15 days which would be a bit of a pain as i would miss quite a few training days having to go back and forth out of the country.

Thanks.

Hi Bryan Lee

I'm hoping you can help as one of your post's mentioned you know alot about Visa's
I've googled what i need for a 30 day Visa which just seem's to mention a return ticket and money in an acount,

But i can't seem to find out how to apply 90 day visa as im planning on being in Thailand for 3 months do you know what i would need to apply for one and do can you recomend a site to apply for one im in the UK if that makes any difference,

Would rather see if i can get a 3 month visa rather than the 30 day visa as i heard the rules have changed and you can only get the 30 day visa extended by 15 days which would be a bit of a pain as i would miss quite a few training days having to go back and forth out of the country.

Thanks.

The easiest thing you can do is apply at Hull in England and get a one year multiple entry Tourist Visa but I'm not sure if that's the cheapest. A one year Visa lets you stay 90 days then you have to go to the border, stamp out, then you can renter on the same visa for another 90 days. Its good up until the very last day meaning you could show back up the day before the Visa expires and you can enter and get another 90 days, basicly you can use one Visa for 5 seperate 90 day entries.

You should also be able to apply for a 60 day Tourist Visa in England which can be extended for 30 days in Thailand. One thing I know for sure is you are much better off to get a Visa in England before you get here if you want to stay longer than thirty days. Let me make a couple couple calls and I will give you a better up to date answer via some English guys I know.

I agree about the bar girl thing, I dont really need to know about peoples sex lives. Outside of that one comment, what practical information are you offering? Everyone on here knows how to Google and most probably know about the website your linking to.

You probably only came to Thailand for a couple weeks so your not concerned about Visa issues. Being Thailand requires all visitors to have a Visa its a pretty important issue for any traveler. I have up to the minute detailed information about Visas that I'm writing about here for free, if your not interested no problem, ignore it.

Myself, I'm a little bit bored of people like you posting this kind of tough guy highly critical nonsense, talk about hypocritical. "I dont like tough guy e-peen contests! My peen is larger than a African Elephants, everybody else needs to STFU, read my writing, I'm very important!"

acually dick head i got my 6 month visa by calling a thai consulate... im glad you have lived in thailand a long time, i hope to do the same, but if you want to go on answering retarded questions be my guest...

i offer insight to young people traveling to thailand alone for their first time... and how to choose the right area/camp for them... you may not have seen here on the thread but have helped a number of people out via private message.

anyways im done ranting and not going to post here anymore unless i have a serious question... have fun stroking your e cock, our high and mighty bryan lee

I would have loved to seen Pek pop the Japanese guy on the chin, that would be like the best youtube video ever! Was anyone else around when it went off? Who broke up the fight? That is classic Muay Thai, The gym owner punching people in a argument. A guy up here sponsored some fighters and the first time he went to a fight there was a shoot out and he was to scared to ever go back,,,,,, classic.

Ramazan and Dzhabar are both fighting in Bangkok on the 16th. I got a email from Dzhabar yesterday but I dont think I will make it down for the fight unless its a last minute thing.

Where is Shuki? Yoshi is back in Georgia, we talk on the phone but he never posts anything on the net.

Yep it was comedy gold. Shuki and i think two of the trainers broke it up.Tomas and dimitri might have also been there i can't really remember.. as well as this italian family. Pek/Kanda were yelling back and forth for a good hour before it all went down. They both said some pretty nasty things to eachother. It started about money and ended up dissing eachothers mommas lol. There was a cute young aussie chick who is a photographer and came to take pictures of the training. it was her first time in a muay thai gym and the brawl happened like 10 minutes after she came. everyone went back to normal after about 2 minutes and everyone went back to training, but pek was still out in the lot being restrained by his driver and yelling threats.

Last I saw Shuki was about 3 months ago at rompo. I think he just had another no gloves fight a few weeks ago and won it.

Hoping to go to the ramazan/dzabar fight not sure yet though.

Yep it was comedy gold. Shuki and i think two of the trainers broke it up.Tomas and dimitri might have also been there i can't really remember.. as well as this italian family. Pek/Kanda were yelling back and forth for a good hour before it all went down. They both said some pretty nasty things to eachother. It started about money and ended up dissing eachothers mommas lol. There was a cute young aussie chick who is a photographer and came to take pictures of the training. it was her first time in a muay thai gym and the brawl happened like 10 minutes after she came. everyone went back to normal after about 2 minutes and everyone went back to training, but pek was still out in the lot being restrained by his driver and yelling threats.

Last I saw Shuki was about 3 months ago at rompo. I think he just had another no gloves fight a few weeks ago and won it.

Hoping to go to the ramazan/dzabar fight not sure yet though.

Dude, your killing me with the story about Pek, I can see it all clear in my head exactly like your saying, Im LMMFAO! I would have loved to seen the expression on the Photographer Girls face if that was her first rodeo in Thailand!

I cant find Shukis phone number, if you have it or find it send it to me. Yoshi or Tomas told me he was working at another place around Klong Toey but I'm not sure, I hope he is doing well, I have not seen him in a couple years and would like to have him come up sometime.

Hi Bryan Lee

Thanks.

Here is the basic contact information for Hull. That's your best bet by far, If you contact them now you may be able to get a 60 day Tourist Visa for free until March 10th. The biggest problem is the Visa situation changes month to month. Tourism is way off so they may renew the free Tourist Visa program but you never know with the Government here.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/q-visa-thailand-1131919/#post35802804

Thanks for the help Bryan Lee

Will take a look at the link now , and also enquire about tourist visa's and year Visa's , seems like so much planning ha! just can't wait to get out of the Uk away from my crappy Desk job and do something i actually enjoy!

Thanks for the help Bryan Lee

Will take a look at the link now , and also enquire about tourist visa's and year Visa's , seems like so much planning ha! just can't wait to get out of the Uk away from my crappy Desk job and do something i actually enjoy!

What time of the year will you visit? The Visa thing can be a major drag, its best to keep asking and asking because they are always changing the rules.

I'm hoping to go 1st of March till 31st of May just taking a quick look at the site now, will have a better look tomorrow when im in work, thanks for the tip hopefully once i can get a visa done i'll have less to worry about!

Do you train full time in Thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back