Q&A on Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to go 1st of March till 31st of May just taking a quick look at the site now, will have a better look tomorrow when im in work, thanks for the tip hopefully once i can get a visa done i'll have less to worry about!

Do you train full time in Thailand?

Im not a pro fighter, Muay Thai is a part of my life, something I'm involved with on many levels. That said, we have a Judo club with a full size Olympic mat and I work out of that, its two separate clubs at one location.

Ahh right, Where is that based in Relationship to Phuket?

Thanks for the help with the Visa's just printed the forms off and am currently filling them in at work along with my resignation letter, can't stop grinning while im at work!:icon_chee

I didn't know there was much demand for Judo over there but i guess i only know what i've read about thailand and im guessing i'll learn alot from being in thailand soon.

well guys, I've been in Thailand over 5 months now, and I have to say, I've really hit a wall in training. Last month I fought in Chiang Mai and that was an awesome experience, but now I'm just feeling really flat in training, I'm not as eager to get better as I was before, overall my head is just really not in it at the moment. Right now I'm at Keatkhamtorn gym in Bangkok, and it is a world class gym, absolutely fantastic, but for some reason I just can't get into things. I haven't really taken any time to enjoy Thailand itself since I've been here, just been to a few bars basically, so I think I may be wrapping up my training for this trip, or at least putting it on hiatus for a while, to do a little touristy shit and then figure out what on earth I'm gonna do with my life when I get home.

well guys, I've been in Thailand over 5 months now, and I have to say, I've really hit a wall in training. Last month I fought in Chiang Mai and that was an awesome experience, but now I'm just feeling really flat in training, I'm not as eager to get better as I was before, overall my head is just really not in it at the moment. Right now I'm at Keatkhamtorn gym in Bangkok, and it is a world class gym, absolutely fantastic, but for some reason I just can't get into things. I haven't really taken any time to enjoy Thailand itself since I've been here, just been to a few bars basically, so I think I may be wrapping up my training for this trip, or at least putting it on hiatus for a while, to do a little touristy shit and then figure out what on earth I'm gonna do with my life when I get home.

Keatkhamtorn is an awesome place. I loved it there. Lai still calls me and my girlfriend now that we're back in the United States. The shirt hanging up that says "Phil Johnson's Strength and Conditioning" is the shirt I traded with Jakae before leaving. If you're still there tell Lai that Jake says hi.

What you need is a break. You've been there 5 months and haven't done much. Go out and see the islands in the south like Phuket, Samui, and Phi Phi. Everyone needs some down time. Don't pass all the miss out on all the beauty and splendid wonder that Thailand has to offer.

anyways im done ranting and not going to post here anymore unless i have a serious question... have fun stroking your e cock, our high and mighty bryan lee

tell someone who gives a shit dude.

and the last comment you wanted to leave in this thread is about brians e cock? shows where your head is man :redface:

I know exactly how you feel man. Take a week or two off from training and have some fun. After 3-4 days I start to feel like i'm going through physical withdrawls from training. It's the best feeling ever getting back into it. But it sounds like you just got a little burnt out and need some rest/fun for you head. Take calis advice and head down south or spend a week binging in BKK whatever you feel.

yeah take a break....you might get shit from some people about not training or whatever, but it's your life and your trip. There's a ton of stuff to do in see in thailand outside of a gym. You might only ever come here once, so make the most of it while you have the chance.

Has anyone trained at Siam Number One in Chiang Mai?

yeah i was there in october. As far as i know most of the kids left, i think there's only two still training there. Both of the trainers are really good though. Lots of nice people around that area, i had a good time when i was there. If you want to fight, you can get fights every couple weeks if you wanted

Ahh right, Where is that based in Relationship to Phuket?

Thanks for the help with the Visa's just printed the forms off and am currently filling them in at work along with my resignation letter, can't stop grinning while im at work!:icon_chee

I didn't know there was much demand for Judo over there but i guess i only know what i've read about thailand and im guessing i'll learn alot from being in thailand soon.

Im 4 or 5 hours northeast of Bangkok in a major city. Glad I could help with the Visa thing, its a major pain in the ass for everybody.

Every country has Judo because its an Olympic Sport. Where we work out now is the Regional Olympic Training Center so its really nice compared to many places.

There is Jiu Jitsu in Bangkok at several places and we are starting Jiu Jitsu here but its a tough deal to get started. Were lucky to have what we have as a couple years ago we did not have anything.

You can burn out in Thailand without training. Its a total culture shock and your without any support system that you would have at home. Take a few days off and go hang out with some friends somewhere. Ayutthaya is a easy day trip from Bangkok by train or bus, they have all kinds of tourist trips for Thais to go there, you can go and walk for miles and miles on the Island, there are a few cheep guest houses too if you want a overnight. You can take a river barge up and bus back too, the river is a nice cruise.

Hey guys, my friend is going to Thailand to train at Windy Sport/Muay Thai plaza in a couple months right after his birthday. He's trained at that gym before when he came to Thailand for two weeks when Samkor and Saiyok were there and he really liked it.

He's going back for a much longer visit and insists he is going to stay at the exact same gym for his whole vacation. I suggested some other gyms he might wanna check out, but i'm pretty sure he's set on staying at MTP.

I'm rambling. Anyway, I wanna give a birthday gift that would be useful for him in Thailand. Maybe like a Thai phrase book or something? Or some whiskey he can gift to his trainers?

Every country has Judo because its an Olympic Sport. Where we work out now is the Regional Olympic Training Center so its really nice compared to many places.

QUOTE]

Just curious but I like to cross train Judo. i doubt the next time I would have time, but do you have any suggestions where to train Judo in BKK?

Just curious but I like to cross train Judo. i doubt the next time I would have time, but do you have any suggestions where to train Judo in BKK?

The Olympic Judo Office is around National Stadium somewhere. I have never been there but one of my friends was a instructor there for a few years. There are several locations in Bangkok that train Judo and all the major Universities should have Judo too, they are usually cool about guests. The Japanese trained a bunch of instructors for Thailand and really built the programs up pretty good.

Do you know when you are coming or where exactly? I could make a couple phone calls for you when your here. There are several Jiu Jitsu programs going in Bangkok now too, a couple in Chiang Mai and one for sure in Phuket, maybe two in Phuket.

Its definitely probably been discussed in this thread but im planning on heading to Thailand in about 2 months and when in Bangkok i'd like to attend a Muay Thai event. How much money would I be looking at to attend and how often are events held there?

Secondly, of all the islands like Samui, Phuket, Phi Phi etc. which would you recommend?

Someone mentioned something about helping with getting visa for thailand, please explain more.

I hear Ramkamhaeng University has a pretty big judo program, biggest out of all the other universities in Bangkok.

Its definitely probably been discussed in this thread but im planning on heading to Thailand in about 2 months and when in Bangkok i'd like to attend a Muay Thai event. How much money would I be looking at to attend and how often are events held there?

Secondly, of all the islands like Samui, Phuket, Phi Phi etc. which would you recommend?

depends where you go....chiang mai is like 450 to 600, bangkok i hear is like 1000 to 2000, i just went in patong and it was 800.

Phuket isn't an island. Phi Phi i hated personally. koh tao is really nice. real laid back feel, but you can go party if you want to. lots of diving there if your into that.

Phuket isn't an island?

around-phuket.gif

How is phucket not an Island? Just because in Thai they dropped the "ko" doesn't mean it's not an island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back