Quebec passes bill banning niqab, burka while receiving public services

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
MONTREAL – Niqab-wearing Quebec women who want to ride the bus, visit the library, go for a medical check-up or meet with their child’s teacher are now legally required to uncover their faces while receiving provincial and municipal government services... Full Article HERE...

What do you all think? I think that it is fair. People don't need to be bigots, but they also don't need to bend over backwards for other cultures. This is not an unreasonable law and there is nothing wrong with one culture asking the other to meet in the middle on certain standards.

Canada already has laws prohibiting masks. This just seems like a natural extension of that.

The Québécois can be such wonderful progressives in many ways but Islamophobia guided legislation like this will never be ok. They're telling all little Muslim boys and girls that their culture is inferior and not to be expressed in public

Great news, glad we still have a little common sense left.

The Québécois can be such wonderful progressives in many ways but Islamophobia guided legislation like this will never be ok. They're telling all little Muslim boys and girls that their culture is inferior and not to be expressed in public

Obvious troll is obvious.

What was your last account?

Anything covering the face in a public setting is a security risk

Sounds good wear what you want just don't cover your face.

Islamic culture is inferior to secular, pluralistic society. This is surreal, it's like christians of the 14th century hit a time warp, and want to keep putting their women in chastity belts....

Islamic culture is inferior to secular, pluralistic society. This is surreal, it's like christians of the 14th century hit a time warp, and want to keep putting their women in chastity belts....

If it is so inferior, why is it winning? It has won over the heart of the PM of Canada. The opposite cannot be said. Islam still thinks Canada and the West is a joke.

That's right, Jay.

Invite anyone to attempt to show how Islamic culture comes close to democracies or republics of any kind. I also welcome anyone to show how these Muslims who keep their wives and daughters in bags all day are dissenting ethicists in any fashion, and not simply people following the dictates of a savage.

If it is so inferior, why is it winning? It has won over the heart of the PM of Canada. The opposite cannot be said. Islam still thinks Canada and the West is a joke.

A. Stockholm syndrome by "progressives"
B. Birth rates

It is. This is a good thing.

Wouldn't be necessary if you didn't allow these people to immigrate to your country in the first place.

You can ban the burka but you can't ban the Islamist you already granted refugee status.

MONTREAL – Niqab-wearing Quebec women who want to ride the bus, visit the library, go for a medical check-up or meet with their child’s teacher are now legally required to uncover their faces while receiving provincial and municipal government services... Full Article HERE...

What do you all think? I think that it is fair. People don't need to be bigots, but they also don't need to bend over backwards for other cultures. This is not an unreasonable law and there is nothing wrong with one culture asking the other to meet in the middle on certain standards.

I'm not commenting on this topic, and I think I've asked you this before, but can you explain your avatar? Unless there is some cultural significance, it seems super rapey, so I'm guessing there is cultural significance...?

Back