Quebec's French-language watchdog agency will no longer bans "grilled cheese" and "cocktails" | Page 6

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Arkain2K, Sep 21, 2017.

1. TheWorm Black Belt

TheWorm
    I look forward to the day that enough immigration wipes out the Québécois culture.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  2. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
    Really, you are repeatedly quoting me to copy / paste your own posts ?

It is like a 10 year-old trolling. Or like a little dog that keeps on barking.

3. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

@Bald1 you and I have had many conversations on Québec separatism.

The post above I am quoting, as well as all the shit I have had to read ITT sums up, I believe, the opinion and attitude of a sizable portion of North-Americans towards us, our language and our culture.

It is one of the reason why we tend to hate Americans (including Anglo-Canadians, who are really just Americans), and why we want to just be left alone.

It is also this type of ignorance and attitude that explains why Americans are hated all around the world.

4. nefti Red Belt

nefti
    The government is going to flood your province with enough arabs. The good thing is that you will still be speaking french with an accent, a Morocco/algeria/tunisia accent.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  5. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    We have to have this shit because everyone under 30 is a spineless, whiny cunt.

Curmudgeon likes this.
  6. JonesBones Gold Belt

JonesBones

They are very insecure. One of the reasons English is so successful is how much it incorporates other cultures. Adapt or die and English is good at adapting. There did used to be some stuffy old English guys who wanted to clean up English hundreds of years ago. I think John Locke was one of them. Samuel Johnson. Johnson is fuckin hilarious. lol. Very witty. Some women asked why he left bad words out of the dictionary and he said ,"cuz you would look for them".

Johnson authored the first comprehensive dictionary of English, Dictionary of the English Language, which was first published in 1755. The scope and quality of this work was impressive, covering about 42,000 entries with over 114,000 supporting quotations. The scholarship of his work aside, Johnson was quite the character, and his personality and self-deprecating, dry sense of humor shine through his dictionary definitions.

Johnson further editorializes in his definition for oats: “a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.” This was not a new joke, and had been used in two of Johnson’s sources Anatomy of Melancholy and Gardener’s Dictionary from the 17th and 18th centuries, respectively. He also pokes fun at the French in his definition for Monsieur: “A term of reproach for a Frenchman.”

He fuckin hated Americans too lol

[​IMG]

Kafir-kun and Sohei like this.
  7. TheWorm Black Belt

TheWorm
    How about this: you guys keep your language and culture, and Quebec stops receiving equalization payments? I’d be cool with that.

Kafir-kun and Curmudgeon like this.
  8. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
    Yeah like Québec is the only province getting those. It s only like 2% of Québec s GDP btw.

9. nefti Red Belt

nefti
    What culture is this? What is so special about their culture other than the horrible French they speak?

10. SaiWa Purple Belt

SaiWa
    Horrible French is very subjective. I am sure the British poo-poos our version of the English language.

Quebec French isn’t that terrible IMO. And this is coming from someone who was raised in France (French was my first language).

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP likes this.
  11. SaiWa Purple Belt

SaiWa
    Oh and I learned how to speak and write in English in less than a year after moving to Australia.

The fact that an estimated 45% of English words were borrowed from French might have something to do with how easy it was for me to learn it.

12. nefti Red Belt

nefti
    Fair enough, to say that this weird accent dwindling would somehow endanger French is imho nonsense.

13. Curmudgeon Purple Belt

Curmudgeon
    Much victim. Such oppressed. Many whine.

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP, TheWorm and Kafir-kun like this.
  14. Kafir-kun Gold Belt

Kafir-kun
    It will be a blow to the people of Quebec, at least in their minds. Personally I don't care for French and I think the obsession with it in Quebec is kind of silly but its not as if I don't get it at all. People like and want to preserve their culture and language is a central part of culture.

15. Kafir-kun Gold Belt

Kafir-kun
    Maybe not but I bet your the only province with a state sponsored language watchdog body and a contempt for the rest of Canadian culture as evidenced by your own post ITT
    Want to be left alone eh? Top kek, then deny the equalization payments.

Curmudgeon and TheWorm like this.
  16. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Arrow sash belt with Lederhosen

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
    Lol bunch of cunts itt, except the couple of guys that actually get it.