Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Miracle (1989)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Innuendo (1991)

• Made in Heaven (1995)

• Total voters
Then the year after Hetfield got to do this for the Freddie Memorial Concert, remember watching the concert live on TV

Content is not available in my country. What song(s) were they singing?

Content is not available in my country. What song(s) were they singing?
Its Hetfield with Tony Iommi and the rest of Queen doing Stone Cold Crazy during the Freddie Concert

My fav:

Mad underrated:

Brian May being an actual astrophysicist puts him near the very top in the list of most versatile cunts ever

Fat Bottom Girls or Bicycle Race.

Freddie was a great singer but i couldn't watch Queen live as he was too embarrassing.
All the stupid stereotypically lead singer poses, totally cringeworthy.
The silly thing is so many people seem to view all this prancing around as something only the truly great frontmen could do. Really?
Live Freddie was so fake as a persona. In interviews he was never honest or himself. It was mainly darling this or darling that, he never gave a decent honest real interview, well not what i've seen.

Great studio band. They were my favourite band in the world for about 20 yrs or so. Like i've said in the past i even have a Queen tattoo of their crest on my torso. Fantastic!
But Freddie was a joke live, not his voice but his antics.

Impossible to choose. I grew up with Queen, both my parents are fans. Freddie is the rock vocals GOAT. Maybe even GOAT singer. Such a shame he passed away so early in his life... :(

Can't pick a favorite, but here's a classic music video:

They were absolute masters of the music video BTW. Nobody did it better. Ever. Just look at these gems.

Greatest male singer ever. IMO.

Freddie was a great singer but i couldn't watch Queen live as he was too embarrassing.
The silly thing is so many people seem to view all this prancing around as something only the truly great frontmen could do. Really?
Live Freddie was so fake as a persona. In interviews he was never honest or himself. It was mainly darling this or darling that, he never gave a decent honest real interview, well not what i've seen.

Great studio band. They were my favourite band in the world for about 20 yrs or so. Like i've said in the past i even have a Queen tattoo of their crest on my torso. Fantastic!

Yeah, I would imagine Freddy's style was a bit dramatic (which is not surprising), but I definitely would have wanted to see the original Queen perform live. There is really no signer in popular music that could carry a note better (although Steve Perry from Journey was pretty close).

Flamboyancy was what Queen was all about. The over the top antics were part of the show. The falsetto vocals, whimsical musical breaks- it all fits in with Freddie's persona.

Did any of you guys see the movie? It was pretty great.. better than I expected.

Ha, Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon / I'm In Love With My Car, but really anything and everything up to Jazz. From there, they lost me.

Did any of you guys see the movie? It was pretty great.. better than I expected.
Ya, I don't go to movies, but it was actually very good. Casting nailed it with the rest of the band, even Deacon's Art Garfunkel period.
Thy goofed on the timeline, though. The movie flashed to 1980, Freddy had his 'stache and the whole nine yards, late as usual for band rehearsal, and Brian May was talking about writing We Will Rock You. That album came out in 77.

Last edited:
Hard to single out a favorite album, let alone song. But Fat Bottomed Girls gets the nod. Could've also gone to I'm in love with my car, though.

I grew up on Queen, It's a kind of magic was the first LP I bought as a kid and I played that record every single day.

I love singing queen songs in my car whole driving really fast

Queen are a bunch of queefy, melodramatic homos. I could do without them, tbh.

This is terribly sad, but shows how much of a perfectionist Freddy was till the end!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back