Quentin Tarantino or Christopher Nolan?

?

• Total voters

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Which director's movies do you enjoy more? Who is better?

Tarantino for me, enjoy both but I think his work is much more unique with less compromise.

Tarantino has done more that I have loved but Nolan is amazing as well. Tough call.

Tarantino.

Nolan dresses & acts the part of the Very Important Director more, but Quentin is the realer deal.

Both great though

While I'm a big fan of Memento and the 1st 2 Batman movies. Quentin shits all over everything else Nolan has done. He might be getting a bit stale/played out now, but Tarantino has made so many iconic films with so many classic moments with quotable scenes that will be around forever.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-21-at-13.05.03.png

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24955-1415736493-4.gif

giphy.gif

I like the dark knight the most but after that it's all Tarantino. Nolan has a few movies I like but overall Taratino has the better resume. Cant wait for his new film next year.

While I'm a big fan of Memento and the 1st 2 Batman movies. Quentin shits all over everything else Nolan has done. He might be getting a bit stale/played out now, but Tarantino has made so many iconic films with so many classic moments with quotable scenes that will be around forever.
What about Dunkirk?

Tarantino is a fucking hack and all his work is shit

Quarantine is much more creative and his screenplays are second to none. However Nolan is above all others as well.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-21-at-13.05.03.png

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24955-1415736493-4.gif

giphy.gif
aldoraine-killingnazis.gif

Nolan doesn't just emulate exploitation B-films all day, edge Nolan

Tarantino by far. Haven't really rated a Nolan film highly since Memento tbh. I guess Insomnia and Prestige were ok though tbf

They're different styles.
Tarantino for dialogue and drama.
Nolan for suspense and thrillers.

Nolan has ventured into different genres with a more diverse style.
For Tarantino, when he does a film it's usually the same setting and style, be it western or crime. That shouldn't be held against him though.

I'll side with Tarantino. He's simply a better film maker. His films have better dialogue, are well paced with good character development. He has a traditional and unique style not used by modern directors because they rather not take the risks he takes. And Tarantino does it to perfection.

Tarantino by far. Haven't really rated a Nolan film highly since Memento tbh. I guess Insomnia and Prestige were ok though tbf

I do think he's suffered more form having to play to a mass market, his thrillers got progressively less interesting and his blockbusters whilst they have some great moments to them struggle to really hold together as true classics(besides perhaps The Dark Knight although even that wasn't perfect for me).

Tarantino stuck to his guns far more after his breakthough IMHO and it was only really with the emergence of the McDonagh brothers that I think anyone was producing similar work at the same kind of level, so many attempts at copying his style, so many failures until In Bruges. I would say partly because theres a lot of heart/intelligence to his films than their appears, something like the likes of Guy Ritchie were never close to.

Prestige is one of the best movies ever.
But then so is kill Bill volume 2.

The dark knight is great
But so is pulp fiction

Memento is a great career starter.
But so is reservoir dogs.

Batman begins was really good
But so was kill Bill vol 1

Interstellar was good
So was Django

Batman 3 was meh
Hateful 8 was really good

Following was meh.
Jackie brown was too.

Insomnia was good.
Basterds was better.

Dunkirk sucked balls
Death proof was kinda entertaining

So I guess I have to give the edge to Tarantino. Both are my favorite directors though.

Prestige is one of the best movies ever.
But then so is kill Bill volume 2.

The dark knight is great
But so is pulp fiction

Memento is a great career starter.
But so is reservoir dogs.

Batman begins was really good
But so was kill Bill vol 1

Interstellar was good
So was Django

Batman 3 was meh
Hateful 8 was really good

Following was meh.
Jackie brown was too.

Insomnia was good.
Basterds was better.

Dunkirk sucked balls
Death proof was kinda entertaining

So I guess I have to give the edge to Tarantino. Both are my favorite directors though.
Pulp Fiction is better than "great"
its one of the all time best movies ever.

Back