Quentin Tarantino Would Love To Direct A Star Trek Movie

It is not a crazy idea. If they let him direct, I wont watch it. His only watchable movie is the Kill Bill series, and pulp fiction. After that he just became very pretentious and full of himself.

reservoir dogs says fuck you too.

I think he'd be much better suited to Bond personally although doing his own rival spy film would likely give a superior result, maybe staring Idris Elba? ;)

I spose you could argue he does do tension well which might suit a return of Meyer style "cold war submarine" Trek.

He does decent dialogue when he's on his game. And he can create great characters that are easy to identify.

I'd like to see his spin on it. A star trek episode full of great character moments and dialogue and less photon torpedos and lens flares?

Yes please!

Interesting stuff he is really not much of a fan of Star Wars and is a huge treakie.

NO need for "feet close ups" Tarantino.

Let's let Davey Lynch work his Majic like he did on Dune and Return of the Jedi...

<Oku03> .

It is distinctively his, just like Django and Inglorious Bastards, which were based on older source material.
You said it wouldn't be right for him to take some other property and turn into a tarentino movie. Now you are saying they are distinctly his so that ok? Isn't that exactly what taking someone else's property and turning it into a tarentino movie is ?

You said it wouldn't be right for him to take some other property and turn into a tarentino movie. Now you are saying they are distinctly his so that ok? Isn't that exactly what taking someone else's property and turning it into a tarentino movie is ?

Ahh. What I meant was properties people care about.

No one minds him remaking some exploitation movie from the 60s or a novel not many people read.

Ahh. What I meant was properties people care about.

No one minds him remaking some exploitation movie from the 60s or a novel not many people read.
So he shouldn't do it because it's popular? Even if he could make a awesome film?

Elmore Leonard is one of the most popular crime writers ever

So he shouldn't do it because it's popular? Even if he could make a awesome film?

Elmore Leonard is one of the most popular crime writers ever

It wouldn't be Star Trek. It would be a Tarantino movie with Star Trek characters. No thanks.

I've been kinda curious how he'd handle a big, popcorn project like that. Would he stray too far into his homage territory and have people walking around in stupid looking pajama suits? Thats entirely possible. Or could he feasibly bring an old school vibe with a contemporary setting? I dunno. I'd really like him to do one big, tent pole movie before all is said and done, though. Just to see him do it.

st-ma-ngab20493.jpg

City on the edge of forever, was a pretty game changing episode from the 60s. Taranitino could make a crazy film out of it. You have to go back in time to save your best friends life, but you the process you fall in love, but have to choose between restoring the timeline, or watching the women you love die, when you could stop it....

Interesting stuff he is really not much of a fan of Star Wars and is a huge treakie.

He is dead right about Cumberbatch as Khan. That was really horrible casting. Cumberbatch's Khan bared no resemblance to Montalban's Khan. In fact, the whole idea of remaking Star Trek II was a bad one because it had much to live up to.

Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond were both weak movies, so shaking things up with a director like Tarantino probably couldn't hurt anything.

SPACE: we up in this n____a. Five long motherfucking years ....

He is dead right about Cumberbatch as Khan. That was really horrible casting. Cumberbatch's Khan bared no resemblance to Montalban's Khan. In fact, the whole idea of remaking Star Trek II was a bad one because it had much to live up to.

Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond were both weak movies, so shaking things up with a director like Tarantino probably couldn't hurt anything.

I don't tink Cumberbatch was the problem, it was Abrams rollercoaster style and general lack of substance that was inevitably going to lead to something without the same depth as Wrath of Khan that's basically Das Boot crossed with Moby Dick in space.

I don't tink Cumberbatch was the problem, it was Abrams rollercoaster style and general lack of substance that was inevitably going to lead to something without the same depth as Wrath of Khan that's basically Das Boot crossed with Moby Dick in space.

Cumberbatch was definitely a big part of the problem for me. He didn't resemble the character I knew as Khan.

Cumberbatch was definitely a big part of the problem for me. He didn't resemble the character I knew as Khan.

If he'd been asked to play a more charming Khan I suspect he could have although I wouldn't hold a bit of a shift in character against the film if it had followed though with some depth.

Back