Question about Muay Thai in a street fight

Th3PlainTruth**

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was looking to see if any of you had links to MT in a street fight situation.
Having trouble finding some..of course..i can see countless of BJJ fights but thats not what im looking for.

Thanks!

Looks like some guys tried to teep and throw some roundhouse kicks in this video

The guy ended up getting a bottle in the heard either way. Conclusion: don't get into street fights.

It's very effective if someone doesn't cut or shoot you up

Looks like some guys tried to teep and throw some roundhouse kicks in this video

The guy ended up getting a bottle in the heard either way. Conclusion: don't get into street fights.

And of course they had to be French... I swear sometimes they embarrass me when abroad.

I was looking to see if any of you had links to MT in a street fight situation.
Having trouble finding some..of course..i can see countless of BJJ fights but thats not what im looking for.

Thanks!

If it's a street fight it's not MT. MT is fought in the ring.

Understood, but I am just looking for examples of it being used in that situation specifically.

Its very effective in street fights.

Obviously if the other guy has a gun/knife or is trained in Savate or Capoeira though you just gotta run

Just want to determine its effectiveness.
I can see hundreds of BJJ videos all day.
but i wanted to really focus in on MT for self defense in a personal study.
Do you really need video evidence to prove to you that a punch/kick/elbow/knee is effective?

Um...yeah...why not?
Im looking for something similar to the gracies in action videos.
Specific examples..it doesnt have to be a massive type of coverage but tell tale signs...like a boxers stance, or a triangle choke from a BJJ practitioner.

Something around those lines.

Um...yeah...why not?
Im looking for something similar to the gracies in action videos.
Specific examples..it doesnt have to be a massive type of coverage but tell tale signs...like a boxers stance, or a triangle choke from a BJJ practitioner.

Something around those lines.
This forum deals with professional competition, not street fights so you're probably not going to have much luck here. Maybe check the Technique forum.

I can assure you tho, Muay Thai can certainly work in a street fight. It's best to avoid those situations however.

Type "6 guys vs 2 boxers Street Fight" in youtube.
Watch and contemplate on how street fights look and how it correlates with muay thai/boxing/kickboxing training.
Topics:
- chaos,
- environment,
- multiple attackers,
- unpredictability,
- weapons,
- emotions,
- legal consequences.

The muay thai is very efficient in a real fight

Back