Question about my TKD Kick combo (VIDEO)

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is by far the most common kick combo drill in my ITF Taekwondo club (face punching legal) .

Is this a sound kick combo strategy in Kickboxing rules? Is the front kick thrown to sissy? Do I need to use more leverage? The objective is to create a distraction low, and then go high. So the front kick is more used as a feint. Also, does this really fit me? Can can a guy with average body speed pull this shit off? As you can see my, transitioning game is my weakest link, not the kick itself.

This is by far the most common kick combo drill in my ITF Taekwondo club (face punching legal) .

Is this a sound kick combo strategy in Kickboxing rules? Is the front kick thrown to sissy? Do I need to use more leverage? The objective is to create a distraction low, and then go high. So the front kick is more used as a feint. Also, does this really fit me? Can can a guy with average body speed pull this shit off? As you can see my, transitioning game is my weakest link, not the kick itself.

If you're talking about kick boxing, it's very poor.......

Have you not looked at how you end your combo? You're in a bad position, side on (you cannot do anything from that position apart from get smashed by your opponent), what's with the stupid dropping of both hands when you throw the front kick........I could go on.....but I have things to do.....

Get them solid in the abdomen with a front kick, back up. Go in, Chamber like it's for that exact same kick BUT instead of flicking your foot upward. Flick it so your foot rotates to the outside and catch em with a roundhouse, foot to chin. Eliminating the front kick makes this much quicker and tricky.

Get them solid in the abdomen with a front kick, back up. Go in, Chamber like it's for that exact same kick BUT instead of flicking your foot upward. Flick it so your foot rotates to the outside and catch em with a roundhouse, foot to chin. Eliminating the front kick makes this much quicker and tricky.

Near impossible to land front kicks on TKD fighters. Their guard is much lower than Muay Thai guys and they read it easily. But I can use it as a feint.

Near impossible to land front kicks on TKD fighters. Their guard is much lower than Muay Thai guys and they read it easily. But I can use it as a feint.
Ok, so make them block/parry a really hard one then if it 100% won't hit. The point is to get them to fear/respect the kick so they anticipate low and not high. If they drop their hands to parry that's even better, what you want, actually.

You trolling? I'm not sparring. I just showed the moves.

You land the "move" side on, you asked about it in a kick boxing context and I said you will get fucked up in an actual fight..........and yes you did ask it in regards to kick boxing rules, don't you actually read what you write......

You land the "move" side on, you asked about it in a kick boxing context and I said you will get fucked up in an actual fight..........and yes you did ask it in regards to kick boxing rules, don't you actually read what you write......

I didn't ask the forums troll.

You just can't handle the truth that you really are that crap......pot calling the kettle black I think........
now don't go bringing the pot and the kettle into this, there was been enough racial tension between those two for a while.

why do you ever ask advice, when all you do is get your panties in a bunch, if someone critiques what you are doing?

I don't have much kickboxing experience but the front kick is not so great as a feint because you keep the same rhythm with the roundhouse afterwards.

He's already infesting the heavies.............lol

He won't be out of place there. He's losing steam considerably here though, his threads aren't doing as well as they used to - so fingers crossed he dies off all together soon - he thinks he gets a choice in it, but he doesn't

tumblr_obgub0YzUA1qjcyqno1_500.gif

Back