Question about supplement

Kratom pre workout ftw

DS's Craze ruined pre workout powders for me. I'm basically immune now...and basically a recovering meth addict.
What was it like taking that preworkout? Was it just crazy energy or was there a hint of euphoria with it. Over the years there have been a few preworouts that were pretty crazy in terms of their effects on mood/well being. Gaspari's Spirodex was pretty incredible. I used to take it before going out to bars/clubs. And there was another called Mitotropin that was great too.

Overall I think you gave him good advice, but the whey protein part I think you should re-think. If you have that much trouble to the point of taking lactase pills, why not just skip the whey altogether? Nowadays there is absolutely no reason to go that route. Even the vast majority of the plant-based protein powders taste great, mix great, and the blends have a solid AA profile.

it was good advice, whey protein (and any protein powder) is not something i can take i only take supplements that are not flavored with chocolate or vanilla (idk why that makes me throw up, i can drink chocolate milk but not chocolate flavored protein powder)

What was it like taking that preworkout? Was it just crazy energy or was there a hint of euphoria with it. Over the years there have been a few preworouts that were pretty crazy in terms of their effects on mood/well being. Gaspari's Spirodex was pretty incredible. I used to take it before going out to bars/clubs. And there was another called Mitotropin that was great too.

There wasnt a hint of euphoria..I felt like I was on mdma

Overall I think you gave him good advice, but the whey protein part I think you should re-think. If you have that much trouble to the point of taking lactase pills, why not just skip the whey altogether? Nowadays there is absolutely no reason to go that route. Even the vast majority of the plant-based protein powders taste great, mix great, and the blends have a solid AA profile.

Plant based proteins do not compare as a balanced complete protein source........and I am very dubious about the actual levels of bioavailability.

Also the cost factor......

You could buy the ingredients individually and save yourself alot..........
Sounds like one of those things..
You start with good intentions but before you know it you’ve got a bag of old flour, yeast and a dusty old breadmaker and go out and buy bread anyway

Last edited:
Plant based proteins do not compare as a balanced complete protein source........and I am very dubious about the actual levels of bioavailability.

Also the cost factor......
"and the blends have a solid AA profile"
What makes you doubt the bioavailability? Aminos are aminos. Leucine from hemp is no different than leucine from milk. The biggest concern as far as I can tell when it comes to thoroughly utilizing the protein you ingest is digestion. You consume the protein, your stomach acid and digestive enzymes breaks the bonds and voila, you have aminos. I would think having to take a pill with your protein just to avoid bloating and diarrhea suggests that proteins digestion may suffer a bit and many plants tend to be easily digestible.

"and the blends have a solid AA profile"
What makes you doubt the bioavailability? Aminos are aminos. Leucine from hemp is no different than leucine from milk. The biggest concern as far as I can tell when it comes to thoroughly utilizing the protein you ingest is digestion. You consume the protein, your stomach acid and digestive enzymes breaks the bonds and voila, you have aminos. I would think having to take a pill with your protein just to avoid bloating and diarrhea suggests that proteins digestion may suffer a bit and many plants tend to be easily digestible.
Don't worry, he knows very little about plants.

Don't worry, he knows very little about plants.
And the whole concept of plants being incomplete proteins has been thoroughly confirmed to be irrelevant. It would matter if you ate only one or 2 plan-based protein sources. But nobody would ever do that. I know I have posted the amino acid profiles of equal weight servings of rice and beans vs chicken and the rice/beans is arguably superior. And that's just rice/beans. Other combos would be even better than rice/beans.

Back