Question for knowledgeable members re power please

io1j7.jpg

The arrow and the hammer both do damage.

- Ancient proverb

i can't really tell from that, how do you even measure a fist? i've never seen a way to do it properly. I had a magazine when i was 12, right around the time of leonard duran 1 that gave instructions but that was a long time ago.

These three guys all have above average fist size for their height
tn-500_oscardelahoyasrlmiketysonatsrlfoundationcharityboxingnight-getty.jpg

Oscar Dela Hoya has VERY impressive fist size relative to his height.

Hand size likely makes a difference to hardness and weight of the punch for sure but ..........

Power is speed + strength (weight) ratio.

Without that you don't have power no matter how big your fist is.

A lorry hitting you at 1 mph isn't as damaging as a mini cooper hitting you at 80 mph.

........ but a Lorry hitting you at the same speed is much worse.

Hand size likely makes a difference to hardness and weight of the punch for sure but ..........

Power is speed + strength (weight) ratio.

Without that you don't have power no matter how big your fist is.

A lorry hitting you at 1 mph isn't as damaging as a mini cooper hitting you at 80 mph.

........ but a Lorry hitting you at the same speed is much worse.

So how do you account for Foremans knockout of Moorer? There was no swing in the punches. And it wasn't explosive or fast

So how do you account for Foremans knockout of Moorer? There was no swing in the punches. And it wasn't explosive or fast

That could of been accumulation, hit right on the button etc

Remember Foreman is very heavy handed always has been.

I'd also note ........... that's the rarity, and punches like that are still mused over till this day i.e Muhammed Ali's KO of Sonny Liston.

That could of been accumulation, hit right on the button etc

Remember Foreman is very heavy handed always has been.

I'd also note ........... that's the rarity, and punches like that are still mused over till this day i.e Muhammed Ali's KO of Sonny Liston.

Alis KO is bullshit.

Because Foreman's weight was behind it.

But it really wasn't all that much compared to a standard boxing punch were you sink into it. Moorer never had a good chin though and had been floored several times prior. Perfect opponent for George Foreman..

But it really wasn't all that much compared to a standard boxing punch were you sink into it. Moorer never had a good chin though and had been floored several times prior. Perfect opponent for George Foreman..
Foreman is one of the hardest punchers of all time and he landed flush on Moorer's lip. Foreman had been using his left to walk him into that right hand and it finally landed flush.

No it isn't. Rocky had it right at about 7:20. Ali caught Liston coming in with a shot right on the button he didn't see coming.

That doesn't mean he automatically should go down. I have been caught with a roundhouse kick I didn't see right on my jaw and nothing happened.

Foreman is one of the hardest punchers of all time and he landed flush on Moorer's lip. Foreman had been using his left to walk him into that right hand and it finally landed flush.

But he was'nt know for those types of KOs.Watch his body mechanics. It looks like an arm punch.

Back