Question for old school TUF fans:

tat2man5k

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So, I was thinking earlier about older TUF seasons, and I was wondering: Has there ever been a contestant, male or female, that absolutely DOMINATED the season, then pretty much faded away after? Closest I can think is Uriah Hall, but KG beat him in the Finale, so maybe that shouldn't count. Anyway, any ideas?

Jonathan Brookins fits the 2nd part of the question but maybe he didn't dominate the season.

How about James Wilks? Win by sub in the 1st and 2nd rounds, tko win in the semi and a sub win in the final and then went on to do nothing.

Jonathan Brookins fits the 2nd part of the question but maybe he didn't dominate the season.

How about James Wilks? Win by sub in the 1st and 2nd rounds, tko win in the semi and a sub win in the final and then went on to do nothing.
I forgot all about Wilks...and yeah, good call on Brookins. I really liked him during his season. Seemed like a down to earth guy, and a pretty talented fighter too.

Diego Brandao.

Bisping had high hopes for him and he absolutely destroyed people. Amazing arm bar on Bermudez in the finale too. It's sad that he was never mentally stable enough, great talent wasted.

Mac Danzig was way better than everyone he faced on that season, but didn't fare well in the UFC
Jonathan Brookins
Chris Holdsworth, but he disappeared due to concussions

Thanks for all the answers! I appreciate the nostalgia!

Amir Sadollah is another one. 0-0 MMA record, finished good guys in his season like Matt Brown, CB Dollaway twice, and Gerald Harris. Went on to have 6-5 record before leaving MMA. CB and Matt Brown are still with the UFC. Gerald Harris is still fighting and on a win streak.

Efrain Escudero. Phillipe Nover got all the hype during the season but Efrain did well too and beat Nover in the finals. Both turned out to be busts though Efrain had 3 runs at the UFC.

Old school TUF fans... I remember back in the day if you were a TUF fan period you were a noob and had to get educated on those A level pride fighters. Man how the times have changed.

Amir Sadollah is another one. 0-0 MMA record, finished good guys in his season like Matt Brown, CB Dollaway twice, and Gerald Harris. Went on to have 6-5 record before leaving MMA. CB and Matt Brown are still with the UFC. Gerald Harris is still fighting and on a win streak.

Efrain Escudero. Phillipe Nover got all the hype during the season but Efrain did well too and beat Nover in the finals. Both turned out to be busts though Efrain had 3 runs at the UFC.
Yeah, nice call. I forgot all about Amir.

Old school TUF fans... I remember back in the day if you were a TUF fan period you were a noob and had to get educated on those A level pride fighters. Man how the times have changed.
Eh, I do too, but I was around for Pride, and also like TUF...sorta...sometimes.

Eddie Gordon and Colton Smith didn't dominate, but they both went on to lose 3 in a row before being cut by the UFC.

Roy didn't dominate, he nearly lost his first fight, was very close decision
on what fucking planet did Roy Nelson almost lose to Kimbo nor was it a decision

I would say Danzig......would not say Amir however, that guy got the absolute piss beat out of him before eventually winning, I still remember Harris slamming the fuck out of him

Eddie Gordon and Colton Smith didn't dominate, but they both went on to lose 3 in a row before being cut by the UFC.
Gordon was even brought back for that comeback part deux season and still couldn't cut it.

Back