Question for old school TUF fans:

What was the name of that kid who won the Nelson vs Carwin season?

Diego Brandao.

Bisping had high hopes for him and he absolutely destroyed people. Amazing arm bar on Bermudez in the finale too. It's sad that he was never mentally stable enough, great talent wasted.
Brandao lost in the UFC to Elkins, Mcgregor, Poirier, and Ortega. All 4 of those guys are top 10 in the world right now.

Mac Danzig was way better than everyone he faced on that season, but didn't fare well in the UFC
Jonathan Brookins
Chris Holdsworth, but he disappeared due to concussions

Fun fact
Mac ended up marrying one of my old friends/training partners.

Lots of names in the thread i haven't thought about for a while.

So, I was thinking earlier about older TUF seasons, and I was wondering: Has there ever been a contestant, male or female, that absolutely DOMINATED the season, then pretty much faded away after? Closest I can think is Uriah Hall, but KG beat him in the Finale, so maybe that shouldn't count. Anyway, any ideas?

sticking strictly to the "guy who ran train up until finishing the show and then did nothing in the UFC"

Andrew Sanchez made his bracket look like a bunch of dumpster jokes in his season

but will probably go down as one of the most forgettable winners of all time now that he's losing to guys like Ryan Janes on the prelims of TUF finale cards

sticking strictly to the "guy who ran train up until finishing the show and then did nothing in the UFC"

Andrew Sanchez made his bracket look like a bunch of dumpster jokes in his season

but will probably go down as one of the most forgettable winners of all time now that he's losing to guys like Ryan Janes on the prelims of TUF finale cards
Yeah...that guy doesn't even ring a bell to me, but I DID live in England for 3 years, and I kinda lost touch with MMA for a bit...I'll have a look-see! Thanks for the info!

Wasn’t his first fight against Kimbo on that season? I am almost positive it was his second.

You are right, I made a mistake. Kimbo was his first fight, the close decision was his 2nd. Man, talk about throwing Kimbo to the wolves against Big Country right out the gate!

Travis Lutter
Went from the Michael Jordan of bjj to a nobody

Back