Question For The Pro-Choice crowd

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just a disclaimer here but i do tend to lean more towards pro-life side of the debate but im not so rigid that i cannot be somewhat fluid on the topic, that aside i saw a video this morning on world star that was deeply disturbing to me and i would like to ask a question to the pro-choicers of the board and to see what they feel about the situation

Im not so sure im able to post the video so im just going to post the description as it is laid out on the site and if you want to see it than just go there and watch it yourself, its one of the first videos at the top

Willow of Dallas, Texas in Dallas County is using hard substances to kill her unborn child. This month Willow is 5 to 6 months pregnant. Since before May of 2017; willow have been a daily user of Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Ecstasy, Cocaine, and Xanax. This 21 year old child have no remorse and seeks attention to get over and take advantage of others. This young lady refuses to see medical attention for the care of the baby. Posted By Ghost

So there it is. A 21 year old girl doing hard core drugs daily while being 6 months pregnant in an attempt to kill her unborn child. Truth be told i have no clue how true that objective is but either way this bitch is clearly damaging her baby.

Question(s): What do you do in a case like this? Should someone intervene? Is this child abuse? Thoughts?

This girl is trying to murder her unborn child by doing drugs. Whether or not they can punish her legally, I think most people recognize that this is highly immoral to kill your unborn child just because you want to. Except maybe some on the far left that celebrate their abortions.

It's her body. The real shame is that there is no father to give her emotional support and a good hard smack as a reality check.

First, never go to worldstar. That place is a cesspool.

Second, I think most pro choice people are in favor of abortions in a safe medical manner. Someone doing drugs and such in the hopes that it will kill the child is a pretty strong sign there is something wrong with her, and she is seriously harming herself, and to her unborn child.

First, never go to worldstar. That place is a cesspool.

Second, I think most pro choice people are in favor of abortions in a safe medical manner. Someone doing drugs and such in the hopes that it will kill the child is a pretty strong sign there is something wrong with her, and she is seriously harming herself, and to her unborn child.
Of course, i don't beleive the pro-choice crowd would ever condone something like this vs a safe medical alternative but i think this really humanizes the fetus when we see someone who is willfully destroying her child like that. What makes me really curious to know is what would you do in this case? I mean that baby is either going to die, become severely deformed OR be born a crack baby. surely we can go past the "its her body" argument in this particular instance?

Of course, i don't beleive the pro-choice crowd would ever condone something like this vs a safe medical alternative but i think this really humanizes the fetus when we see someone who is willfully destroying her child like that. What makes me really curious to know is what would you do in this case? I mean that baby is either going to die, become severely deformed OR be born a crack baby. surely we can go past the "its her body" argument in this particular instance?
I would say so, yes, and personally I would inform someone.

And I fall staunchly on the pro choice side.

She should have the option to abort as its her body. That being said, the manner she's going about it shows she's a souless husk masquerading as a person and as such I have no empathy for her watsoever.

She should have the option to abort as its her body. That being said, the manner she's going about it shows she's a souless husk masquerading as a person and as such I have no empathy for her watsoever.

I mean i know it's illegal to do drugs and that she has the choice to abort but should there be some form of legal intervention here?

Just a disclaimer here but i do tend to lean more towards pro-life side of the debate but im not so rigid that i cannot be somewhat fluid on the topic, that aside i saw a video this morning on world star that was deeply disturbing to me and i would like to ask a question to the pro-choicers of the board and to see what they feel about the situation

Im not so sure im able to post the video so im just going to post the description as it is laid out on the site and if you want to see it than just go there and watch it yourself, its one of the first videos at the top

So there it is. A 21 year old girl doing hard core drugs daily while being 6 months pregnant in an attempt to kill her unborn child. Truth be told i have no clue how true that objective is but either way this bitch is clearly damaging her baby.

Question(s): What do you do in a case like this? Should someone intervene? Is this child abuse? Thoughts?
This really doesn't have much to do with being pro choice

should have stitched her vag shut

I hope for the babies sake it dies. There is no possibility for a happy life for that dude

6 months in?

That's a bit late for an abortion. If it was earlier I'd be all for it, in fact for her I'd encourage it.

I mean i know it's illegal to do drugs and that she has the choice to abort but should there be some form of legal intervention here?

Yeah of course there should be legal intervention.
That is the biggest issue with America. They have spent the last 200 years removing common sense from society and the law.
That's why you guys have all those stupid rules and conflicts because common sense has been successfully removed from daily life.

No one would ask this question in Europe. Should you intervene when a woman does hardcore drugs to intentionally kill or abort the baby?
Really? Common sense doesn't tell you the answer? It has to be a religious or right vs left debate?
Its not just abortion it everything in the US.
Like letting a guy buy 50 guns he can turn into automatic weapon is totally fine and legal.
Because of a piece of law written 250 years. Really? Commons sense doesn't tell you that might be a bad idea?

eh same answer as the California aids thing. Darwinism will prevail as usual. That mother is not long for this world.

I identify more as a libertarian than a conservative or progressive or anything else. There's both a pro-life and a pro-choice libertarian argument. I'm more persuaded by the pro-choice argument, but YMMV. It's far from a litmus test with me. Part of making abortions legal and safe is being able to avoid these types of nightmare situations. Unfortunately, many states and municipalities in the Bible Belt have made this almost as hard as it was before Roe v. Wade, and it makes these types of problems more prevalent because lower-class women don't have as much access to safe, legal abortions, or sadly even adequate prenatal healthcare as provided by organizations like Planned Parenthood which get demonized by social conservatives and often aren't allowed to provide services unrelated to abortion because conservatives kill their funding. Also, some people are just stupid, ignorant, mean, violent, psychopathic, selfish. No system will completely remove this element from society.

This seems like a question for the Pro-Life crowd, i.e. if you ban a woman from safely and legally terminating her pregnancy, don't you risk mutant offspring from parents taking the Drain-O and coat hanger approaches.

The Pro-Choice answer is fairly obvious: make safe and responsible abortions accessible.

I'm pro choice in the early stages of pregnancy.

At 6 months the fetus is viable something like 70% of the time. As my threshold is viability of the fetus/baby I think intervention is warranted in this case. No way this person didn't know she was pregnant months ago affording her the time to make a decision. As is, her baby will probably have all kinds of issues even if someone steps in right now. She sounds like a nutjob.

This seems like a question for the Pro-Life crowd, i.e. if you ban a woman from safely and legally terminating her pregnancy, don't you risk mutant offspring from parents taking the Drain-O and coat hanger approaches.

The Pro-Choice answer is fairly obvious: make safe and responsible abortions accessible.
The angle i wanted to explore is how some some pro-choices view the humanity of the child inside the womb. Im not saying it's the same for every one but for the pro-choice crowd there seems to be some individuals who morally pad their choice for complete bodily autonomy (when it comes to abortion) by trying to convince people that what is inside is not a human or conscious and that it's a non-issue.

Pro-lifers would believe it's a human and treat it as such, some times on the other side it isn't the case. Im just wanting to explore how far pro-choicers are willing to push it, at what point do we step in and say enough is enough?

It's her body. The real shame is that there is no father to give her emotional support and a good hard smack as a reality check.

I know males are evil and disposable, especially if they are white, but what if the child she is trying to kill is a female? Doesn't the baby have a right to live? What about her body and her rights?

Back