Question for Trump Supporters

Hit-N-Run

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hypothetical Question:

If the investigation leads to Flynn, Kushner, and others being convicted and they supply information great enough for Mueller to bring charges against Trump will you still support him?

Depending on the nature of the information, it would most likely increase my support, but it's a fantasy.

Firstly even if the allegations turn out to be true; they are not unprecedented and are far milder than what say Ted Kennedy was caught doing with the Soviets. Treatment of Trump seems to be exceptional due to his feud with the 'deep state' (intelligence agencies, old Washington dynasties).

Secondly Russia is on a better side of history than the US (via the EU) at this point in time was the West/Soviet paradigm has mostly swapped ideologies. But that strays into the philosophical. The world is changing & we need better allies.

Last edited:
"This is the greatest witch hunt in American history. Trump did nothing wrong he is a model American just fighting for American interests. The special counsel was rigged and its all the fault of Hillary Clinton and the Fake News" - Trump supporters

Depending on the nature of the information, it would most likely increase my support, but it's a fantasy.

Firstly even if the allegations turn out to be true; they are not unprecedented and are far milder than what say Ted Kennedy was caught doing with the Soviets. Treatment of Trump seems to be exceptional due to his feud with the 'deep state' (intelligence agencies, old Washington families).

Secondly, Russia is on a better side of history than the US at this point in time.

"What about __________?"
"You think we are so innocent? We have a lot of killers."
"Rabble rabble deep state".

Bro, you should have added a "But fusion GPS" or "but Obama" in there then you would have checked all the boxes.

Hypothetical Question:

If the investigation leads to Flynn, Kushner, and others being convicted and they supply information great enough for Mueller to bring charges against Trump will you still support him?
If this witch hunt turned out to be real, then no.

But as it stands, it's literally just a witch hunt, trying to get people who forgot to cross their t's and dot their i's.

Any investigation at the level Mueller has conducted would probably reveal something about any candidate. The old: 'show me the man and I'll find you the crime'.

"What about __________?"
"You think we are so innocent? We have a lot of killers."
"Rabble rabble deep state".

Bro, you should have added a "But fusion GPS" or "but Obama" in there then you would have checked all the boxes.

That stuff wouldn't have fit into the rest of my post at all.

How much more blunt could I be?

1. The investigation itself is fishy if not slightly incriminating of US intel because even the wildest allegations merely portray Trump as committing fouls that have gone unpunished in DC as a tradition.

2. I passionately advocated shifting our geopolitical bloc eastward away from the tyrannical cesspool the EU has become long before Trump was even running for office, so I feel no 'anger' if a faction within the US is trying to speed this up.

Do you? Probably not. For you it's probably more of a "hacked the election"/whodunnit novel than a matter of long-term vision.

I could fit Fusion GPS and Obama into that somehow but it I'd have to be creative.

Firstly even if the allegations turn out to be true; they are not unprecedented and are far milder than what say Ted Kennedy was caught doing with the Soviets. Treatment of Trump seems to be exceptional due to his feud with the 'deep state' (intelligence agencies, old Washington dynasties).

Secondly Russia is on a better side of history than the US at this point in time was the West/Soviet paradigm has mostly swapped ideologies. But that strays into the philosophical.

How can you support the america first candidate if he uses a foreign hostile power to attack democracy?

How can you support the america first candidate if he uses a foreign hostile power to attack democracy?

You will have to elaborate. Sounds like you have a specific theory.

Russian (& Chinese etc) online inflammation of US political divisions has been pretty stable in intensity for years. Specifically looking at this election & Russia they didn't do anything new. Half of their facebook groups supported radical wings of BLM and the other were Tea Partiers with allusions to the militia movement. The intent is clear enough to me. What's your interpretation? Have you looked at the data or did you see Putin himself trolling by pseudo-endorsing Trump at the height of the controversy and take it seriously?

I'm assuming you aren't talking about "hacked the election" where the US public found out about a rigged primary & the media brands implicated in the leaked documents scrambled to shift blame onto the messenger. Nobody here is that dumb.

Last edited:
Realistically speaking, I think Trump's approval ratings ought to sink to nothing, before there is any practical use in impeaching him.

It's easier for now to just work around him, than it is to possibly turn him into a martyr for the millions that voted him. The shit-show that would follow, might have long-standing consequences for American politics.

Do people care enough about the Russia threat in 2017? I don't think they do. I think there are a lot of people who don't really see why working with Russian agents is any different, to working with Israeli or Saudi Arabian agents. It's a shitty thing to do, most certainly, from a national perspective, but in a global world where national interests often come second, that's not really out of the ordinary.

Every politician, to an extent, is influenced by foreign agendas. Including the so-called "nationalist" candidates. It's not necessarily something that people are up in arms about anymore, in the way that they used to be back during the Cold War.

Hypothetical Question:

Yes, but I fear what will happen if Pence becomes president.

+1

Just to bookmark.

That stuff wouldn't have fit into the rest of my post at all.

How much more blunt could I be?

1. The investigation itself is fishy if not slightly incriminating of US intel because even the wildest allegations merely portray Trump as committing fouls that have gone unpunished in DC as a tradition.

2. I passionately advocated shifting our geopolitical bloc eastward away from the tyrannical cesspool the EU has become long before Trump was even running for office, so I feel no 'anger' if a faction within the US is trying to speed this up.

Do you? Probably not. For you it's probably more of a "hacked the election"/whodunnit novel than a matter of long-term vision.

I could fit Fusion GPS and Obama into that somehow but it I'd have to be creative.

Speed up moving partnerships eastward? Russia is not an ally if America, they are looking to weaken a rival, not be our bud.

Hypothetical Question:

No, if Trump actively colluded with the Russians during the campaign I will not support him.

Thus far, there is precious little to suggest he did, but hypothetically, if it were proven, it would turn me against him.

Don't even bother with Mueller, just impeach him now. I seriously doubt they'll have anything on Pence and it would be amusing to see what he would have in mind given the reigns. Besides, aside from bragging rights for the Lefties all you really do is make Trump a martyr to the Deep Red and further solidify the divide and really cement the idea that you are their enemies and hostile to their concerns.

Back