Question for Trump Supporters

He is a fundamental Christian and would support moving us further into a theoracy.

Force everyone to attend mandatory Sunday School classes, eh?

I must be true to you, I doubt Mike Pence is going to "ruin" America. Neither will Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren as long as we care first about letting people decide what is free and equal in a good society, and giving them the freedom to speak of what is good and free in a society.

If there is any damaging information about criminal behavior to be given up. Given that we've been looking long and hard at this subject for a year now without finding anything, I think it is unlikely that Flynn is going to unmask some far reaching conspiracy. He may, but it is unlikely, and even if one disagrees with that conclusion, it is reasonable for a Trump supporter to assume a la Van Jones that the Trump-Putin collusion story is a nothing burger.

Those are the reactions in this thread and they don't justify your broadly negative attitude.
"We've been"?

You will have to elaborate. Sounds like you have a specific theory.

Russian (& Chinese etc) online inflammation of US political divisions has been pretty stable in intensity for years. Specifically looking at this election & Russia they didn't do anything new. Half of their facebook groups supported radical wings of BLM and the other were Tea Partiers with allusions to the militia movement. The intent is clear enough to me. What's your interpretation? Have you looked at the data or did you see Putin himself trolling by pseudo-endorsing Trump at the height of the controversy and take it seriously?

I'm assuming you aren't talking about "hacked the election" where the US public found out about a rigged primary & the media brands implicated in the leaked documents scrambled to shift blame onto the messenger. Nobody here is that dumb.

I'm referring to this statement. The question was
Hypothetical Question:

If the investigation leads to Flynn, Kushner, and others being convicted and they supply information great enough for Mueller to bring charges against Trump will you still support him?

The first thing you said was.

Depending on the nature of the information, it would most likely increase my support, but it's a fantasy.

Which to me, means you applaud team Trump's effort to try to rig the election.

The reason this whole investigation was started was to see if there was any coordination between Trump's campaign and Russians trying to swing the election in Trump's favor.. but you knew that already. It's funny how you are so certain it's a fantasy even though new information keeps coming out.

I don't know who is going to get charged with what.. but based upon what happened yesterday, it's clear Kushner is next to be brought in. I'm sure he will do anything he can to avoid prison.. and it's been made clear he has a LOT of secrets.

Why do alt-righters bend over backwards to defend Drumpf? One guilty plea, two indictments and one resignation and they are still acting like its nothing.

Why do alt-righters bend over backwards to defend Drumpf? One guilty plea, two indictments and one resignation and they are still acting like its nothing.

Trump hasn't been indicted for or plead guilty to anything. I seriously doubt Trump committed any crimes or "colluded" with any foreign powers.

Trump hasn't been indicted for or plead guilty to anything. I seriously doubt Trump committed any crimes or "colluded" with any foreign powers.

Curious: what is it about Trump's personality, character, etc. that makes you think he wouldn't commit any crimes?

Curious: what is it about Trump's personality, character, etc. that makes you think he wouldn't commit any crimes?
I think he probably has committed crimes in his business career over the years. I was referring to "Russian collusion".

Don't even bother with Mueller, just impeach him now. I seriously doubt they'll have anything on Pence and it would be amusing to see what he would have in mind given the reigns. Besides, aside from bragging rights for the Lefties all you really do is make Trump a martyr to the Deep Red and further solidify the divide and really cement the idea that you are their enemies and hostile to their concerns.

Martyrdom? For what? The great patron saint of Lying Donald Trump? I don't think we'll miss that.

We don't want factless impeachments. Let Mueller finish his investigation. I'm sure that will explain all the contacts btn Russia and Team Trump and all the lies that Team Trump told about those contacts. It's a big nothing.

I think he probably has committed crimes in his business career over the years. I was referring to "Russian collusion".
You don't have to think about it. Trump has been nailed with criminal violations of money laundering over a hundred times with one little bitty hotel.

I think you’re lying to yourself if you think that this whole investigation isn’t politically motivated and deep state resistance to Trump.

Have members of his team done the wrong thing and broken the law? I’d say so but far less than previous administrations have. Certainly each of the Clintons have done far worse than any 5 members of the Trump team have put together.

You Trump haters need a new therapy: admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Why are you defending criminals? I hear that term "deep state" tossed around a lot. What do you think is the "deep state"?

I did get a first mandatory pay raise (not counting promotions) in 3 years of working for the FED....

Is a subordinate talking to russians worse than arming rebels and drug dealers? Or the US Saudi relationship since at least Reagan? Remove personality and answer that

I did get a first mandatory pay raise (not counting promotions) in 3 years of working for the FED....

Is a subordinate talking to russians worse than arming rebels and drug dealers? Or the US Saudi relationship since at least Reagan? Remove personality and answer that

Glad you're enjoying your handout as much as we are all enjoying your blatent whataboutism.

Glad you're enjoying your handout as much as we are all enjoying your blatent whataboutism.
Im not saying to ignore one in favor of the other....

But thats what a significant portion of the US population is doing.

Hypothetical Question:

If the investigation leads to Flynn, Kushner, and others being convicted and they supply information great enough for Mueller to bring charges against Trump will you still support him?
Trump could shoot somebody in the middle of 5th avenue and he would still have a ton of support

because they are looking for any wiggle room to not have to answer a question where they have to speak against their guy. which in effect answers the question anyway.

and 2, its not supporting a politcal side, it's supporting a politician. a stupidity or worse fanaticism that absolutely justifies dismissing and ignoring a person.

It's asinine

Much like when I asked Trump supporters at the start of the term what would it take for you to stop supporting him,....., with exception it was crickets.

Some said, not building the wall, but here we are and the support is undying.

It's asinine

Much like when I asked Trump supporters at the start of the term what would it take for you to stop supporting him,....., with exception it was crickets.

Some said, not building the wall, but here we are and the support is undying.

giphy.gif

Depending on the nature of the information, it would most likely increase my support, but it's a fantasy.

Firstly even if the allegations turn out to be true; they are not unprecedented and are far milder than what say Ted Kennedy was caught doing with the Soviets. Treatment of Trump seems to be exceptional due to his feud with the 'deep state' (intelligence agencies, old Washington dynasties).

Secondly Russia is on a better side of history than the US (via the EU) at this point in time was the West/Soviet paradigm has mostly swapped ideologies. But that strays into the philosophical. The world is changing & we need better allies.

And I'm sure you were a huge Ted Kennedy supporter and defended his actions as well... LOL

What Kennedy did was wrong, and illegal (against the Logan act). But there are differences: he wasn't running for president (he didn't even try in 1984).

Last edited:
No, if Trump actively colluded with the Russians during the campaign I will not support him.

Thus far, there is precious little to suggest he did, but hypothetically, if it were proven, it would turn me against him.

The fact that Trump will never say anything bad about Russia or Putin is enough for me to surmise that he's been compromised: he's terrified of any offence because of what they have on him.

It's not legal proof, but it's common sense. If you can't read that, you're a very bad lie detector.

What will happen if Pence becomes Potus?

I am honestly asking I hear a lot of People say this.

Pence is a dominion christian. He would do anything he could to dissolve the secular aspect of our republic.

Back