Question on 2 of Joseph Parkers wins

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
did most here have him convincingly beating Andy Ruiz Jr and Hughie Fury?

I thought he edged Ruiz Jr, clearly beat Fury, and was barely edged by Takam.

Takam was the 3rd fight I was thinking of...
3 middling fighters and doesn't look impressive against any

Takam was the 3rd fight I was thinking of...
3 middling fighters and doesn't look impressive against any

Yeah, Parker is ways from being anything special, and I think he doesn't have much of a shot against Joshua. Takam and Ruiz Jr. are decent fighters, but if you're a genuine top HW, you should at least be beating them clearly.

I thought Andy Ruiz Jr beat Parker. Ruiz is talented I think he would have great shot at beating both Joshua or Wilder. I hope he can climb in the rankings and get another world title shot one day.

Parker has been hyped as an opponent for Joshua, that is all. He is bang average.

I thought Ruiz did enough to win that fight.

Thought he just about beat all 3 with the Takam fight being the closest, then Ruiz and then Fury. IMO I'd have felt he was a bit unlucky if he'd lost the Ruiz one, but Takam/Parker was like 50/50 call.

The Ruiz fight was close enough to debate either way. But Ruiz certainly didn't do enough to claim robbery or anything like that.

It was close for sure and I had a feeling Ruiz was ahead. I definitely wouldn't say robbery.

That being said, I'm not writing off Parker's chances against AJ.

It was close for sure and I had a feeling Ruiz was ahead. I definitely wouldn't say robbery.

That being said, I'm not writing off Parker's chances against AJ.

Agree for sure. It's HW, anything can happen.

I had Parker winning all his fights, but some have been quite close.

Back