Questions on Cleto Reyes

Why not campeón instead of casanova? Honestly nearly the same glove especially pocket space and size, But i think the quality is just a had higher on with campeón

Oh yeah you're right. I hear Casanova and Campeon's crafters are related or something.

I figure the Casanova would be easier to find since they have a website and official ebay account. I haven't looked that hard into Campeon though. But last I heard, you have to email Juan to get them imported.

Oh yeah you're right. I hear Casanova and Campeon's crafters are related or something.

I figure the Casanova would be easier to find since they have a website and official ebay account. I haven't looked that hard into Campeon though. But last I heard, you have to email Juan to get them imported.
Between the two I would go for campeón

And if i am not mistaken both brands are made in the same street if not same building. I know the guy that makes campeón. But on pure quality level i say that campeón is a tad higher

Also a faster response time in my experience

Does campeon have a smaller hand compartment compared to the Casanova?

I know campeón are fairly durable, i actually sell them because I find they are decent gloves, that said i using strickly my own brand now

Scarphe, just curious, which brand do you prefer?

Scarphe, just curious, which brand do you prefer?
Honestly my own... Jaja
But that being recent development.
My go to brand was campeón. For some reason casanova never captured my attention. and roberto is nice to deal with but i still prefer campeon over zepol.

The one mex brand i have not tried is quinone their fotos look good But that is all i know

Out of the Mexican brands I've tried, I've seen a lot of different things I like. I think my favorite are the Cleto Reyes fit cuff, the safetecs, and the Casanovas for the wrist support. The Reyes have a significantly better thumb. I should be getting my Campeons next week. I love zepols because I can open my hand the easiest.

Reyes all day and twice on a Sunday.

Zepol and Classics a distant second.

I like the Classics profile, I just wish it had more room in the fingertips area and a medium soft padding.
Pocket space you cannot change easily.. But the padding that is easily changable. For example with zepol, campeón and my glovesmith you can ask for the type of padding you like

So I replaced the 'like new' Cletos with a brand new pair and the difference is night and day. These are 16.9 oz per glove, so slightly over, but they fit almost perfectly. The hand compartment is not as wide and it just fits a lot better. I don't know what it is, but it's kind of crazy.

I'll try them out tomorrow (today's been a hectic day) and give an update. But I am very happy about them just in terms of fit.

Hangulmalmotayo, cool and I look forward to seeing your update.

Quick update: went twelve rounds on the bag. Apart from pressure from the palm-side thumb seam, the gloves were not bad. I don't know if it's psychological or whatever, but the experience was significantly different from last time. For one, my fingers didn't press up on the seam at the end. The glove fits much better and the awkward thumb is not that annoying. It's just awkward. But I don't mind it.

It might also be because I chose a white pair this time and they are the best looking gloves I have owned hands down. Haha...

Looking forward to breaking them in.

After about a hundred rounds on the heavy bag, the gloves are finally beginning to feel broken in.

Noice.

Update on Cleto Reyes: have been temporarily unable to use gloves due to injury, but used them lightly on the bag today and they are, I think, broken in now. They feel great!

So it took about two weeks to break them in completely. Felt like a long two weeks...

Update on Cleto Reyes: have been temporarily unable to use gloves due to injury, but used them lightly on the bag today and they are, I think, broken in now. They feel great!

So it took about two weeks to break them in completely. Felt like a long two weeks...

That sucks to hear that you're injured but that's cool that you're enjoying the Cleto Reyes. I hope you recover fast.

Don't know if anyone still cares, but after the two week mark, the Reyes are fitting/feeling better and better every day. I think I'm almost at four weeks soon.

So there's that update.

Back