QUINTET 3 - Oct. 5th 10pm ET (Faber, Sakuraba, Barnett, 10th Planet, Polaris, Team Alpha Male)

WingsLax9042

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
20180904_01.jpg

What an unreal lineup. This is going to be insane. If you haven't seen the first two, they're awesome (especially the 2nd one)

First Round -
Team Sakuraba vs Team Alpha Male (First Match - Faber vs. Sakuraba)
10th Planet vs. Polaris

Team Helio - Sakuraba, Barnett, Marcos Souza, Roberto Souza, Daisuke Nakamura
Team Alpha Male - Faber, Dustin Akbari, GORDON RYAN, Mansher Khera, Antoine Jaoude
Team 10th Planet (Quintet 2 champs) (Richie and Geo Martinez, PJ Barch, Amir Allam, Adam Sachnoff)
Team Polaris (Quintet 1 champs) (Marcin Held, Dan Strauss, Craig Jones, Gregor Gracie, Vitor Ribeiro)

43005140_267246347233380_6530860092714123264_n.jpg

Also:
Special Single Match - Nicky Ryan vs. Hideo Tokoro
Special Heavyweight Match - Frank Mir vs. Satoshi Ishii
Special Single Match - Marcelo Nunes vs. Haisam Rida

https://www.quintet-fight.com/en/2018/09/05/quintet_3_tickets/

https://mmasucka.com/2018/10/02/quintet-3-the-definitive-preview/

Live on FightPass.

Last edited:
QUINTET has definitely been the most interesting thing in submission grappling for me, good to see them continue to secure down deals. Hopefully being on FightPass will allow some of the UFC signed fighters to compete (UFC has been less strict on exclusivity when it comes to grappling in the past).

Good stuff. Good to see Holdsworth, Held, etc, have a platform to test their skills outside of MMA.

I'm glad they still have teams based around certain styles or subsets of a style like 10th planet (or even certain gyms like team alpha male). That makes grappling events really interesting to me. It should push guys to train harder to beat the guys from other styles.

I can't bring myself to watch submission grappling. I find no excitement in it.

I spent the week watching the previous quintet events (Quintet 1, Fight Night, and Quintet 2). I normally hate submission grappling but this event is great. The rule set, teams, and weight differences keep it exciting. I actually like it way more than anything else going on in the martial art world right now, including the ufc.

I'd love to see them continue to bring in different gyms and/or styles in the future. I'd like to see a Gracie JJ team, Jackson's MMA, AKA, Fedor's team, etc.

I can't bring myself to watch submission grappling. I find no excitement in it.

I hear ya.... but the post right here proves the point that you should at least give Quintet a shot, the events are fast...action packed... and the only way to advance is to WIN. You draw? You're out. Submission only, just like EBI.

I enjoy Quintet and EBI immensely more then I do the UFC right now. They cut out the bullshit and treat it like an actual sport.

I'm pretty sure if you watch, and aren't impressed by Haisam Rida, Geo Martinez, Garry Tonan, and Craig Jones, you can then determine this shit isn't for you. haha.

I spent the week watching the previous quintet events (Quintet 1, Fight Night, and Quintet 2). I normally hate submission grappling but this event is great. The rule set, teams, and weight differences keep it exciting. I actually like it way more than anything else going on in the martial art world right now, including the ufc.

I'd love to see them continue to bring in different gyms and/or styles in the future. I'd like to see a Gracie JJ team, Jackson's MMA, AKA, Fedor's team, etc.

Miyata pulls of a sick sub in quintet fightnigtht

I still haven't watched that one.... today seems like a good day.

Eddie Bravo said on one of Rogan's shows that 10th Planet has a gathering once a year... and they're going to do a Quintet style tournament this year. That'd be awesome to see.

I am so excited for this event. Could you imagine if Teams Alpha Male and Sakuraba end up facing off, and Faber has to grapple against someone like Barnett?

I am so excited for this event. Could you imagine if Teams Alpha Male and Sakuraba end up facing off, and Faber has to grapple against someone like Barnett?

That would be cool. I really want to see Barnett face off against Craig Jones or someone like that. Unfortunately, the only Quintet he competed in, he only had 1 match and it was 4 minutes long because of the weight difference. So we really haven't got to see him go against any HWs or bigger guys in Quintet.

Back