QUINTET 3 - Oct. 5th 10pm ET (Faber, Sakuraba, Barnett, 10th Planet, Polaris, Team Alpha Male)

That would be cool. I really want to see Barnett face off against Craig Jones or someone like that. Unfortunately, the only Quintet he competed in, he only had 1 match and it was 4 minutes long because of the weight difference. So we really haven't got to see him go against any HWs or bigger guys in Quintet.

And Gregor Gracie didn't look like he wanted any part of Barnett during the match.... I feel like 5 minutes would be much better, 4 is just way too short (unless you're Geo Martinez)

Faber, Barnett, and Sakuraba are on MMAJunkie radio or whatever the fuck its called today.
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/watch...ba-tom-vaughn-nicco-montano-ufc-228-quintet-3

Barnett just said that the expected first round matchups are Helio vs. Alpha Male and 10th Planet vs. Polaris.

Sakuraba said the fans wanted to see certain matchups, so thats why they set the matchups that way.

And.... Faber just said that the first match of the night is....... Faber vs. Sakuraba.

Faber's been walking around at 160-165... so it'll be 8 minutes.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen quintet 2, have they changed the time limits for big weight difference matches yet?

4 minutes was way too fuckin short. Just make all matches 8 minutes or whatever a regular match is regardless of weight.

Haven’t seen quintet 2, have they changed the time limits for big weight difference matches yet?

4 minutes was way too fuckin short. Just make all matches 8 minutes or whatever a regular match is regardless of weight.

I agree 4 minutes is too short, I'd like to see it changed to at least 5.

Its still 4 minutes as of now.... but Quintet 2 is definitely worth a watch.... It plays out perfectly.

And Gregor Gracie didn't look like he wanted any part of Barnett during the match.... I feel like 5 minutes would be much better, 4 is just way too short (unless you're Geo Martinez)

Faber, Barnett, and Sakuraba are on MMAJunkie radio or whatever the fuck its called today.
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/watch...ba-tom-vaughn-nicco-montano-ufc-228-quintet-3

Barnett just said that the expected first round matchups are Helio vs. Alpha Male and 10th Planet vs. Polaris.

Sakuraba said the fans wanted to see certain matchups, so thats why they set the matchups that way.

And.... Faber just said that the first match of the night is....... Faber vs. Sakuraba.

Faber's been walking around at 160-165... so it'll be 8 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up! I like 10th Planet vs Polaris in the first round. It's the 2 teams who won the first 2 events against each other, and both are JJ. Is it the same group of people from the previous 10th Planet and Polaris teams?

I agree 4 minutes is too short, I'd like to see it changed to at least 5.

Its still 4 minutes as of now.... but Quintet 2 is definitely worth a watch.... It plays out perfectly.

I’m chillin on the couch about to watch it now, thanks for the recommendation.

I’ll compromise and say 5-6 minutes for big weight differences instead of 8 lol

Ok so just watched quintet 2, here’s my useless thoughts.

Twice during Pj matches the ref stood them up during submissions. Weird.

Hasaim Rida is sick for a brown belt.

Old Guys like Saku, dong, and nak need to leave quintet to the new generation, or compete in a masters tourney.

Big weight difference matches need 5-6 minutes instead of four. Satoshi keeps getting fucked by four minute matches.

I thought Vagabond beat 10th planet, the refs decision isn’t even explained.

Exciting matches, looking forward to quintet 3. The ufc should enter a team with werdum and Maia.

Too bad Marcelo retired, I think he’d be the first guy to take out an entire team.

9AA180A2-18AE-4333-BE1B-676FB3261D9B.jpeg

Personal picture I took getting the ufc training center tour with Saku and his team.

The phone doesn’t allow me to upload other pictures because of the size I hope I can post some more later at my apt.

Thanks for the heads up! I like 10th Planet vs Polaris in the first round. It's the 2 teams who won the first 2 events against each other, and both are JJ. Is it the same group of people from the previous 10th Planet and Polaris teams?
I saw Eddie Bravo on MMA Hour, and he gave the list of names. From what I remember it's the same as the team from Q2.

Personally I would like to see Eddie himself in the team, he's younger than Sakuraba after all.

I saw Eddie Bravo on MMA Hour, and he gave the list of names. From what I remember it's the same as the team from Q2.

Personally I would like to see Eddie himself in the team, he's younger than Sakuraba after all.

I think he is injured, I saw a video where he blew out his knee, and one where his arm was in a sling. Not sure which injury was resent, but one was from maybe a year ago.

His arm was in the sling still at Quintet 2, so I think that's the more recent injury.

His arm was in the sling still at Quintet 2, so I think that's the more recent injury.

Okay, that's where I saw it then, couldn't remember and was thinking it was a pic. But yeah, it was from Quintet 2. Perhaps in the future he can be in one. I wouldn't mind Sakuraba vs Eddie Bravo. I remember years ago Josh Barnett and Eddie Bravo got into it online so I'd watch that one too.

And yes... 10th Planet's team will be the same team from Quintet 2. I was hoping they'd maybe replace Adam or Amir with Ben Eddy or somebody... but oh well. As long as Geo is there, I'm good.

Holy shit. (First post updated)

QUINTET announces exclusive single match: Hideo Tokoro vs. Nicky Ryan!

*COMING SOON*
QUINTET is set to announce another special single heavyweight match…

https://www.quintet-fight.com/2018/09/17/lightweight_single_match/

20180916_01.jpg

Last edited:
Quintet is pretty excited and a refreshing change of pace compared to most submission grappling tournaments. The total weight limit of your team really causes the teams to be strategic when picking members. The crowd also really gets into it which makes it even more exciting.

Insane that Nicky Ryan is fighting tokoro. He’s a monster but he is a young teen. That said I watch him mangle an adult at a recent local tournament! Hope he does well

This bump brought to you by the news that......

FRANK MIR VS. SATOSHI ISHII

has been added as a special match.

Mir, Faber, and Sakuraba are 3 of my 5 favorite fighters of all time. I'm pretty sure I'm just imagining this event happening at this point. Don't mind me.... I'll just be over here.... jerking off.

Back