Quitting diet soda

Go find Zevia soda at Sam's Club. No artificial flavors. It uses natural sugar alcohol, I think, or stevia. It's not that bad, but isn't as good as sugar Cherry Pepsi or 7Up.

Edit: It is stevia + natural flavors according to the can I drank today.

Last edited:
Unsweetened iced tea is my go to soda replacement. Or iced coffee

Last edited:
Diet is so disgusting. If I go to a fast food place and have to choose. I fill the cup about 1/3 to 1/2 with regular soda and then water it down the rest of the way.

Try Zevia soda.... My grandpa drank a 2 liter of coke everyday for the last 40 years of his life and he made it to 93. Sometimes it's just your genetics that get you.

Maybe switch to these? I like em.
Sparking-ice_1.gif
My mom buys these.I was drinking these for awhile and didnt even know they were 0 calorie

I use Zevia to mix my Emergen-C vitamin C, which doesn't taste good mixed with just water. Their root beer is ok. Cream tastes like cream. Black Cherry and Ginger Ale are decent. Those are the Sam's Club variety pack offerings. I think the Cola was ok.

My mom buys these.I was drinking these for awhile and didnt even know they were 0 calorie
That's got the same artificial sweetners. It's almost impossible to find mints without fake sugar.

Learn to enjoy unsweetened iced tea. I drink that with almost every meal.

I used to be a soda crackhead too.

Day one pretty much over and no setbacks! :D Not really had much of a craving for it and only a slight head ache.

Day one pretty much over and no setbacks! :D Not really had much of a craving for it and only a slight head ache.
I keep getting hooked on it. I drink at least 2 litres a day. When I try to stop it all at once by the third day I’m dying from headaches and heaving. I find it’s better to slowly ween off it. Like having a drink each day, just enough to keep the headache away, and then stop.

i've been drinking either plain club soda or zevia...haven't had a regular soda in years.

canada-cans.png

I keep getting hooked on it. I drink at least 2 litres a day. When I try to stop it all at once by the third day I’m dying from headaches and heaving. I find it’s better to slowly ween off it. Like having a drink each day, just enough to keep the headache away, and then stop.
Between 1,5-3 liters a day for me too the last 10 years. Figure the head aches and stuff will get worse before it gets better but I've decided to quit cold turkey so just gotta try to power through. I'm an "all or nothing" person so I have big problems with moderation/weaning off things :p

Whatever works for POTUS is what you should do. Under Obama I played lots of basketball and let my wife yell at me all the time - now I sit around on twitter and drink diet soda.

I'm not sure there's definitive proof aspartame has negative effects, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

Day 2 and 3 down without any relapses! :) Had quite a head ache all yesterday, less today (no cravings). Just now I'm feeling restless/hyper/manic, hope its a good sign <45>

If memory serves Tab soda is diet and has no aspartem

Oh man, that's a lot of soda. I rarely drink soda, but when i did regularly i could never get into the taste of the diet stuff. They all had that weird sweet taste. Ugh.

Back